What's Schloss saying to Earley?

10,452 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by 8e8Ag
SQ83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You have to assume Schloss would want to get out in front of Earley possibly leaving the sips to come back to us.

If Earley is anything less than 100% "on board" in discussions with Schloss, wouldn't we be hearing that Schloss cut him loose?

I just can't picture Schloss saying, "No worries, Mike. Take your time and let me know if you'll be headed back to CStat. If it doesn't work out, your job is safe with me. In the meantime, here's what we have cooking on the 40 acres …"
Rough! Tough! Real stuff!
HoboJones
AG
How would any of us know this information?
Steph 92
AG
SQ83 said:

You have to assume Schloss would want to get out in front of Earley possibly leaving the sips to come back to us.

If Earley is anything less than 100% "on board" in discussions with Schloss, wouldn't we be hearing that Schloss cut him loose?

I just can't picture Schloss saying, "No worries, Mike. Take your time and let me know if you'll be headed back to CStat. If it doesn't work out, your job is safe with me. In the meantime, here's what we have cooking on the 40 acres …"

"Can we entice you to stay with access to the football team's sex monkey?"
trouble
AG
I wouldn't expect that they are chatty right about now
swimmerbabe11
HoboJones said:

you haven't bugged their homes, cars, cemeteries, and offices yet?

2%er.
Spaceball 1
AG
I'm down on Schloss for how he left, but I did believe him when he talked about appreciating his time here.

Earley has a young family, and has talked before about not wanting to move them around. And so I'm sure Schloss wants to keep him but I'd also bet money Earley is interviewing here with his blessing.
Muy
AG
trouble said:

If we are going after Earley, surely he would see his future career better than Schloss will try and paint it if he leaves.
alamogeorge
AG
You'll know when Schloss knows because he'll be the one to leak it before we can.
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Aggieland!" -Davy Crockett
The Banned
Spaceball 1 said:

I'm down on Schloss for how he left, but I did believe him when he talked about appreciating his time here.

Earley has a young family, and has talked before about not wanting to move them around. And so I'm sure Schloss wants to keep him but I'd also bet money Earley is interviewing here with his blessing.

Appreciated it so much he was working on a way to leave with over a month left to go in the season.
dBoy99
AG
alamogeorge said:

You'll know when Schloss knows because he'll be the one to leak it before we can.

If Earley tells the texas coach before the press conference announcing his hire I will be very disappointed in Coach Earley.

I am part of the problem and you're the victim...
tjack16
AG
"A&M and the 12th man is a special place. So special I might cry. Good luck Michael and you're so lucky to be considered by such a special place… must stop talking about it now because I'll cry" - Schloss probably
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
That's a selfish question.
OlWhatsHisNuts
What' if Mike already knows he's not coming , but Jim told him to tell A&M that he's not sure yet just to troll us. I know I'm probably wrong , but that's just my BAS kicking in. Nvm. As you were.
TxAg76
AG
"Do you and your wife enjoy pineapple?"
Texag 77
AG
In typical longhorn manner Sch-loser is telling Earley "stay in Austin…..I'll take care of you".
cmosser14
AG
I imagine Lossnagle is saying something along the lines of: *snake hissing*
LB12Diamond
AG
Goodbye on Monday.
TAMU1990
AG
OlWhatsHisNuts said:

What' if Mike already knows he's not coming , but Jim told him to tell A&M that he's not sure yet just to troll us. I know I'm probably wrong , but that's just my BAS kicking in. Nvm. As you were.
He's coming - the question is in what capacity
AtticusMatlock
Just out of curiosity does anyone know what his pay was here? The last time I bothered to look at assistant coaches in baseball their salaries were maybe upper middle class, if that. If he's got a young family, it was probably important to him to go ahead and accept that position at sip not knowing what would happen at A&M. It's not far and it is a job.

