BlueBell Stadium Upgrade

6,293 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by ReelAg6
fightinag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If this field is going to be upgraded the Charles Schwab field where the College World Series is held would make a great starting point to copy !
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
Charlie 31
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
fightinag said:

If this field is going to be upgraded the Charles Schwab field where the College World Series is held would make a great starting point to copy !


Cool starry bra !
RED AG 98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So we're just gonna upgrade from 5k to 25k? Cool, I'm in. Will even pitch in $2.
dabo man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pretty sure the train tracks will need to be relocated. Back in the 90s, that was going to cost $76 million and the powers that be balked at that number. Can't imagine what it would cost now (to move the tracks to west Brazos County).
LB12MEEN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We should have done what all other sports on west campus have done recently. Move the location. Softball and track now have facilities that are top 3 in the nation. You can always do more building new than refurbing. Especially with the constraints in place at the present location.

If you had to keep it here, should have just got rid of the entire parking lot and build the majority of new stadium where the parking lot is present.y located. Once completed, remove the old and finish the rest.
Gig ‘Em Baby!
archangelus2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The thing I liked most about the Omaha park was the absolutely massive concourses. Tons of room to move around and also lets the standing room only tickets absorb just about anybody that wants to see a game, no more sold out games or having to stick people out in the isolated trailer park (Section 12). Walking all the way around the park seamlessly is my favorite way to stretch my legs at ballparks that allow it.
Killzone3abc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think we'd be better off if we just pulled the field away from the tracks another 50-100 ft. It eats into the parking lot, but you could just convert it into a garage to recoup the spots. I doubt that would be popular with the RV folks though.
slipnslide
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know we absolutely need an upgrade but feels like we are all out of space. Personally I think Aggie Alley is a great feature and adds to the atmosphere however they know they don't make money off that, will probably see it go in the next 2-3 years.
LB12MEEN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's my point. The parking lot does not matter. There does not even need to be one there. Plenty of parking around Reed and the west campus parking garage.
Gig ‘Em Baby!
ensign_beedrill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You think so? I found the concourse suffocating. Very hard to move around. Way too congested. Lol.
Buford T. Justice
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We aren't doing this.
I've said this many times, and I think that it is the prudent thing to do. Use the stadium for 15 more years and then completely tear it down and start over.
But, and it's a big but, stop looking at what it could be within the current footprint, and reset the footprint within the stadium block, which includes the parking lot. If you reset the "new" ballpark back and to the right, you exponentially increase the number of options that could be designed into the new ballpark, and you still keep the choo choos, but they don't cause any limitations.

The key with all of this is, there is no need to rush the stadium renovation. That was completely manufactured by POS. Slow down, think clearly and let things play out.

Feel free to drop a blue star.
dr_java
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Upgrade I'm looking for is ABS equipment.
archangelus2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ensign_beedrill said:

You think so? I found the concourse suffocating. Very hard to move around. Way too congested. Lol.

I'm mainly thinking about scale. How many people can watch a game at Olsen from the concourse compared to how many can watch the game in Omaha. It's literally like 500 vs. 5000.
BillE1976
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The first time I heard that they were going to move the RR tracks was 1972. It ain't happening. Extending the second deck, adding area in left field similar the Ms State should grow capacity to 10,000 - 12,000. While it is not the best, Blue Bell is better than over half of the stadiums in SEC, including tu.
GMA3748
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Killzone3abc said:

I think we'd be better off if we just pulled the field away from the tracks another 50-100 ft. It eats into the parking lot, but you could just convert it into a garage to recoup the spots. I doubt that would be popular with the RV folks though.

With the construction of the new development center, I don't see this happening unless we don't touch the park for 15 years.
twk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Buford T. Justice said:

We aren't doing this.
I've said this many times, and I think that it is the prudent thing to do. Use the stadium for 15 more years and then completely tear it down and start over.
But, and it's a big but, stop looking at what it could be within the current footprint, and reset the footprint within the stadium block, which includes the parking lot. If you reset the "new" ballpark back and to the right, you exponentially increase the number of options that could be designed into the new ballpark, and you still keep the choo choos, but they don't cause any limitations.

The key with all of this is, there is no need to rush the stadium renovation. That was completely manufactured by POS. Slow down, think clearly and let things play out.

Feel free to drop a blue star.

I've been told that rebuilding in that direction is not an option due to the impending highway work building an underpass for Bush. Doesn't make sense to me, but that's what I've been told. Now that we are building the player facilities, you can't just scoot the grandstand back a bit the way that you once could have. We are stuck in the current configuration for the foreseeable future.
Buford T. Justice
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In 15 years those high tech player development will be said to be out of date, and there is a need to build new ones…..in the completely new ball park.

As stupid as that sounds, you know that will be the case. Heck, the current locker room and weight room is only like 14 years old.

For once, we need to do something once, and do it right, so that it will last for 30+ years. This locker room renovation bs that we see in football is a joke, and It doesn't need to jump across the tracks.
TAMU1990
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You can extend down the foul lines and get rid of the berms and temporary bleachers. It would add quite a bit - with or without an upper deck.
dermdoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
twk said:

Buford T. Justice said:

We aren't doing this.
I've said this many times, and I think that it is the prudent thing to do. Use the stadium for 15 more years and then completely tear it down and start over.
But, and it's a big but, stop looking at what it could be within the current footprint, and reset the footprint within the stadium block, which includes the parking lot. If you reset the "new" ballpark back and to the right, you exponentially increase the number of options that could be designed into the new ballpark, and you still keep the choo choos, but they don't cause any limitations.

