ESPN talking like the Vols have already won Game 2

9,049 Views | 70 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by Sgt. Schultz
AlwaysNextYear89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FriscoKid said:

birdman said:

A&M burned our best reliever when it seemed unlikely. That is a big deal.

But mostly, they are pumping up the game to get eyeballs.

Tennessee used a bunch of arms today as well.

I don't understand this talking point. I wish we could have saved Ash, but Tennessee was throwing everyone out there too. Why is Tennessee in a much better position right now???
Pretty sure they have their Friday Night guy going tomorrow, and at best, we have Lamkin on short rest for maybe 3, then Cortez?

And the comment about it being warm is the tendency for the ball to be flying out of the yard easier...and that is what they thrive on.
tandy miller
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

Somewhere in that stadium are dozens of Texas A&M 2024 CWS Championship shirts and hats…….will they be worn in Omaha or in Africa……..only time will tell.
FJB
AgLA06
AG
They have their ace with a sub 2 era and we have pitching by committee.

It's not questionable they have the better pitching advantage on paper tomorrow. Doesn't mean we can't win. Doesn't mean analysts don't understand they have the advantage tomorrow.
jja79
AG
Tergdor said:

jja79 said:

I see you didn't grow up in Fort Stockton.
Had family there. Still wish it was a dry heat.

It's dry there. Hometown. Probably know your family.
Al Bula
AG
Literally no one wants the Aggies to win. F everybody. We've got two chances to win one. Let's do it.
BartInLA
Remind me. What did Chicken Little say?
Mark Stoops
Al Bula said:

Literally no one wants the Aggies to win. F everybody. We've got two chances to win one. Let's do it.

Please stop this pathetic nonsense
alamogeorge
AG
"Oh my God! I hate the announcers and they hate us!"

"I hate what so and so is wearing!"

"I hate the Bevel!"

"What's tu doing?!"

I just summed up TexAgs for the newcomers so now they don't have to waste time reading any more posts.
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Aggieland!" -Davy Crockett
Tobias Funke
AG
Mark Stoops said:

Al Bula said:

Please stop this pathetic nonsense

The irony of this username matched with this post makes my head explode

But also, I agree
gunan01
AG
Dreigh said:

Tepid recognition of A&M's well-earned victory, followed very quickly by commentary that practically foretells a Game 2 win for the Vols.

Largely because…it will be hot? Seriously?

Whatever. Let's go win another baseball game.
I saw that idiot Kyle Peterson with the "it just seems like a great day for the Tennessee offense with it being ho tomorrow" comment. Um is he not familiar with the weather in College Station??

Same idiot said the wind blowing out today greatly favored Tennessee.

Just win baby…
jja79
AG
They led the nation in home runs. What a moron KP is.
cj774
AG
Tergdor said:

The Banned said:

If we score as many runs as the number of times I've heard someone from eastern TN say that "at least Texas is a dry heat", we'll win by triple digits
I wish it was a dry heat
My family took a week long vacation to eastern TN last year with one of the main goals to get out of the Houston heat in the summer and go to a more moderate and less humid climate. And compared to Houston, eastern TN was not bad at all.
fieldtrailer
AG
There's another thread that indicates espn uncomfortable but everyone on there says the op is paranoid. Which is it?
Agdad081216
We have Max Weiner!! GOOD
Just an old dad who raise 3 Ags. Inherited 2 more. GIG’EM
Scorebook
AG
Haven't really used this site in years. Why are there so many people with little man syndrome around here? Everyone feels slighted over the least thing.
EnviroAg96
AG
Evansville knocked UT's Beam around in the Super and won the game. I think he gave up 5 runs to them but they did not get to him until the 5th inning or so. We can do the same, just be patient.
cj774
AG
Welcome to our current society as a whole
94chem
Who ARE we starting?
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
src94
AG
GOOD
dcg4403
AG
Dreigh said:

Tepid recognition of A&M's well-earned victory, followed very quickly by commentary that practically foretells a Game 2 win for the Vols.

Whatever. Let's go win another baseball game.

What complete moron thinks that TN is hotter than TX? And significantly at that?
APHIS AG
The SEC Network commenters are saying the same thing that Tennessee will be throwing their ace tomorrow and their bats will finally come alive.

The SEC bias against the Aggies has been evident. First, they extolled Kentucky as having a superior team, we beat them. Then Florida being a team of destiny, we beat them, twice. .

