Schott

7,585 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by milner79
HoustonAg2106
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What is the deal with his waiver? I thought this was a done deal weeks ago.
well_endowed_ag
NCAA trying to **** us, as always.
Shoefly!
AG
Lawyer up, everyone else does!
aggie-1997
AG
I think it is funny that every time something doesn't goes as we want it, someone immediately throws out the conspiracy theory that someone is out to get us. The world against A&M. This stuff happens at every institution. It has nothing to do with just being A&M. Maybe the NCAA is just inept. There is a conspiracy theory for you.
jkag89
Sq 17
I think the NCAA realizes waivers are not great for the next class of incoming recruits and want to get back to players having 4-5 years of eligibility instead of the 6-7 that has become relatively Common
TexAg1822
AG
aggie-1997 said:

I think it is funny that every time something doesn't goes as we want it, someone immediately throws out the conspiracy theory that someone is out to get us. The world against A&M. This stuff happens at every institution. It has nothing to do with just being A&M. Maybe the NCAA is just inept. There is a conspiracy theory for you.

First time on TexAgs?
McInnis
AG
So what's going on with the waivers? 2020 not counting against anyone's eligibility is a given, right? From what I've read here the waiver applies to the 2021 season, but that was a full season. So is there a way for a player who played all of 2021 to get a waiver for that year?

When I look at Hayden's career stats it showed he played for a small college in 2019 then didn't play in either 2020 or 2021. Did the Ivy league cancel the 2021 season? Is that the purpose of this waiver?

Thanks!
themissinglink
AG
HIs waiver should be a rubber stamp. Much less ambiguity on how the 21 season was impacted by COVID (because the Ivy league flat out cancel the season) than someone like Evan or Travis (who actually played JUCO ball that season). I'm not sure how backed up the NCAA compliance office is with stuff like this. If there is any issue with him, I'm sure him or some Aggie lawyer on his behalf will sue the NCAA and they will cave.
DallasAg10
AG
TexAg1822 said:

aggie-1997 said:

First time on TexAgs?
Aggie12B
AG
News: He's back…officially.

Texas A&M OF/DH Hayden Schott's waiver for another year of eligibility has been approved by the NCAA. Another key piece to the Aggie offensive attack will return for Mike Earley and company.
Charlie 31
AG
Aggie12B said:

News: He's back…officially.

Texas A&M OF/DH Hayden Schott's waiver for another year of eligibility has been approved by the NCAA. Another key piece to the Aggie offensive attack and hilarious running social media commentary will return for Mike Earley and company.

FIFY
DallasAg10
AG
I had deep fears that NCAA would not do anything and we'd lose him some how.

So happy Schott is back. Next season is going to be amazing.
WT14
AG
1. Super happy for Schott. He rocks and I'm so glad he's back.

2. I know Aschenbeck's waiver wasn't looking good, but why not wait up until the deadline? August 1st I think. Maybe since Schott's took so long the NCAA could have done the same to Asch?
powerbelly
AG
Based on similar players, there was zero chance he was going to get another year
Sean98
AG
Sq 17 said:

I think the NCAA realizes waivers are not great for the next class of incoming recruits and want to get back to players having 4-5 years of eligibility instead of the 6-7 that has become relatively Common
Count me in this boat as well. Sucks in the case of Evan and Chestnut for us, but it's likely the right outcome.
Aggie Dad 26
aggie-1997 said:

It's a texags tradition.... unfortunately
Aggies2009
AG
Aggie Dad 26 said:

aggie-1997 said:

It's a texags tradition.... unfortunately
That goes both ways- there are some cases where there is clear evidence of malice or intentional wrongdoing and losers who try to deny it happening or beat down strawman arguments are just as bad.
AWP 97
AG
WT14 said:

2. I know Aschenbeck's waiver wasn't looking good, but why not wait up until the deadline? August 1st I think. Maybe since Schott's took so long the NCAA could have done the same to Asch?

I'm sure it's been discussed but what is the grey area for Aschenbeck's waiver? Did he redshirt in 2021? What is his basis for wanting an additional year? It looks like he played four seasons. TIA
LOYAL AG
AG
AWP 97 said:

WT14 said:

I'm sure it's been discussed but what is the grey area for Aschenbeck's waiver? Did he redshirt in 2021? What is his basis for wanting an additional year? It looks like he played four seasons. TIA

I believe the NJCAA has been granting waivers for 2021 because it was a very short season with inconsistent participation from member schools. The expectation was that the NCAA would follow their lead for JC players but that hasn't happened.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
Sean98
AG
Yeah, NJCAA basically granted a blanket waiver for 2021. But a lot of schools, like Blinn, played 40+ games, had a playoff and a championship. So the NCAA took a stricter line and delved into if, how, and how significantly the team's season was impacted.

...keep in mind if Evan had chosen to go back to D2, D3, NAIA, etc. he'd get that back because those divisions have followed the NJCAA ruling. Hence Chestnut hitting the portal so he can transfer to a lower division if he chooses. But with Evan being drafted by an MLB team I'm sure the Cubs were anxious to get something signed.
Sq 17
I have no opinion on who should be getting waivers granted just that it is not surprising and probably a good thing that more scrutiny is being applied
Speaking of waivers who was the tu WR that kept getting iirc Shipley or I am just hungry and wanting a dough nut
milner79
Aggie12B said:

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.