Jefferson County/Golden Triangle

8,816 Views | 81 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Bassmaster
ordord93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My hometown is Nederland, and I'm thinking that area is about to get hit. I'm having trouble tracking down information online...is anyone there to give updates - weather/closures/evacuations/etc?
RCR06
AG
Widespread flooding, but it's hit and miss. I live in beaumont and my house almost flooded this morning. The rain finally let up and drained off a bit. Lots of flooding in hampshire labelle area, bevil oaks, northwest forest. Hadn't heard anything specific about Nederland.
plowboy1065
S
SETX is bad bad right now. Keeping up with friends on FB and the pics and videos are not good. The I-10 concrete barricades in Winnie are keeping a huge wall of water on the north side from completely flooding Winnie
plowboy1065
S
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=510118069326962&id=100009863193622
Aggie97
AG
Nederland has street flooding but it would go down with lulls. But the whole area is getting pounded with wind and rain now. I live in Lumberton and Hwy 69/96 is closed in Lumberton. I10 West is also closed. Only way out is I10 east to Louisiana
GarlandAg2012
AG
Friend just got an email from his corporate EHS VP that there are voluntary evacs coming in Orange and Bridge City. Have much family throughout the Golden Triangle including elderly. Can anyone confirm there are possible evacuations coming?
Aggie97
AG
I haven't heard about Bridge City. But Bevil Oaks, North West Forest have mandatory evacuations.
ThenamesAg
AG
Just got word from family in Nederland that their starting to close roads. Helena and Spurlock and maybe beauxart garden at 69 too. Bostwick thinks the next 7-10 hrs are going to be pretty bad but once it makes landfall it should move off quickly.
ordord93
AG
Thanks for the updates. Hoping it blows through quickly. Keeping you all in my prayers.
Big Cat `93
AG
Lots of roads closed over there, but house flooding looks extremely rare. My parents and sister in Silsbee are high and dry. However, Keith Road in Lumberton had rapids running through it.
RCR06
AG
There are no mandatory evacuations in any cities. A few communities have mandatory evacuations. Jefferson county sheriff announced they will only do rescues in extreme circumstances after night falls. So if you want out you better call now.
gman-79
AG
Beaumont is pretty bad, was nervous this morning but water went down. Came back up this afternoon, it needs to stop raining pretty damn quick.
MosesRAB-93
AG
My parents are in Beaumont and seem to be doing OK.
atag
AG
In laws are in port Arthur and are doing well so far. They live very close to png.
CAR96
AG
My parents are in Port Neches on Saba Lane off Hwy 347. Had water over the curb and into he yard at 3-4 pm and most of Saba Lane was flooded and since this is more of a tropical depression being on the west side has produced more rain and that will be the cause of the damage contributing to flood.

Unemployed
AG
Wow...supposedly I-10 @ Winnie.

*Can't vouch for validity. Someone posted it on reddit.

plowboy1065
S
I can vouch for it but it's only one side of the freeway. The west bound side of 10 is acting as a dam keeping the water back. Spindletop Bayou can not take all the water trying to flow down it and thus is backing up. See my post above with the video
plowboy1065
S
https://flic.kr/p/YepLuK

Another video a buddy sent me. This is across from their hangar at the Winnie airport
tremble
AG
HOLY ****
MouthBQ98
AG
It is amazing those barriers can hold back the water like that. That's a lot of force.
Aries
Lots of flooding in Bridge City & Orange. Look on kogt.com for more specifics.

Our old neighborhood entrance in Orange is flooded by at least 4 feet, again.
Brauny
Staff
Bumping this thread. I've heard (not confirmed) multiple rescue calls are being made in Mid County. I've got grandparents in Groves who are seemingly ok.

There are parts of Nederland that sound like they're in bad shape. My parents house off of Spurlock is leaking, but the water doesn't appear to be close. However, my dad said he couldn't see outside to know how close the water is. I've got a cousin that lives off Ave H that is doing anything he can to keep water from coming in his back door.

Reports from Port Arthur are people standing in 3-4 feet of water in their home.
Spudman
AG
Wow
ThenamesAg
AG
Family reporting that the rain seems to be finally lightening up. Water near multiple houses and a few fires in the forest central neighborhood though.
tk for tu juan
http://fox4beaumont.com/news/local/port-arthur-in-crisis-mode
Brauny
Staff
Three doors down from my parents home...the house I grew up in.

Word I got from back home is that Port Arthur is in a bad way, and folks in Bridge City and Orangefield are about to have to make some major decisions.
RCR06
AG
I have water almost to my front porch. It's lightened up and gone down just a bit at my house in Beaumont. My neighborhood is worse off than most though. I've got friends a few half mile away that haven't gotten water over the curb. Some areas of port Arthur got 23 inches of rain yesterday. According to my rain gauge I got 18 inches yesterday midnight to midnight.
RCR06
AG
Port Arthur 911 is overwhelmed. They are only rescuing immediately dangerous to life and health situations. They also had a three fires last night to deal with. The requested state rescue assistance cannot get here due to high water road closures. They think once it is light they should be able to get more help. Cajun navy is supposedly om the way. Just heard on the news there were 100 rescues in groves.
gman-79
AG
Port Arthur is devastated and they have a foot of water in an evacuation center. Orange is bad and they are getting hammered with rain. Beaumont can't take much more. We have been worried about water in house for 2 days. We are taking turns sleeping so it doesn't surprise us.

Please pray for everyone affected.
GarlandAg2012
AG
My grandmother loves in PA near Jefferson and Gulfway. Anyone know how that part of town is fairing?
The Catfish
AG
Has anyone seen anything official from Jack Brooks (BPT) on closure?
usmcaggie12
I would imagine it is bad. Seems like this whole area was hit hard last night.
The Collective
AG
I was afraid this was going to be the case that direction. Prayers for everyone caught in this crap. What a monumental storm this has been.
MouthBQ98
AG
Who is coordinating help in that area? Those counties are more sparsely populated so communication and resources are going to be limited.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Pretty good live stream of Triangle area

http://kfdm.com/live
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.