The key with all of this is, there is no need to rush the stadium renovation. That was completely manufactured by POS. Slow down, think clearly and let things play out.

Feel free to drop a blue star.

I've been told that rebuilding in that direction is not an option due to the impending highway work building an underpass for Bush. Doesn't make sense to me, but that's what I've been told. Now that we are building the player facilities, you can't just scoot the grandstand back a bit the way that you once could have. We are stuck in the current configuration for the foreseeable future.


Exactly. My consigliere is always right. Once the new players facility was built where it was the die was cast. I would be shocked if any stadium redo was done within the next 15 years.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
LB12MEEN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So basically do exactly what I stated. Yes I can blue star you for agreeing with me.
Gig ‘Em Baby!
WhoopN06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I thought one requirement from the University was that any stadium Reno / rebuild had to stay within the existing footprint? Has that changed?
LB12MEEN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Buford T. Justice said:

In 15 years those high tech player development will be said to be out of date, and there is a need to build new ones…..in the completely new ball park.

As stupid as that sounds, you know that will be the case. Heck, the current locker room and weight room is only like 14 years old.

For once, we need to do something once, and do it right, so that it will last for 30+ years. This locker room renovation bs that we see in football is a joke, and It doesn't need to jump across the tracks.

Just like we did for Football Track and softball, which all are top 3 in the nation.
Gig ‘Em Baby!
ReelAg6
How long do you want to ignore this user?
WhoopN06 said:

I thought one requirement from the University was that any stadium Reno / rebuild had to stay within the existing footprint? Has that changed?
this may not have migrated here yet from the premium board, but Kendall Rogers posted this before the season. This is what Judas was working on.

Buford T. Justice
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I missed your post about it, but will give you full credit for the idea.
BQ_90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
WhoopN06 said:

I thought one requirement from the University was that any stadium Reno / rebuild had to stay within the existing footprint? Has that changed?

It does. Or they said no new stadium in another location
AggieBaseball06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ReelAg6 said:

WhoopN06 said:

I thought one requirement from the University was that any stadium Reno / rebuild had to stay within the existing footprint? Has that changed?
this may not have migrated here yet from the premium board, but Kendall Rogers posted this before the season. This is what Judas was working on.




As others have pointed out, the new facilities wouldn't allow a lot of this plan.
Buford T. Justice
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Oh…that gets into legalize.
twk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AggieBaseball06 said:

ReelAg6 said:

WhoopN06 said:

I thought one requirement from the University was that any stadium Reno / rebuild had to stay within the existing footprint? Has that changed?

this may not have migrated here yet from the premium board, but Kendall Rogers posted this before the season. This is what Judas was working on.




As others have pointed out, the new facilities wouldn't allow a lot of this plan.

I'm not sure what others you are referring to, but nothing we are doing right now would keep us from doing what is shown in the drawings. There was some discussion here about virtually moving the grandstand south (building new) toward the intersection of Olsen Road and Bush, but between the underpass project, and the new facilities, that is not happening. The plan in the drawings is still viable.
BQ_90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
right, money will stop most of that from happening. I don't see them raising enough to make the entire plan happen
BQ_90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Buford T. Justice said:

Oh…that gets into legalize.

i don't know what that means. The Univ said there isn't room anywhere else on campus. I guess we could move it off campus. But that's not happening either
AGGIEGMA9
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What's going on with the Olson parking lot. Concrete diggers and equipment tearing up the place!
6 Aggies
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Work related to the intersection of Bush and wellborn was what I was told
Aggie_Fire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Bush Wellborn project is still 2 years away. Are they doing utility relocates already?
BQ_90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aggie_Fire said:

The Bush Wellborn project is still 2 years away. Are they doing utility relocates already?

well you already have crew on site tearing things up, why not fix it now while you have people onsite working. Also i know there was utility upgrades that where done prior to starting project, so it might all be rolled into 1 project
PaulsBunions
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
twk said:

AggieBaseball06 said:

ReelAg6 said:

WhoopN06 said:

I thought one requirement from the University was that any stadium Reno / rebuild had to stay within the existing footprint? Has that changed?

this may not have migrated here yet from the premium board, but Kendall Rogers posted this before the season. This is what Judas was working on.




As others have pointed out, the new facilities wouldn't allow a lot of this plan.

I'm not sure what others you are referring to, but nothing we are doing right now would keep us from doing what is shown in the drawings. There was some discussion here about virtually moving the grandstand south (building new) toward the intersection of Olsen Road and Bush, but between the underpass project, and the new facilities, that is not happening. The plan in the drawings is still viable.


I haven't been following that closely, does anybody if there's an updated graphic showing how the new facilities affects the footprint? Closest thing I can find is the satellite view in the below in 2025. From what I can tell I agree with you, I don't see how the facilities negates the rendering ReelAg posted.

https://www.goodbullhunting.com/2025/2/6/24360608/28-3-million-texas-am-aggies-baseball-player-development-center-approved-by-board-of-regents
Page 1 of 2 ▼
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.