Omaha 2025 tickets

2,844 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by 203Raggie
jackrabbit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
so 2024 was quite the experience and well worth the few extra months I'll have to work to cover the ticket costs.

any good intel on best way to buy 2025 tickets and avoid all the sticker shock or waiting 'til the last minute to see if tickets drop materially.

not jinxing anything but I feel like I'll have a team to root for :-)
trouble
AG
You can sign up for notifications including when tickets go on sale here.

https://cloud.mail2.ncaa.com/championshippc2021?SportCode=MBA

jackrabbit
AG
Thank You!
trouble
AG
I'm planning to go even if our team isn't there. We had a blast this year.
12thMan9
AG
What is your definition of sticker shock?

I showed up w/5 of the 6 in my family w/no tickets for the Finals. Spent $1500 for 4 tickets in Sect 108, under the eave in the Aggie section & found an outfield ticket for $100. The baseball season ticket holder I bought them from was trying to sell them for $1500/ea(You Aggie season ticket holders can ***** amongst yourselves.)

Sunday, Josh Stewart's aunt gave us 2 tickets behind home plate, bought 4 more around the stadium for $200, seats opened up about the 7th. Sat next to folks who have had tickets for 40 years, they have 8 seats they share amongst family.

Monday, had 2 drop in my lap from another Bag, against back wall behind home plate. Spent $50 for 2 more outfield seats & got 1 more from a friend.

Bottom line, if you're patient, you can get seats & not break the bank, IMO. I splurged day 1 b/c I set a limit on what I'd spend.

Great memories, will do it again if we get to finals.
Ronnie '88
An L of an Ag
AG
We were THISCLOSE to booking a hotel and flight up there the second we win our SR.

Lots of other factors in play, but it wouldn't have been the most impulsive vacation we've ever booked.

Thinking were going for sure next year. Finally scratched Astros spring training itch in late February. CWS is my (almost) last baseball bucket list item.
jackrabbit
AG
12thMan9 said:

What is your definition of sticker shock .

Maybe not the best term.
Son and I drove up for the finals…with no tickets.
I knew I could either wait to the last minute or possibly by from someone outside park….but I just didn't want to sweat it. So just relied on Ticketmaster or stubhub…and of course paid too much fees. Since this was a unique experience for us I did not want to just be in the stadium…opted for relatively good seats near Aggie dugout. Paid too much for Game 1 (and sat next to a drunk annoying local). Got a fairly good deal on Game 2 in Row 2 next to a friendly Aggie family. Game 3 was also too much but sat next to a real nice father/son combo of Vol fans. Great experience and memories with my son…just hoping the next trip is planned by me a little better.
missinAggieland
AG
First weekend, we found tickets for about $100 per ticket along 3rd base sideline right above the dugout.

We went home between weekends due to work.

Weekend 2….stood in line for SRO tickets for some Ags driving in; sold those at face value to those who texted me. But for our family of four paid about $300 per ticket for Game 1, then about $120 or so for Game 2. Our seats were in the outfield for Game 1, 3rd base sideline for game 2. We bought off of StubHub. Vivid Seats was ripping people off by tacking on an extra $100 fee!

The market was set by those who hold the tickets - mostly locals, Nebraska fans. That in combination of people panicking about finding tickets. Many locals said it was the highest they had ever seen the tickets go for since they had tickets.

Hotels are a totally different ballgame. For the championship series we stayed in Lincoln. It wasn't a bad drive and saved $$. We looked around and did a last minute - day or two before - reservation.

Otherwise, stadium food and drinks are cheaper than Blue Bell, and anything I've seen in Nashville, which our prices at stadiums are so high.

I promise I'm not griping. I wouldn't trade that experience for the world. I asked for this in January when we were discussing "gifts" for our anniversary. I said my only request was to go to the CWS.

