Anybody know

4,900 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ag4life80
monarch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
How much NIL money are our baseball guys getting, on avg? Roughly?
Peace for Ukraine!
trouble
AG
All anyone has is guesses.
Justice Beaver
AG
Less than Ukraine
monarch
S
Good job beaver. If Ukraine wasn't getting the crap beat out of them I'd laugh.

Serious question then. What is Fexas, LSU paying their guys? What are the rumors ? Serious question. I'm leading up to something.
Peace for Ukraine!
GoAgs92
AG
Texas Tech just landed a softball player for $1.2M...?

wtf is going on.
greg.w.h
AG
monarch said:

Yes. The student and the NIL deal funder. Collective might know. And required by law in Texas to disclose to the school for their review to avoid legal and compliance requirements issues.

Most such deals likely have non-disclosure agreements like companies use with social media influencers mainly to prevent an open market…I mean "jealousy."
powerbelly
AG
GoAgs92 said:

wtf is going on.

I don't believe that for a second. The only thing that has been true so far in NIL reporting has been that it is consistently wrong.
trouble
AG
Just out with it. It's too early for games.
monarch
S
Ok, I'll take a guess. There are 18-20 college QB's making over $1.2 million. Thats roughly. Supposedly basketball guys are at $75-100,000+. I'm thinking that is low but that is what I saw. Are baseball players in that range?
Peace for Ukraine!
monarch
S
It's raining outside; I've got time to waste.
Peace for Ukraine!
greg.w.h
AG
monarch said:

It's raining outside; I've got time to waste.

StinkyPinky
AG
One Dollar Bob Drew
12thMan9
AG
monarch said:

Likely similar to a Ukraine soldier.

But, let's say they're getting $5K, your point?
Ronnie '88
monarch
S
Have heard that some SEC baseball guys were getting upwards of $250-$300,000. No Ags were mentioned or in the conversation. If true, contrast that with an MLB min salary being at $740,000. Gotta admit if true that is a ton of money to be paying any college athlete, baseball, football (QB's making $1 million and higher) softball, M/W basketball etc, etc, etc. I just don't like it. Hope this income is taxable.
Peace for Ukraine!
Sean98
AG
Looks like things might get a little more public...

kevmiller
Whoever the SID / associate AD guy on Texags radio a few weeks back said

" Brayden Montgomery was paid $.5 million for this year and was highest paid NIL player on the baseball team…He said 1/2 million won't even be in the top 5 for the 2025 team"
monarch
S
More power to the guys to get the money. Thought: why play minor league baseball when you can make more NIL coin? Oh yeah, MLB min salary next year is $760,000. NIL guys will be crossing that soon enough if not already.

This whole NIL BS has really F'd up college sports.
Peace for Ukraine!
W
AG
the funny thing is all the posters who for the last 2 years have been trotting out the line:

oh, it's always been like this

wrong...so wrong

baseball players were never getting $500,000 previously...or football players getting $1 MM

nowhere close
Chetos
AG
powerbelly said:

GoAgs92 said:

wtf is going on.

I don't believe that for a second. The only thing that has been true so far in NIL reporting has been that it is consistently wrong.

No kidding. It'd take way more than that to get me to go tceh
12thMan9
AG
Considering your ability to spell, you might not qualify.
Ronnie '88
Chetos
AG
12thMan9 said:

Considering your ability to spell, you might not qualify.

aggiewilliford
Justice Beaver said:

Less than Ukraine

I regret that I have but one star to give this! BRILLIANT!!!!
Gig Em Ags, God Bless Old Army and Marching in Behind the Band! Whooooopppp
greg.w.h
AG
W said:

the funny thing is all the posters who for the last 2 years have been trotting out the line:

oh, it's always been like this

wrong...so wrong

baseball players were never getting $500,000 previously...or football players getting $1 MM

nowhere close
It isn't the number…it was that it infracted the holy amateurism covenant vows of poverty for the athletes only that Teddy Roosevelt insisted the colleges take.

But Eric's gold Trans Am that was about 8K MSRP would be $30K n 2024 dollars.

And I know that Albert Reese of SMU had an apartment paid for by a booster which would have been about $8-10k per year from a conversation with his then girlfriend I worked with at NCH across from Texas Stadium in 1986-1988. So pretending it was trivial amounts is also false.
20ag07
Quote:

Whoever the SID / associate AD guy on Texags radio a few weeks back said

" Brayden Montgomery was paid $.5 million for this year and was highest paid NIL player on the baseball team…He said 1/2 million won't even be in the top 5 for the 2025 team"
There is no way in HELL Alan Cannon, or anyone on our AD said this.
Ag4life80
AG
So, I have a client I'm currently working with that I've known for over 15 years. The guy has been a CEO of several smaller software companies and has made a bunch of money and runs in that business circle.
He told me he had lunch with a guy who runs the tu NIL slush fund. Right now tu is running a lunch/dinner scheme whereby the alum requests whatever athlete they want to come to their house for a meal. The alum hands the athlete 5K in cash upon arrival and the athlete signs a receipt. My client was told that it's become a competition among the players, and one player had a 10 meal week recently.
20ag07
It's not like we're doing anything different. These guys don't show up on TexAgs Radio for free.

Somebody put LaViolette, Schott, and Wansing in like the 2nd row for Morgan Wallen.

Ag4life80
AG
Agreed. We're not talking about the millionaire class here. There are people funding this stuff that have hundreds of millions. So throwing a couple of million into an NIL fund doesn't even impact their balance sheet. It's ego driven and absolutely insane. But....it's happening.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.