Housing for Brazoria WW2 Vet

2,633 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TYRY43
DevilYack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
La Patrona came across a gofundme for Hewitt Bauguss, Sr. who lost the travel trailer he lives in to the flooding. He is a 95 year old World War II veteran who served in both the Army Air Corps and later in the National Guard.

https://www.gofundme.com/housing-for-hewitt-harvey-relief

From the site:
Getting by on only his modest Social Security check each month, he has been unable to afford new housing after the rising flood waters overtook his home and belongings. He does have insurance but due to the age of his trailer (16 years) the proceeds will be prorated. This will not be near enough to even afford a used trailer for him to live in.

From what I can tell, it's legit. Here is a news report on Mr. Bauguss:

http://thefacts.com/news/article_06c3f9a9-97fc-5c03-aac1-465e2b6737d8.html

We kicked in some money, but I thought I'd shoot it out to the TexAgs bunch in case anyone else is looking for a way to help out.

sts7049
TYRY43
Thanks to all who gave to this fund as enough money has been raised to get him a new RV to live in. The new trailer will be purchased this coming week. He was not a happy person when he found out this fund had been started as he is a proud man who has never asked for any type of assistance in his life and is very embarrassed by his situation. The contributions have given me a new faith in people. Out of the approximately 400 people who sent in donations, only about less than 10 were known to the family.

Until a few minutes ago I wasn't aware there was any mention of his situation on TexAgs. The only reason I found it was because I was searching for a post that was in the premium forum a day or so ago in which an Ag was asking for assistance in getting relatives out of the Virgin Islands. After seeing how complete strangers have come to the aid of my dad, I feel the need to help others where I can.

God bless all who have helped.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.