Yesterdays episode of TexAgs Radio that opened with a call from Mason from Rockport inspired me to try and get money directly to families who need help. Olin mentioned that he and he assumed others would be very likely to help if money didn't go into a black hole but rather directly to families in need. I created a GoFundMe that will pass any donations received directly to people who lost everything.

Quote:

My name is Jordan Patterson (Class of '08) and I live about 15 miles away from Rockport in Portland, TX. My wife Katie (Class of '07) and her family (many Aggies also) own a business in Rockport and my parents live there. Because of that we know many people who were greatly affected by Harvey. One of Katie's employees lost his home and another has her home completely overtaken with mold. One of our friends was told her home may not be structurally sound to live in and may have to be demolished. The stories really go and on. It's a huge mess and unfortunately now we're hearing over and over how insurance isn't helping near as much as they should. It's put a huge financial burden on many down here.

It's been absolutely amazing to see all the donations that have come in in the form of water, cleaning supplies, food, clothes, etc. but now what they really need is financial help so they can pick up the pieces of their lives and move on.

My goal is to raise money and give it all (every penny) directly to the people who need it. I'll post pictures, videos and stories of those who receive it. The people in this community are wonderful, hardworking people...let's help them out.
Help spread the word!