Happy Trails....

16,696 Views | 86 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by TAMU1990
twk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
While I didn't like every change under the former regime, having someone take a critical look at what we are doing was a good thing. Prior to the change, our fans were too apt to sit on their hands, and that changed for the better. Some things would be good coming back, but not everything.

On the team doing the War Hymn, that was a Rob Childress thing. Never happened before his tenure. I think the point about the team being focused on the game was a valid one; it's the very same argument RC made about the football team singing the Spirit right before kickoff. Doing it as the team takes the field also gets it on the telecast more than doing it 10 minutes before first pitch.

I like the addition of the Spirit.

I hope that the PA is given a bit of a freer hand to bring back some old stuff, but I don't think Aggie baseball needs to be frozen in amber. A little evolution is good.
Anonymous Source
S
TexAg1987 said:

Sweet Caroline

Gig 'Em
DallasAg10
AG
Howdy Dammit said:

ensign_beedrill said:

BRING BACK HIGH SOCKS!

This!
x2
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Risky thread to open up at work.
DallasAg 94
TexAg1987 said:

Sweet Caroline

God no
jkag89
WolfCall said:

ftworthag02 said:

Can we bring back Happy Trails now? M F'er!

What else do we need to bring back?
And bring back swinging at the first pitch, especially when it is a strike!
A gross misrepresentation of the approach, likely not going to change since Earley was the hitting coach under POS.
Jock 07
AG
It's been years since I've been able to make a game, sorry to hear many of the traditions are gone it sounds. Do they still do the blues brothers video around the 7th iirc?
AgInMO
AG
And play John Anderons Swinging whenever s-loss walks out for pitcher visit when playing tu
trouble
AG
Rick retired. We have Mike now.

PA isn't in control of the music anymore. The current gal running it is named Ashley.
Buford T. Justice
AG
It never was his, but the athletic directors laid down and let him get away with it. It never should have happened.

Learn from it, and never let it happen again.
Buford T. Justice
AG
Did we actually have an approach, because we chased like crazy during the CWS.
CockCo22
AG
Dang thanks for the info.

Who runs the music? I miss the old Aggie baseball tunes.

I'm c/o 22 but I remember.
annie88
AG
ftworthag02 said:

Yes. I have really missed this.
94chem
jkag89 said:

WolfCall said:

ftworthag02 said:

And bring back swinging at the first pitch, especially when it is a strike!
A gross misrepresentation of the approach, likely not going to change since Earley was the hitting coach under POS.
I would say we took a 3-0.5 approach to the first pitch. Tennessee appeared to take more of a 3-1 approach.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
trouble
AG
The music operator. I'm not sure her exact title but POS took all the music and such from Rick and Mike without so much as giving them a chance to do it any other way.

I don't know if it'll still be Ashley next year or not. Someone needs to be hired to teach her about baseball. Multiple times this year she played things over the crowd doing usual stuff. Like interfering with the ball 5 chant. Now, I know POS dislike that so maybe she was told to play something. IDK.
TexasAGGIEinAR
TexAg1987 said:

Sweet Caroline

God no. The most cringeworthy singalong in the world. Olsen ain't a piano bar.
millertime08
AG
Is the Rally Rooster still around, or is that long gone?
CockCo22
AG
Yaaa that's a bummer. I remember the traitor mentioned he was changing the environment to appeal more to recruits - which makes sense. My question is, did it actually appeal to recruits? I feel like it objectively sucked lol.

It sucks though for the fans. Also there's no point in drowning out the home field advantage IMO. Ball 5 (among other things) is what makes this place great, and what makes Olsen such a tough place to play.
RED AG 98
AG
She did a few other things out of context too, like playing music when our team was the offender (e.g. playing "walk this way" music when our pitchers issued a walk). There are a few more similar things I noticed but can't think of right now. I don't recall these ever happening prior to her but I'm not a fan.
trouble
AG
I can go back and look in text messages to certain people to find all her screw ups from the games I attended but I don't have time for that right now.

She needs some training but that SHOULDN'T fall on the any of the PA guys given how they were treated.
Jock 07
AG
millertime08 said:

Is the Rally Rooster still around, or is that long gone?
I miss the rally rooster but I don't think that's been a thing for damn near 20 years now. I still have my rally rooster shirt though.
ensign_beedrill
AG
BRING BACK FRANKIE VALLI AND THE FOUR SEASONS!
ensign_beedrill
AG
trouble said:

I can go back and look in text messages to certain people to find all her screw ups from the games I attended but I don't have time for that right now.

She needs some training but that SHOULDN'T fall on the any of the PA guys given how they were treated.

Ah yes. The old "we're replacing you and your last job is to train your replacement."

We either give that job back to Mike because he knows how to do it or we get a real baseball person in that role who at least knows the game and when it's appropriate to play things.
trouble
AG
Yeah, I don't think he wants it back.
ensign_beedrill
AG
trouble said:

Double his pay!!
trouble
AG
ensign_beedrill said:

trouble said:

Double his pay!!

I think they oughta do that anyway.
ensign_beedrill
AG
BRING BACK COACHES' WALKOUT SONGS FOR MOUND VISITS!

(BTW, feel free to use this space to suggest walkout songs for Earley and Kelly.)
jsmc71
AG
ensign_beedrill said:

BRING BACK COACHES' WALKOUT SONGS FOR MOUND VISITS!

(BTW, feel free to use this space to suggest walkout songs for Earley and Kelly.)
l'd respectfully recommend the following walkout song for POS when he's at BBP (NSFW)...

Martin Cash
AG
DallasAg10 said:

Howdy Dammit said:

ensign_beedrill said:

BRING BACK HIGH SOCKS!

This!
x2
What are high socks? Are we talking about stirrup socks? If so, I'm for it.
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. Ecclesiastes 10:2
TarponChaser
The socks/length of the pants is a player-driven choice. The current vibe of the "dirty mids" is a revival of the early/mid-90's look.
RED AG 98
AG
Pants length, ranked

1. High socks
<gap>
2. Long pants

<huuuuuge gap>

100. Long pants with no elastic cuff

< huuuuuuuuuuuuuuugggggeeeee gap>

1,000,000. Short pants above the knee

C@LAg
Bring SexyBack

Leonard H. Stringfield
Joe Schillaci 48 said:

Dancin Girls?
Was thinking same. Will IT install that wholesome entertainment over in Austin?
"Roswell, 1947, there was a uap (ufo) that crashed, in fact there were 2 uaps, 1 crashed and one flew away and the other one did not and was recovered by the US GOVERNMENT."
- Lue Elizondo-former director of the Pentagon's Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program-August 20, 2024

Are A&M's core values..optional? Who has the POWER to determine that? Are certain departments exempt? Why?

Farsight Institute, Atlanta, GA

ensign_beedrill
AG
BRING BACK COOL PATTERNS MOWN IN THE OUTFIELD GRASS INSTEAD OF SPRAY PAINTING THE LOGO OUT THERE.
big red dog
Probably look more like the Village People
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.