Is Hoover Worth The Trip? - SEC Baseball Tourney 2027

526 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by AggieGJ93
LouisianaAg19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy! Long time lurker here.
Is Hoover worth visiting? Thinking about making the trip next year for the tournament whether the Ags are playing good ball or not. How's the town/stadium/pricing/etc.?
TIA!
nereus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The major complaint against going as a fan is it is single elimination. If you just want to watch one specific team, good chance you only see them for 1 game.

If you just want to watch great baseball and don't care who is playing, there is lots of talent there and the players really get into it (even though it largely doesn't matter in the large scheme of things).
BQ_90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think this tourney used to be a huge deal. But I wonder now since all the regionals and supers are on TV or stream that this specific tourney just has lost some of its appeal.

Also it seems like you're always dealing with weather delays.
Renn_dls
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I would say so. This year, 203 is going to cause problems. I went last year and thought it was super fun, so I'm gonna get all my problem people up there
ensign_beedrill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If you love baseball, the answer is yes.
BBGigem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is a great tournament. Just like said before, you will see some great baseball and some of the top talent in the county. It is a lot of fun with a great atmosphere. Fans from all the teams seem to be at every game. Day games that are hot are not as well attended by other fans and there will be a rain delay. It seems to always happen every year. To me, that is part of the charm. I think Hoover does a great job and really enjoyed visiting there the two times I went. I recommend.
AggieGJ93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I went last year and watched a very disinterested Aggie team get hammered by Auburn. I think the motivation to go depends on the importance to the team playing. Single elimination sucks and it is hot as hell. Weather is an issue.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.