The NCAA Hates Evan Aschenbeck

6,601 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by jbirdag96
BlockerResident
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And I won't be hearing any rational arguments to the contrary.
TAMU1990
AG
Why would they get back to Travis and not Evan?
SchizoAg
AG
How can they just not reply?
missinAggieland
AG
Apparently they also have not gotten back to Schott - posted on another thread.
NewEra2023
AG
They don't want us to win it all. That's why.
Randy Rhodes
Good, now we don't need to use him next year
S.A. Aggie
AG
Thank you Evan!!! You will be great in the pro's! You gave us many great performances & memories!!!
themissinglink
AG
Expected, but still hurts.
Bucketrunner
Another reason the NCAA needs to go away Be responsive!
Premieraggie
Evan, you have given us so many thrills and memories. Godspeed. Yes Aggieland will always be your home.
spud1910
AG
Best wishes Evan!
DallasAg10
AG
missinAggieland said:

Apparently they also have not gotten back to Schott - posted on another thread.

I think Schott is a slam dunk. During Evan's interview a few weeks ago I think they mentioned he may need to litigate in order to come back. With no answer from NCAA or someone telling him behind closed doors that it's a no, he's probably cutting bait and moving on.

Real shame. I desperately wanted him and Prager back in rotation.
missinAggieland
AG
I understand the differences, but how the NCAA cannot even get back to those who have clear cases is absolutely ridiculous.

The NCAA continues to show their complete incompetence.
HoustonAg2106
AG
missinAggieland said:

I understand the differences, but how the NCAA cannot even get back to those who have clear cases is absolutely ridiculous.

He didn't have a clear case. He played all year and even into the postseason in 2021 which is the year in question
Sean98
AG
TAMU1990 said:

Why would they get back to Travis and not Evan?
I don't think they've gotten back to Travis either. He just sees the writing on the wall so went into the portal just to be safe.
Serious Lee
bouncy ball fans know NCAA hates A&M. Derrick Roland should still have a year of eligibility left
you moran
AG
Missin was referring to Schott.
FTAG 2000
AG
We should have had lawyers filing suit the same day they filed their applications. That's how it works these days.
Aggie12B
AG
Thanks Evan for the last 2 years. You saved a LOT of games for us. We'll miss you. Good Luck in the Cubs organization
Sea Pony 07
AG
Good Luck Evan. We're going to miss you
Sean98
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

missinAggieland said:

He didn't have a clear case. He played all year and even into the postseason in 2021 which is the year in question
Honestly, he (Evan) probably does have a clear case, it's just not the answer we'd like.
missinAggieland
AG
you moran said:

AggieMD95
AG
If you can't enforce amateurism how is it lawful to enforce eligibility based on yrs of enrollment? Is that rule not just arbitrary?
themissinglink
AG
I posted this on another thread, but some info about the COVID waiver. My understanding is there was enough ambiguity that there was a decent chance the NCAA would fold if you sued, but Evan likely didn't meet the criteria.
Quote:

For those asking about the extra year waiver, here is what I found...link

The year in question is Spring 2021.

Schott's waiver should be a slam dunk because the Ivy league canceled the season.

If we go through the criteria for Aschenbeck, it's more difficult to get there. All of the following have to be "Yes"

1) Institution or conference canceled or suspended season due to COVID-19; - Yes. Blinn had 7 games cancelled/suspended because of COVID Blinn schedule
2) Student Athlete used season - Yes. Evan pitched and used a season of eligibility.
3) Student Athlete did not compete in more than 30% of maximum permissible contests/dates of competition; - Yes. Evan pitched in 9 games. (2021 Blinn stats - Evan was #23 I think) The maximum allowable is 17. This may be cheating because he's a pitcher, but that's how I understand the rule as written.
4) Student Athlete was eligible for competition; - Yes as far as I can tell
5) Student Athlete and team end competition by selection date for NCAA championship and do not compete in postseason competition - No??? Blinn's season ended May 8 in the Region XIV North tournament. Evan threw 8.0 IP 0 R in a game they won. My understanding is this is the JUCO equivalent to a regional. Maybe there is a technicality I'm missing as the table appears to be more directed toward NCAA student athletes.
EMY92
AG
Even if granted, he likely would have signed. However, it would have given him significant leverage in negotiating his deal.
OrangeAlert
Aschenbeck was an impressive closer. Although Tennessee got to him in game 3, I think it was because Sclossnagle used him so much in game 1. Fresh, he likely gets out of there with no runs.
HoustonAg2106
AG
missinAggieland said:

you moran said:

Oh I thought Schott already received his waiver
greg.w.h
AG
Non-transparent processes are always essentially political and invite corruption.
TXAGBQ76
AG
How many applications across how many sports are they dealing with?
greg.w.h
AG
TXAGBQ76 said:

How many applications across how many sports are they dealing with?
Irrelevant. They have one job. And must be, quoting Olin, accountable.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Of course they should be held accountable- and they have sucked at their one job for decades. I'm betting they don't have enough folks to handle the number of requests. This has been a problem forever and isn't going to change until the top 30 or so football programs spin off re-organize how things are done from top to bottom- from eligibility, rules violation enforcement, etc.
ArcheryAg
missinAggieland said:

The log jam Covid created has to eventually clear out. Evan along with many many others got caught up in the Covid disaster and knew well in advance this was there last year.
jbirdag96
AG
NCAA

National Coalition Against Aggies
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.