My UT friends and neighbors have asked how much we spent and are jealous we went. They couldn't believe we went back for the second weekend. I told them not to ask about the $$, and that it was the best experience. The two fan bases were a blast! Rocco's was packed and lots of both fan bases interacting.

Just start saving and planning now. I'd stay in a tent by the river to go again next year.
trouble
AG
And it was all worth it to meet me
missinAggieland
AG
trouble said:

Best part of the weekend!
halfastros81
AG
We had a great time there this year. I am thinking why not do what the locals do? Buy "season " tix to the CWS and sell the tix that you don't want to use. Several told me they make their season ticket investment back by selling tix to 2 or 3 games

I think the answer to the expensive hotels is take a travel trailer. We stayed at a hotel 15 miles west and cut our hotel cost in half vs staying downtown but it was still expensive over 11 days

trouble
AG
missinAggieland said:

trouble said:

The boys still tell people that Mommy's friend let them stand right in front to see the players!
twk
AG
I spent as much money on Omaha as I would on a European vacation...and I drove.

I spent more than I should have on tickets, largely because I was buying for four and didn't feel as comfortable rolling the dice if I was just buying for me. Next time, I'm going to wait it out longer, but I think even the people who waited it out paid more for tickets this year than is typically the case. A&M and UT brought a ton of fans, and the weather was pretty decent (which kept some locals from selling).

But, tickets were just a fraction of the cost. The real cost was hotels. If you want to stay within walking distance of the park, you are going to pay. They have these travel ball baseball tournament going on at the same time as the CWS, and the hotels are packed with these kids even without CWS fans. I enjoyed staying close, and being able to walk to the park and restaurants, but, next time, I may try staying in Lincoln and commuting. If you are only going to the A&M games, you have a lot of down time, so spending a little time driving is not that detrimental, and there is plenty of parking close to the park.

I might also look in to a rental property, but that would require putting together a group, and its hard to find folks who are going to go to the whole thing. I'm fortunate that I could so some work while I was up there to help defray the cost, but that might not be as easy if I'm staying with a group.
trouble
AG
Staying technically in Iowa (close to the airport) saved us a bunch on hotel costs. It was a super short drive back and forth.
twk
AG
trouble said:

Staying technically in Iowa (close to the airport) saved us a bunch on hotel costs. It was a super short drive back and forth.
Did you walk from there to the park? Certainly looked possible, but a bit on the long side.
trouble
AG
We drove but it was easy to park right across from the park and next to the convention center every day. Without the boys, we might have walked.

We were getting there early to watch the team walk in and play in the fan experience anyway so we were able to park dang near at the pedestrian exit at the light. And we stayed late to chat with people, watch the team leave etc so it wasn't a huge hassle getting out.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
We had a blast, and I'll probably try to buy tickets early when they go on sale, and get more than we need, then put them up for resale in the SR, and try to make some $ back if Ag's don't go or to make a bit back if Ag's do go buy just selling extras.

Need the Ag's to make it again so we can meet up with everyone this year instead of just missing ya.
missinAggieland
AG
trouble said:

missinAggieland said:

trouble said:

The boys still tell people that Mommy's friend let them stand right in front to see the players!

This genuinely warms my heart! It's about the kids! They are our next generation of Aggies!
203Raggie
AG
My wife and I went very impulsively. We left a day after they beat Florida to advance to the finals. I'm back in school so we had to do this trip cheap. And going for the finals isn't cheap.

With that being said, we stayed in Lincoln for about $115 a night. Bout a 45 minute drive. Parked downtown for relatively cheap. Can't remember how much. Like $15. Got SRO tickets at face value.

We had a blast. We're going back next year. The bars around the stadium are awesome. We brought our dog and found Omaha to be a very walkable city with a nice park in the middle of downtown. So much stuff to do around town.

If you're on the fence, do it. We drove up on Thursday through the night, got there Friday morning, left Sunday. 12 hours really wasn't bad. So so so worth every single penny we spent.

Next time, we're gonna try to stay downtown. It just feels worth it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.