A GOOD read from D1Baseball

3,969 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by 86 Tex Ag
tonytx05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not sure if this is paywalled or not, but a very GOOD read:

Quote:

And that's the bottom line: they're banged up, but so what? These Aggies just keep on out-executing their opponents. Now they'll try to keep it going against No. 1 national seed Tennessee, a clash between two programs that are both seeking their first-ever national title.

https://d1baseball.com/college-world-series/fitt-banged-up-aggies-keep-finding-ways-to-out-team-opponents-en-route-to-finals/
jrgypsum
OMAHA In some ways, Texas A&M's run to the College World Series Finals defies logic. How does this team keep on winning, even after losing superstar right fielder Braden Montgomery and lights-out No. 2 starter Shane Sdao to injury, even with superstar outfielder Jace LaViolette hobbled by a hamstring injury and Hayden Schott playing through a serious knee injury and catcher Jackson Appel dealing with his own injury issues? How? It doesn't make sense.

Except it does. Because these Aggies remain loaded on the mound, and their absurdly disciplined offensive approach is injury-proof. The bottom line is that Texas[…]
you moran
AG
Nice. Let's win this b*tch!!
Deerdude
I keep reading about Appeis injury but don't see what it is. He's a trooper regardless.
LostTexasBoy
AG
It's paywalled
HDeathstar
Torn meniscus, i think, is what I saw somewhere
trouble
AG
That's Hayden.

I think Appel is just banged up from catching every game.
AgLA06
AG
trouble said:

That's Hayden.

We have 3 catchers on the roster and he's been forced to catch almost every game. It's a shame we couldn't have gotten him some more mid week rest at least.
aggiedaddie
trouble said:

That's Hayden.

torn meniscus will drive you crazy and keep you up nights. It can also feel weird when your knee pops on just a normal movement.

Appel's hands are taking a beating. Just judging from his reaction on a foul tip Wed. I thought he might have to come out, but he played through. Another one smashed into his shoulder mounted receiver and caused some pain. I can't remember the last time I saw Bard catching, but it was one of the last couple of regular season series, I think.

It's been a long season including some afternoon scorchers at home lately. These kids are showing a lot of guts. Gig 'em, aggies. A chance at a national title is keeping them going.
RED AG 98
AG
Apple is a damn warrior. I never expected he would catch the % of innngs he has this year. Kid is a straight up baller.
Rec
AG
Appel has had several foul tips hit him in unfortunate places lately...
Buzzkill
Rec said:

And he just pops up like nothing happened. Dudes a warrior.
CapCityAg89
AG
Kaufer was an on-base machine last year. No idea why he didn't get games. Hoover? Should've played both games. Mid-week after March.

I'd say odds of a transfer are high.
AWP 97
AG
RED AG 98 said:

Apple is a damn warrior. I never expected he would catch the % of innngs he has this year. Kid is a straight up baller.

He's the Apple of his mom's eye.
86 Tex Ag
AG
Rec said:

Foul tips are caught. (Just being a TexAgs ass, LOL)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.