Signees?

4,198 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by MSFC Aggie
1991sir
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Other than Ali, who has signed?
Sean98
AG
That's all we know about so far. Ackar does a really good job of updating the OP in the MLB draft thread. It's not always 100% current, but he's stays on top of it within 24 hours generally.
college of AG
AG
I believe Cortez signed an underslot deal
cdowl38
AG
I think August 1 is the deadline to sign draft picks.
Agryan00
Cortez was well below slot at $1.6M vs the $2.07M and was Appel $122K vs $375. Tanner Jones was at slot at $379K.

Ashenbeck and Prager are yet to sign.

MLB Draft Tracker | MLB.com
DallasAg10
AG
Agryan00 said:

I'm still holding out hope he gets an waiver to play another year of college ball. Fingers crossed.
HoustonAg2106
AG
DallasAg10 said:

Agryan00 said:

I'm still holding out hope he gets an waiver to play another year of college ball. Fingers crossed.

He has to make a decision by August 1st I believe so we will find out soon
Sean98
AG
Edit: meant to put this in the mlb thread. Oops. Oh wow... poor UVa

Agryan00
Sean98 said:

Edit: meant to put this in the mlb thread. Oops. Oh wow... poor UVa

Something tells me this kid was not an 11th round talent. Took a flyer and reached a deal. This not good for Prager as LAA will likely not have the slot money to give him. Still doubt he returns but what was possibly $1MM looking more like $500-700K.
Sean98
AG
He definitely was a top 1-2 round talent that scared people away with his demands and UVa commitment.

But at the end of the day when you lay that kind of money on the table... hard to say no. I whined pretty hard yesterday because I had to turn down a contract for my business that was about 1/25th that amount. And I'm pushing 50, not 18.
sharpdressedman
Agryan00 said:

Cortez was well below slot at $1.6M vs the $2.07M and was Appel $122K vs $375. Tanner Jones was at slot at $379K.

Surprised and disappointed with Appel's amount. It's not much, at all, but it does get him to the next level. Best wishes for his success.
trouble
AG
He also has a business degree from Penn. I think he just wants to play until he can't.
AgLA06
AG
sharpdressedman said:

Agryan00 said:

Surprised and disappointed with Appel's amount. It's not much, at all, but it does get him to the next level. Best wishes for his success.
A smart guy like him sees it as 4 years of salary to augment his minor league pay and give professional baseball a shot.
MSFC Aggie
AG
1991sir said:

Other than Ali, who has signed?
Not Prager!!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.