And now Tennessee.
BigHead 04
AG
We are the better team. **** Tennessee. **** espn. **** all the doubters. We are bringing that trophy home where it belongs tomorrow night. Pack your **** and get on the plane, Tony you whiny little *****!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ArcheryAg
Ags have Lamkin starting tomorrow calm the Fuq down. Ags sweep.
20ag07
Quote:

The SEC Network commenters are saying the same thing that Tennessee will be throwing their ace tomorrow and their bats will finally come alive.

The SEC bias against the Aggies has been evident. First, they extolled Kentucky as having a superior team, we beat them. Then Florida being a team of destiny, we beat them, twice. .

And now Tennessee.
Lol, did you actually watch the broadcast last night?

It was a 90% love fest for the Aggies.

Of course ESPN wants this to go 3 games rather than 2.

And numbers would say we aren't in the best spot on Sunday, with an advantage on Monday.

But good god…any time we aren't being paid deference to every single second, you people freak out.

There was absolutely no "SEC bias against the Aggies".

Trident 88
AG
AgLA06 said:

They have their ace with a sub 2 era and we have pitching by committee.

It's not questionable they have the better pitching advantage on paper tomorrow. Doesn't mean we can't win. Doesn't mean analysts don't understand they have the advantage tomorrow.
I think Drew Beam is expected to start today, and his ERA is over 4.

47 earned runs given up over 98.1 innings pitched according to UT's website.

ETA: I do agree that UT has the advantage today, at least in the minds of most fans.
cs69ag
AG
    Esipn analyst, Todd Walker, the lsu All American picked the Aggies before the game to win the NC.
88Warrior
20ag07 said:

Quote:

And now Tennessee.
Lol, did you actually watch the broadcast last night?

It was a 90% love fest for the Aggies.

Of course ESPN wants this to go 3 games rather than 2.

And numbers would say we aren't in the best spot on Sunday, with an advantage on Monday.

But good god…any time we aren't being paid deference to every single second, you people freak out.

There was absolutely no "SEC bias against the Aggies".

Agreed…Sometimes the hardest thing about being an Aggie fan are other Aggie fans….
Sq 17
jkag89 said:

TexasAggie81 said:

Still wondering why Game 2 isn't a night game. But ... oh, well.
Because it is on ABC. That use to be a good thing.

More precisely that is When ABC told the NCAA when the game would be played
94chem
Lotta people at the game last night are gonna be struggling with a 1 p.m. start. Hope most of them are wearing orange.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
EllisCoAg
AG
AGinHI said:

I wanna see our defense pissed off, not confused, maybe a little murder in their hearts Reload12, 11/4/11
WolfCall
AG
Dreigh said:

Whatever. Let's go win another baseball game
OP, you used your 108th post to let us know you found something to be mad/sad about, even though our baseball team won the first game of a College Baseball World Series Final.

As a contrast, I am reminded of the Haley Mills movie, Pollyanna, where the female orphan protagonist had been taught by her Missionary father to play the Glad Game and find something to be Glad about even when the going gets tough.

OP, maybe you can play the Glad Game and find something to be Glad about going in to Game Two today at Charles Schwabbsville, despite your belief that ESPN (and maybe everyone else in the World) likes Tennessee better than us.
Dreigh
Scorebook said:

Haven't really used this site in years. Why are there so many people with little man syndrome around here? Everyone feels slighted over the least thing.

I don't feel slighted. The commentary right after the game very heavily suggested it would be a "Vol's day," on Sunday (or some such similar phrase), citing hot weather as a distinct advantage for UTK. I just found it odd…silly…amusing.

Whatever. It's just people saying stuff. Looking forward to the (hot) game this afternoon.
Dreigh
WolfCall said:

Dreigh said:

Whatever. Let's go win another baseball game
OP, you used your 108th post to let us know you found something to be mad/sad about, even though our baseball team won the first game of a College Baseball World Series Final.

As a contrast, I am reminded of the Haley Mills movie, Pollyanna, where the female orphan protagonist had been taught by her Missionary father to play the Glad Game and find something to be Glad about even when the going gets tough.

OP, maybe you can play the Glad Game and find something to be Glad about going in to Game Two today at Charles Schwabbsville, despite your belief that ESPN (and maybe everyone else in the World) likes Tennessee better than us.

ok
Dreigh
94chem said:

Lotta people at the game last night are gonna be struggling with a 1 p.m. start. Hope most of them are wearing orange.

No kidding, 1:00 pm coming fast for everybody.
sixpakdad
The Banned said:

If we score as many runs as the number of times I've heard someone from eastern TN say that "at least Texas is a dry heat", we'll win by triple digits
I grew up in Houston, lived in Lufkin for 15 years and have been in middle TN for the last 29 years. TN summers are nothing like Houston or ETEX
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.