Richard Zane tribute

4,475 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by AgBQ1994
JakAg93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Huge appreciation for this young man. Without his question and the response, the "Schloss is a Scumbag" narrative doesn't have the same legs today outside College Station. Finebaum, Aaron Torres and others aren't talking about it nationally. Maybe it's a small consolation given the last 24 hours, but his question exposed Schloss and his character for what they are.
ftworthag02
fav13andac1)c
AG
That's a great point. I will never doubt a reporter asking a question in that setting ever again.
Buford T. Justice
AG
A tip of the hat to Mr. Zane.
You knew that a fastball was coming and you stayed in the box.
"Gimme a diablo sandwhich and a dr. pepper...to go"
Big-D
AG
I'm sure the reporter knew the truth, and since Schloss isn't a real man, he tried to point fingers at the reporter and was pissed he was getting called out. What a scumbag. Hope he's stuck with their chappy facilities a long time. Maybe we can help set up one of Austin's famous homeless encampments in his yard.
Sex Panther
AG
"Selfish question"

i.e.

Now everyone will realize what a piece of **** I am
TAMUallen
AG
Zane and the likes need to go hard on ALL Aggie coaches ALL the time. We have to stop this being treated as Gods who will save A&M, be trusted and never be questioned ***** They work for us, quit working for them to make them look good.
dixichkn
AG
I never had a problem with the question in the first place. Again, the smoke has been out there for a couple of weeks. This didn't just pop up yesterday morning. All he had to do to put it to bed was say "no I'm not going anywhere"

That never happened. Now we know why. He's been coaching two teams for a month now I bet.
WaldoWings
thanks for putting that self-centered crybaby on the spot!
Ervin Burrell
AG
Criticizing the guy for doing his job was always stupid in the first place-classic case of Aggies caring about being classy above all else, even to their own detriment.
whytho987654
great guy
dixichkn
AG
Big-D said:

I'm sure the reporter knew the truth, and since Schloss isn't a real man, he tried to point fingers at the reporter and was pissed he was getting called out. What a scumbag. Hope he's stuck with their chappy facilities a long time. Maybe we can help set up one of Austin's famous homeless encampments in his yard.
I'm sure there's one already there. Wherever it is. If it isn't, there'll be one shortly. Sh** town.
Serious Lee
Ervin Burrell said:

Criticizing the guy for doing his job was always stupid in the first place-classic case of Aggies caring about being classy above all else, even to their own detriment.
JakAg93
AG

JakAg93
AG
soleta27
TexAgs please send Zane to the tu presser for their new baseball coach. Plenty of GOOD questions to ask
JakAg93
AG
Trident 88
AG
Tuberville
Schlossnagle

Is it always the coaches with ridiculous last names who end up being dishonorable pieces of crap?
sodycracker
AG
Zane is Zane again. No more big shooter.
The Banned
I'm just glad someone in the media did their damn job. Well done Zane. Schloss deserved to have his feet truly held to fire but you asked him much more kindly than I would have.
JakAg93
AG
rgag12
AG
Reading those made me feel a little better
BadMoonRisin
AG
Ironic he used the word selfish when less than 24 hours later he then took the spotlight away from our kids after a gutting loss in some of their final games and then leaving said kids find out on Twitter.

**** you, Jim.

Look in the mirror, you piece of *****

Believe it or not, there was a right way to have done this with transparency and integrity.

You didn't owe anything to the fans, but you sure as hell owed those damn kids who poured their entire souls into this season for you.
APHIS AG
JakAg93 said:

And why would anyone expect for him to "apologize" when he has no honor or integrity.
BuckshotJ
Seems to me the blame must lie with our AD. Job one is to keep and keep happy coaches who are advancing A&M. And possibly it's even worse than failing to keep him; possibly the AD is even the cause of this, if it's true that the layoffs (of baseball program supporting staff in Athletics) happened without consulting Schloss. I think something besides money is behind this move.

All the above is speculation; I don't have any real knowledge of the details. But I'm gonna be frustrated at somebody if this happens.
JakAg93
AG
JakAg93
AG
AG
Way to go, kid.

You earned a lot of people's respect yesterday. Brass balls.

Remember, just because some guy you're asking questions of is older, wealthier, or in a position of power responds to you by yelling at you or gaslighting you, it doesn't mean you are wrong.

You've been vindicated and I hope you'll stick by your guns for the rest of your career.

Proud of you.
Ghost Mech
I think Schloss was pissed Zane had some balls to stand up to him and he couldn't sneak out the back door without answering any questions.

Anyone have some of these to send to Mr. Zane for his ride?

Girlhowdy
AG
soleta27 said:

TexAgs please send Zane to the tu presser for their new baseball coach. Plenty of GOOD questions to ask
Gig 'Em, Ags
coupland boy
AG
I owe him an apology. Glad that got on record
JakAg93
AG
Reed McDonald 92
AG
I must admit I was 100% wrong. I didn't think Zane was an Ahole for asking the question. I just thought it was in poor taste. But then, I also thought there was no way the coach was leaving.
I can't remember ever being so wrong. And in retrospect, I am glad Zane asked the question, and damn proud of him, too.
Jock 07
AG
JakAg93 said:

Huge appreciation for this young man. Without his question and the response, the "Schloss is a Scumbag" narrative doesn't have the same legs today outside College Station. Finebaum, Aaron Torres and others aren't talking about it nationally. Maybe it's a small consolation given the last 24 hours, but his question exposed Schloss and his character for what they are.

POTY, well done getting this out in the public domain for the baseball world outside of sip to see this **********'s true character.
AgBQ1994
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.