All,

Leaving politics aside, I subscribe to an e-mail update from our US Rep John Culberson (US-7, Texas)

I just received notice from him that he is hosting a "Disaster Recovery Resource Expo" this Saturday (16th) from 1 - 3pm, at St. John Vianney Catholic Church Activity Center.

Address is:
625 Nottingham Oaks Trail (77079)

He indicates there will be both FEMA and SBA Reps there with presentations, and Q & A about the claims process. I know a lot of threads here dealt with "who does what to whom and when" for those with and without insurance.

He is obviously NOT an Ag, or he would know better than to hold such an expo in that time slot, but it may be helpful to those who are dealing with the octopus of the claim process.

I have been to a few of his "Town Halls", they were calm affairs, no raucus yelling but, hearing about the claim process from the horses mouth may change that.

My wife also indicates the Houston City Councilman (Greg Travis) for our district is also holding a Town Hall meeting to discuss Disaster Recovery and Resources, at the Walnut Bend Rec Center, 10601 Briarforest, at 6:30 pm THIS EVENING. It's on his councilman's website, and they are asking for written questions, name, address phone & E-Mail, so that if they do not get them answered there at the meeting, they can respond via e-mail.

Travis appears to be a bit more informative to his constituency, according to unnamed sources.

Either one may be beneficial to you.

Cheers.