That beats a job search and a position somewhere else requiring moving his family halfway across the country.
BoerneGator
AG
Reportedly $150-75 k
austinag1997
AG
trouble said:

I don't know if he is in Austin at this point.
GigEmNurse
It's still EXTREMELY telling to me that Earley never changed his X profile. The other three almost immediately changed to "tsip coach" blah blah blah - burnt orange blah blah blah. Earley's profil still has him and his family in A&M gear and still says A&M coach. Maroon looks better on everyone!!!
HonoraryTexan
AG
Earley is going to say to Schloss "How DARE you question my allegiance? It's an afront to the very fabric of who I am as a man, as a leader, and as a coach. You are SCUM for even thinking for a MOMENT that I would go anywhere and you should be embarrassed to call yourself a friend of mine for such a blatant slander of my character. How dare you, good sir?"

And within 24 hours, he's going to put a lantern in the shed, kick it over and run out screaming "ITLL BE A HOT NIGHT IN AUSTIN TONIGHT!" And he'll be back in C-Stat by morning.

That's my prediction based on the best available data.
Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
HoboJones said:

Most of us didn't even know the Sip **** was a Sip **** up until a week ago.
OilAg01
AG
I bet Schloss is a lot more professional about it than you'd expect. This isn't a Yeskie situation where he would be moving for the same job at a competitor. Schloss has probably told him to take it, if he gets it. Massive pay raise, massive opportunity and doesn't have to move his family. I guarantee Schloss gets that.
SHSU-AG
OilAg01 said:

I bet Schloss is a lot more professional about it than you'd expect. This isn't a Yeskie situation where he would be moving for the same job at a competitor. Schloss has probably told him to take it, if he gets it. Massive pay raise, massive opportunity and doesn't have to move his family. I guarantee Schloss gets that.

I don't get this take at all. He might act and say that to try and continue to rebuild his reputation, but after the attempted "coup" , he'd be pissed that he didn't pull it off and lost the one assistant that could keep the team together.
Hustle, hit, never quit!
Mookie
AG
Equally telling will be if he loses Earley, who can he land to replace him? May give an indication about HOW tarnished his rep is after this when he has to get a top tier coach that isn't in a hostage situation.
Wabs
AG
OilAg01 said:

BigSneezy
SQ83 said:

Schloss is focused on the dugout dancers.
1991sir
Schloss: " don't you know anything about LOYALTY!"
GigEmNurse
OilAg01 said:

Schloss is in character/reputation damage control mode - as is the tu athletic department. This entire thing will inevitably hurt them in recruiting because parents will not want their kids going to go play for people who have no integrity and no commitment to the players.
1991sir
Kinda hard to fire someone who isn't under contract yet..
Jevertson
AG
He'd tell him to take it for 2 reasons: 1) it further adds to his coaching tree (see Vitiello) which strokes the ego and 2) it would look really bad when hiring future assistants if he tried holding him back.

Big picture he'll be fine with or without Earley it just may result in a change of plans.
LincolnBorglum79
AG
Coach Earley still has Texas A&M background info and pictures on all of his social media unlike the other 3. He interviewed from the Texas Aggie head coach job on Friday. All of the keys players in the Portal want him back and they will stay. Things will be finalized shortly, maybe even today.
OilAg01
AG
Coaches understand pay raises and opportunities.

At the end of the day, Head Baseball Coach (or even AHC) at Texas A&M is >>>>>>> Hitting Coach at any University or MLB team. Both in terms of pay and prestige/career advancement.

Schloss and every other baseball coach on the planet knows this. So while he might be upset, what is he going to say other than "Congrats, good luck and I'd take it too if I were you". Schloss knows that kind of opportunity doesn't come often. If anything, he's calculated and analytical. There might be 10 equivalent College Baseball HC jobs . So after about 5 minutes of stewing on it, he'll calm down and say what every other coach in America would say. He's highly emotional, he lies, etc...but even with all that he knows this would be awesome for Michael. If Michael were staying at Hitting Coach...different story.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.