Breathing masks

1,960 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BlackGoldAg2011
Texaggie7nine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Flying into austin this evening and driving back home to Willowbrook area. Picking up a box of breathing masks for friends to wear while demoing. If they have more boxes of 20 available I'd be happy to pick up more. They are $20 a box. I'll check thread when I land around 530.
7nine
74OA
AG
People should understand that ordinary paper face masks will not protect against mold inhalation. That takes a respirator. FEMA recommends the N-95: Amazon, but far cheaper elsewhere online without exhalation valve.
hatchback
AG
+1 on the N-95 masks. That's all we used in Cinco Ranch this week.
74OA
AG
hatchback said:

+1 on the N-95 masks. That's all we used in Cinco Ranch this week.
I'm surprised FEMA isn't passing them out like candy in greater Houston as tens of thousands clean up their soaked homes and businesses..........
combat wombat™
AG
I used one of these this weekend helping a friend demo their house. It was like breathing through a wet towel. That thing was awful.
74OA
AG
I've spent untold hours working in rubber military gas masks, so I get it, but if mold is present the alternative is risking serious illness. Choose.
combat wombat™
AG
I did. I wore the mask.
Texaggie7nine
Buying these http://www.homedepot.com/p/3M-N95-Particulate-Respirator-Dust-Mask-20-Pack-8210PPB1-A-NA/100583556
7nine
Texaggie7nine
No takers. Close thread.
7nine
MouthBQ98
AG
If mold has not yet grown, you don't need one. You can see it if it is present, and definitely smell it. Some people react badly to the spores, and are allergic. I am not, fortunately.
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
if you plan to be involved in going into a lot of homes, do yourself a favor and get a re-usable face mask like this

fits better, is more comfortable, is easier to breathe, and the valve works better so goggles won't fog. I got one and 4 houses into tear ours and its the best $25 i've spent so far.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.