Earley announced

20,456 Views | 105 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by agcrock2005
mjarr514
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Go ask Tennessee fans how it worked out giving a former Schloss assistant his first HC job.

Love this hire !
Vinny
AggieBB said:

Earley's gonna win a national championship in his first year as head coach. Meanwhile.dick bag and the cows Don't even make it into a regional
Can you imagine the Aggie elation and the simultaneous horn meltdown if that happened? It's good to dream.
WestGalvestonAggie
I want to be excited, but man I just can't do it. Not after the way this all went down. Everything about the previous staff just makes my stomach turn. The players seem happy though.
"I always thought Roy Acuff was probably an *******. I’m a Hank Williams fan."

-Steve Earle
The Marksman
AG
WestGalvestonAggie said:

I want to be excited, but man I just can't do it. Not after the way this all went down. Everything about the previous staff just makes my stomach turn. The players seem happy though.
Earley didn't know. That's been established. You really think Trev would really hire someone who backstabbed us?
Jevertson
AG
I don't blame the assistant coaches for tagging along to Austin; otherwise they're one head coach hire that brings his staff away from being unemployed for the next season. They also probably got a substantial raise which certainly matters at that level.

Look at that photo of them in orange with schloss. The only one really smiling is Weiner who I've yet to see not smiling. None of them felt right about it imo
OrangeAlert
The parallels between Earley and Vitello are noteworthy. I believe the Ags will be very pleased with the results of this move.
Tex117
AG
Jevertson said:

I don't blame the assistant coaches for tagging along to Austin; otherwise they're one head coach hire that brings his staff away from being unemployed for the next season. They also probably got a substantial raise which certainly matters at that level.

This is my take as well.
W
AG
I like the hire

pitching is obviously very important...

but in the SEC -- at least during the regular season -- teams have to mash

and hit their way to a top 8 seed

like the Ags did under Earley in 2022 & 2024
8e8Ag
AG
By bringing back Earley.

We hold onto a good bit of the goodwill shown to us by the media (thanks R Zane), for how this went down without the perception that we just did what got done to us to another school.

We weaken the staff of the new tu coach and make his job more difficult.

We keep our team intact, excited and bought in when we were up against the wall with a short season due to portal timelines, lack of staff and uncertainty.

Positives appear to outweigh negatives by a large amount. Hope that translates to a healthy program with wins.

rather be fishing
AG
FWIW, I heard from a UVA connection we offered their coach $3M and he turned it down.
nothingbutlove
I don't love or hate the move, if Earley is the choice. It could go either way.

If our current players stay at A&M because of Earley, we have a great opportunity going forward to keep building the program.

Schloss' machinations are hampered if that happens.

A&M is in a heckava spot. None of the big name coaches wanted to come here.

This could work out. Only time will tell.
AgSnacks16
AG
We swung really big at great coaches that are already in great spots. Being turned down by them is not really about the quality of the Aggie program
toddroper
AgSnacks16 said:

We swung really big at great coaches that are already in great spots. Being turned down by them is not really about the quality of the Aggie program
The timing aspect is the biggest part of it in my opinion.
AggieBB
AG
Vinny said:

AggieBB said:

Earley's gonna win a national championship in his first year as head coach. Meanwhile.dick bag and the cows Don't even make it into a regional
Can you imagine the Aggie elation and the simultaneous horn meltdown if that happened? It's good to dream.
It's going to happen. WRITE THAT!
nothingbutlove
AgSnacks16 said:

I never said it was.

MyakkaGator
Got out of church and just saw the announcement.

Congratulations to Coach Earley as well as all of you for hiring, what I believe, is going to be a very solid Head Coach!!!! Looks like an even bigger win that the roster is going to remain intact (going to be interesting to me to see what Kent does now with Coach Earley back in the fold.)
Obviously, it's going to be paramount who Coach Earley is going to fill out his coaching staff with.

As far as Florida goes, Sully and company have been making some really solid moves in the portal and is still not done in that respect..... So on our end, you can rest assure that when we meet Texas on the diamond, we'll try our best to do our part to sweep them and put a little smile on your faces!!

horns down, Ladies and gentlemen!!

Again, congratulations.
Martin Cash
AG
Jevertson said:

Look at that photo of them in orange with schloss. The only one really smiling is Weiner who I've yet to see not smiling. None of them felt right about it imo

Earley's gear is already back on the Walmart clearance rack.
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. Ecclesiastes 10:2
zephyr88
AG
Best news of the day!!!

catfan
Will Early make over $1 million? With the departures after a national title series, it seems like a net cost savings for the department. Alberts is happy especially that fans are happy.
Divining Rod
Lance Uppercut said:

Million said:

Not a proven head coach. Why is everyone excited about this hire?
Because a lot of our players inferred Earley was the one actually coaching them over the past few years.

that would be "implied", but who am I to correct YOU!
jmfshr
AG
Did you watch many games? Earley was the one who would be interacting with the players while Schloss would be perched on the top step of the dugout with his mouth stuffed full of banana or peanut butter.
Kozmozag
The dude wearing the tsip gear a couple of days ago?
TexasStone
walton91
One more wild domino

FriscoKid
AG
CDC's move has completely backfired now. TAMU is stronger and the sips actually paid a 3M payout to weaken their position. They look like the dirtbags that they are, lost recruits, didn't get any from TAMU, and HS kids got to see what their new coach is really like. Welcome to the SEC *****es.
TexasAggie81
Caleb Longley, who worked under David Pierce for three seasons at tu, will reportedly be joining Michael Earley as an assistant at Texas A&M … Longhorn Country. Longley is apparently a great recruiter.

Longley worked closely with outfielders in his three years at tu and stepped up massively in the 2024 season with a promotion to recruiting coordinator. As a result, tu brought in five top-100 recruits in 2024 and had the third-best class in the nation, trailing just Tennessee and LSU, according to Perfect Game. tu currently sits at the No. 2 class in 2025, as well.
rondis23
AG
FriscoKid said:

CDC's move has completely backfired now. TAMU is stronger and the sips actually paid a 3M payout to weaken their position. They look like the dirtbags that they are, lost recruits, didn't get any from TAMU, and HS kids got to see what their new coach is really like. Welcome to the SEC *****es.

BOOM!
MaroonStain
AG
FriscoKid said:

CDC's move has completely backfired now. TAMU is stronger and the sips actually paid a 3M payout to weaken their position. They look like the dirtbags that they are, lost recruits, didn't get any from TAMU, and HS kids got to see what their new coach programs and school is really like. Welcome to the SEC *****es.
Sean98
AG
Momma B-Mont is all in it seems.
Sean98
AG
And whatcha know, apparently Earley DOES know how to change his Twitter bio, unlike what was rumored a couple of days ago.

...or maybe he has people for that now.

Noctilucent
AG
Sean98 said:

And whatcha know, apparently Earley DOES know how to change his Twitter bio, unlike what was rumored a couple of days ago.

...or maybe he has people for that now.

Nice looking family. I hope they stay long and prosper.
BadAggie
AG
FriscoKid said:

Yep, and Aggies are more invested than ever in the baseball team. Will not be any lack of support for the program.

kyledr04
AG
This was a very good strategic move. Another coach would have probably lost most of the team and taken a couple rough years to rebuild. Who knows where we'd be in year 3. With Earley, if we're in bad shape in 2-3 years, we're really no different than we would have been anyway and can hire someone else on a normal time table. But the potential upside because he can keep most of the team intact and be competitive next year is huge.
agcrock2005
AG
WTF is the domino! Please Lord let it be a big one that hurts the bad gays in orange!

Sean98
AG
So Freudian

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.