How about Michael Earley?!

3,993 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by trouble
The Marksman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's hard to describe the job he's done, and he hasn't even coached a game(as HC) yet. The guy came in, retained almost the entire 24 roster and added stud after stud in the transfer portal. Coach Earley is the man. Can't wait for fall ball!
e=mc2
AG
About the best start of any coach in any sport in school history. Prager's return is even more icing on this delicious cake.
TulaneAg
Agreed on retaining current players and transfer portal commits.... But I don't know high school recruiting well enough to understand if that's going well. I see a bunch of flips to Texas and one to LSU on other college baseball forums.

Any one in the know care to comment whether that piece has gone better or worse than expected?
The Marksman
AG
TulaneAg said:

Agreed on retaining current players and transfer portal commits.... But I don't know high school recruiting well enough to understand if that's going well. I see a bunch of flips to Texas and one to LSU on other college baseball forums.

Any one in the know care to comment whether that piece has gone better or worse than expected?
Earley got Farr and TK2 to campus. High school recruiting will be fine.
trouble
AG
He promised CDC he could bring the entire coaching staff plus at least 5 current players. He failed on both accounts.

HS recruits still got time to change their minds.
DallasAg10
AG
TulaneAg said:

Seems to have gone normal for any season end and coaching change. Players will flip in and out depending on if they think they'll fit in that coaches team or to follow a coach they particularly want to play for. Time will tell on the high school side, but may take a year or two for that to be truly apparent. Texas A&M is going to draw a lot of looks from high schoolers based on our recent success.
Shoefly!
AG
DallasAg10 said:

TulaneAg said:

Seems to have gone normal for any season end and coaching change. Players will flip in and out depending on if they think they'll fit in that coaches team or to follow a coach they particularly want to play for. Time will tell on the high school side, but may take a year or two for that to be truly apparent. Texas A&M is going to draw a lot of looks from high schoolers based on our recent success.

Just keep winning and that will take care of itself, kids want to play for top programs.
jkag89
Based upon what POS did at A&M, especially how well he handled the SEC part of the schedule each season, he'll do just fine in Austin (which might not be good enough for entitled sippie fans, I got a feeling he isn't going to last his full contract) but he certainly did not bring over to Austin what many thought he would.

I don't blame Cain, Weiner and even initially Earley following POS to Austin. You don't pass on a high paying SEC assistant coaching job when it is offered to you when your future is uncertain if you don't take the gig.
TAMU1990
AG
Cain & Weiner knew what was happening. I can't forgive them. I bet they were recruiting before they left. Not out in the open but cryptic behind the scenes.
Randy Rhodes
trouble said:

He promised CDC he could bring the entire coaching staff plus at least 5 current players. He failed on both accounts.

How long till the HS players can't change their minds?
trouble
AG
Up until they enroll and show up on campus.
ensign_beedrill
AG
trouble said:

Is that rumor or has it been reliably reported somewhere? (The promising of 5 current players.) Hilarious if true.
NyAggie
AG
trouble said:

then they can just enter the portal.
trouble
AG
I haven't seen it reported. I heard it from a not happy sip booster.
Randy Rhodes
trouble said:

I would think everyone who was gonna go has gone, but if not Earley can change some minds too
trouble
AG
I think that's likely but that's not what you asked me.
L8HIT
AG
I've noticed a lot of the players refer to the coaches by their first name, is this the norm for college kids? I mention this because Prager is doing it on the TexAgs show.
The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb.
trouble
AG
I feel like it's more common in baseball.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.