*****Aggies vs. Tennessee - College World Series Finals - Game 3*****

407,597 Views | 4702 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Sea Pony 07
nai06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Also I definitely checked out from posting future ag updates last night because I had put my phone in my pocket right when we started to battle back. Didn't want to risk the jinx
AgLA06
AG
nai06 said:

Also I definitely checked out from posting future ag updates last night because I had put my phone in my pocket right when we started to battle back. Didn't want to risk the jinx
Understandable.
htxag09
AG
tjack16 said:

I think my biggest "hindsight is 20/20" moment is I wish we didn't have to use Aschenbeck game 1 but I know why we did and it was the right move.

He was absolutely gassed last night and that was the difference to me. If he keeps it at 3-1 after the 7th we could have a totally different result.

I mean if they don't claw back in the first game and we save asch he likely comes in for the 7th in game 2….
nai06
AG
This just felt appropriate for some reason
Chrundle the Great
AG
tjack16 said:

I think my biggest "hindsight is 20/20" moment is I wish we didn't have to use Aschenbeck game 1 but I know why we did and it was the right move.

He was absolutely gassed last night and that was the difference to me. If he keeps it at 3-1 after the 7th we could have a totally different result.

I agree, I think this is the consequence of just running out of arms. We needed a lot of things to go right or lucky.
RGLAG85
AG
AgLA06 said:

Aggies1322 said:

RGLAG85 said:

TxAggieBand85 said:

Congrats for an awesome elite season.

I am now a proponent for trackman or other to override substantially missed calls outside or in the zone. Still want to keep home plate ump, but blue tonight contributed to swinging at balls later in game, in my opinion.
I'm not for going full trackman, but I am for the version they use in the minors or at least AAA. There, each team has a number of challenges to a pitch call and can ask for a trackman review. They are only a few seconds and I think they make the umpire more conscious of their strike zone knowing they can be overturned. If the challenge is correct, you keep that challenge, if the challenge is incorrect, you lose that challenge. I think each team is given 3 to start the game.

This 100% the answer imo.. hold them accountable in big moments. Jace was the run that would've tied the game and he earned a walk in that AB.
Even in MLB 3 challenges wouldn't be enough based on average umpire grades. If the point is to get the game called fairly and correctly, that isn't doing it.

Just go all the way to robot umpire for balls and strikes and keep them on the field for all the judgement calls.
You'll find the strike zone becomes a lot more accurate from the umps, their egos don't want to be overturned, and you can challenge all game as long as your correct in your challenge. Believe me, the dugout knows if it's a strike or not and they won't waste a challenge on a borderline pitch. The batter is the one who challenges but they get signaled from the dugout.
htxag09
AG
RGLAG85 said:

AgLA06 said:

Aggies1322 said:

RGLAG85 said:

TxAggieBand85 said:

I am now a proponent for trackman or other to override substantially missed calls outside or in the zone. Still want to keep home plate ump, but blue tonight contributed to swinging at balls later in game, in my opinion.
I'm not for going full trackman, but I am for the version they use in the minors or at least AAA. There, each team has a number of challenges to a pitch call and can ask for a trackman review. They are only a few seconds and I think they make the umpire more conscious of their strike zone knowing they can be overturned. If the challenge is correct, you keep that challenge, if the challenge is incorrect, you lose that challenge. I think each team is given 3 to start the game.

This 100% the answer imo.. hold them accountable in big moments. Jace was the run that would've tied the game and he earned a walk in that AB.
Even in MLB 3 challenges wouldn't be enough based on average umpire grades. If the point is to get the game called fairly and correctly, that isn't doing it.

Just go all the way to robot umpire for balls and strikes and keep them on the field for all the judgement calls.
You'll find the strike zone becomes a lot more accurate from the umps, their egos don't want to be overturned, and you can challenge all game as long as your correct in your challenge. Believe me, the dugout knows if it's a strike or not and they won't waste a challenge on a borderline pitch. The batter is the one who challenges but they get signaled from the dugout.

I'll preface this to say I'm all for roboumps or at least some kind of challenge system.

But I disagree with the bolded. I'd wager it's pretty close to 50/50 when you see players or coaches arguing on who was right. I mean look at Vitello in game 2.

Now that doesn't mean they'll challenge those. I do believe they will more often than not understand the situation and challenging a bad call on a 1-1 count with nobody on in the 3rd inning and 1 out probably isn't worth it, for example.
AgLA06
AG
htxag09 said:

RGLAG85 said:

AgLA06 said:

Aggies1322 said:

RGLAG85 said:

TxAggieBand85 said:

I'll preface this to say I'm all for roboumps or at least some kind of challenge system.

But I disagree with the bolded. I'd wager it's pretty close to 50/50 when you see players or coaches arguing on who was right. I mean look at Vitello in game 2.

Now that doesn't mean they'll challenge those. I do believe they will more often than not understand the situation and challenging a bad call on a 1-1 count with nobody on in the 3rd inning and 1 out probably isn't worth it, for example.
Yep. You're still creating a situation of still being frustration and game delays by half assing it instead of just rectifying the issue and being done.
BadMoonRisin
AG
emotional interview for Ryan

trouble
AG
Not ready to watch this yet.
BadMoonRisin
AG
im really going to miss that kid. What good young man he is.
Sea Pony 07
Sea Pony 07
AG
Supposed to be a <3
First Page Refresh
Page 135 of 135

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.