Max Wiener Lovefest

8,361 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by ensign_beedrill
PtarmiganAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It is interesting how much play Max got throughout the post season. Since we now know that Schloss was leaving well before, it sure served as a great way to promote the new UT pitching coach in waiting. I recall hearing Schloss credit him over and over again without giving any credit to the coach that developed them all. I for one believed we had the greatest thing since sliced bread. If you think about it, who couldn't be good with a staff of Prager, Sdao, Lamkin, Stewart, Cortez, and the closer. Will be interesting to see if he is the same pitch whisperer with UT's staff.
bigfoot10s
AG
Great thing about it is that tu loves wiener
StinkyPinky
AG
bigfoot10s said:

They like fake weiners. Hey, perfect fit then!
LB12Diamond
AG
Sips reading this are thinking.

"Why not both?"
StinkyPinky
AG
LB12Diamond said:

Sips reading this are thinking.

"Why not both?"
LMAO!
VegasAg86
AG
PtarmiganAg said:

It is interesting how much play Max got throughout the post season. Since we now know that Schloss was leaving well before, it sure served as a great way to promote the new UT pitching coach in waiting. I recall hearing Schloss credit him over and over again without giving any credit to the coach that developed them all. I for one believed we had the greatest thing since sliced bread. If you think about it, who couldn't be good with a staff of Prager, Sdao, Lampkin, Stewart, Cortez, and the closer. Will be interesting to see if he is the same pitch whisperer with UT's staff.

Nate Yeskie.
Wabs
AG
The perfect guest of honor at the next cocks not glocks parade.
DallasAg 94
If I'm a P and I think a coach will make the difference for my future, I'm guessing I'd follow him.

I love A&M as much as the next RedAss Ag, but if I have a chance to be a 1st Rounder and have a MLB career...I"m in.

Nobody went. They were willing to take the unknown behind Door #2.

It is why I think Max won't be with the Sips in the Fall.
LOYAL AG
AG
This staff was bad in 2023 so let's give some credit to Weiner for turning that around. Having said that we've been told he is 100% analytics with no discernible knowledge of the mechanics of pitching and that feels dangerous. There's a reason nobody followed.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
COYOTE1213
I'm wishing the six remaining portal guys withdraw from portal and every baseball loving Aggie could learn to spell Lamkin.
trouble
AG
COYOTE1213 said:

I'm wishing the six remaining portal guys withdraw from portal and every baseball loving Aggie could learn to spell Lamkin.

And Earley
92_Ag
AG
PtarmiganAg
AG
Fixed it!
W
AG
random comment...

I recall Schloss heaping tons of praise on Lebarron Johnson after the regional game

and now looking back...oh, he wanted / wants him to stay at t.u. for another year and be the 2025 Friday night starter

but he is draft eligible
IslanderAg04
bigfoot10s said:

They love Maximum Wiener.
KT 90
AG
LOYAL AG said:

This staff was bad in 2023 so let's give some credit to Weiner for turning that around. Having said that we've been told he is 100% analytics with no discernible knowledge of the mechanics of pitching and that feels dangerous. There's a reason nobody followed.

Yes, Weiner definitely helped improve the pitching staff. Now how much was Weiner and how much was that we had a good pool of returning pitchers? Time will tell eventually. But he deserves some credit for sure.
KT 90
AG
W said:

random comment...

I recall Schloss heaping tons of praise on Lebarron Johnson after the regional game

and now looking back...oh, he wanted / wants him to stay at t.u. for another year and be the 2025 Friday night starter

but he is draft eligible

Well he did kinda pitch his a$$ off against us.

Hopefully he leaves via the draft. They did get that LSU pitcher that throw 99ish, but has little control ( don't recall his name). That'll be Weiners next project.
Vinny
So is Texas holding our Weiner? It's a legitimate question.
Muy
AG
tu coveted our Weiner
Serious Lee
i give him credit for getting cortez to throw strikes. nothing else on the developmental side impressed me. tanner jones was a guy taht was highly coveted in the transfer portal, and weiner couldnt get him to do anything other than throw batting practice.

his pitch sequencing isn't anything that cant be replicated by anybody else either.

i really hope we have a staffer that copied his analytics program.
OKCAGS
Everything he said after Georgia was calculated bull Sh$&?.
TX_Aggie37
AG
LOYAL AG said:

For the record, at this level and beyond, coaches don't teach mechanics besides tweaks if they see something. It is expected that a pitcher know how to throw a baseball. Weiner's track record speaks for itself.
ensign_beedrill
AG
trouble said:

COYOTE1213 said:

And Earley
It won't happen.

I remember early last year when Lamkin was taking the mound, his name was plastered up on the big screen: "Justin Lampkin." Yes. Even our own graphics guys got it wrong.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.