Alright Docs

9,622 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by warrington74
Mark Stoops
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jace's hammy is obviously f***ed at this moment. What's your first impression on it? Is it fairly common to have a hammy that recovers in a couple days? Or are we without him?

Does it just hinge entirely on strain vs cramp?
MsDoubleD81
AG
Paging Mr. Miagi.
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
Also, can we make a player out of spare parts from Monty, Sdao, and Jace?
VegasAg86
AG
$240 Worth of Pudding said:

They do combine for 2 good right legs, 2 good left legs, and 2 good left arms.
curry97
AG
It ain't healing that quickly.
VegasAg86
AG
Mark Stoops said:

Jace's hammy is obviously f***ed at this moment. What's your first impression on it? Is it fairly common to have a hammy that recovers in a couple days? Or are we without him?

Does it just hinge entirely on strain vs cramp?

Cramp is the only way he could recover. We'll know if it was just a cramp next time he runs.
Leander - Ag
AG
Any thoughts after he batted ?
Mark Stoops
I mean he struck out, so
Pumpkinhead
AG

Brad Pitt in Moneyball...

"Guys, you are still trying to replace Giambi. We can't replace him with one player. But what we can do is recreate him in the aggregate."
Mark Stoops
Pumpkinhead said:

Brad Pitt in Moneyball...

"Guys, you are still trying to replace Giambi. We can't replace him with one player. But what we can do is recreate him in the aggregate."

We are just about out of players we can do that with
Sq 17
If we get to the championship can we reset the roster if Jace is unavailable ?
Emilio Fantastico
AG
MsDoubleD81 said:

Paging Mr. Miagi.

My sentiments exactly
HoustonAg2106
AG
Cramps don't last that long, that's a hammy injury and my guess is he's gone unfortunately
tonytx05
AG
Sq 17 said:

If we get to the championship can we reset the roster if Jace is unavailable ?

I believe we can, yes.
trouble
AG
Yes
Budder01
It's a foreshadowed storybook ending written for #12…The Forgotten Targac
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

Cramps don't last that long, that's a hammy injury and my guess is he's gone unfortunately

Except that he was walking around in the dugout and then batted. We were up 5-0 there was no reason to keep him out there. My guess is that they will take it day by day, unless it's serious.
trouble
AG
No but they make you sore and you're more likely to injure an already tired and crampy muscle.

He was walking on it fine post game
rgag12
AG
1939 said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Except that he was walking around in the dugout and then batted. We were up 5-0 there was no reason to keep him out there. My guess is that they will take it day by day, unless it's serious.

A grade 1 strain on a hammy is just uncomfortable, you can perform 80% on it but it doesn't feel good. Trouble is, is that if you do that a lot it's gonna tear. He probably has a grade 1 strain, which would take a couple weeks to heal properly. You can do a lot of your normal athletic stuff on it but you're playing with fire
Skull Session
Tablespoon or two of mustard. Or 6 - 8 ozs of pickle juice will get rid of leg cramps
BurnetAggie99
Toradol Shot, electrical stimulation(Tens Machine) with stretching, Ice therapy & hydrotherapy, then some kind of compression brace/sleeve and plenty of Rest
_mpaul
AG
rgag12 said:

1939 said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

A grade 1 strain on a hammy is just uncomfortable, you can perform 80% on it but it doesn't feel good. Trouble is, is that if you do that a lot it's gonna tear. He probably has a grade 1 strain, which would take a couple weeks to heal properly. You can do a lot of your normal athletic stuff on it but you're playing with fire

And with our luck it would tear on a ball hot in the corner with bases loaded.
t_J_e_C_x
AG
trouble
AG
Just coming to post that
Agdad081216
It cost 6 million dollars. Plus inflation.
Just an old dad who raise 3 Ags. Inherited 2 more. GIG’EM
SW-14
AG
Reminds me of the time I slipped on the ice walking out of a McDonald's leaving the team lunch during our sophomore basketball team's tournament. Hamstring started cramping like a ***** and I could barely run anymore for the next few days. Still played but not very effective, if it could be said I was effective before the injury.

But fear not, we will win just as my basketball team won.
TyHolden
AG
we're in good hands with schloss.
BkYdPitmaster
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

Thigh muscle cramps can leave you hobbled for hours for sure.
Backyard Pitmaster
AggieDub04
AG
Dr. Grimshaw still around?

https://www.espn.com.au/college-football/story/_/id/18344486/1998-big-12-title-game-kansas-state-was-one-game-unthinkable-national-title
Luke The Drifter
AG
This team needs to find the athletic trainer from Varsity Blues.
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
depriest1022
AG
BurnetAggie99 said:

Toradol Shot, electrical stimulation(Tens Machine) with stretching, Ice therapy & hydrotherapy, then some kind of compression brace/sleeve and plenty of Rest

I am pretty sure that's close to the formula that got Baffert banned from Churchill downs.
Specialized
Specialized
AG
We need bud kilmer's team doc.
milner79
SW-14 said:

Reminds me of the time I slipped on the ice walking out of a McDonald's leaving the team lunch during our sophomore basketball team's tournament. Hamstring started cramping like a ***** and I could barely run anymore for the next few days. Still played but not very effective, if it could be said I was effective before the injury.

But fear not, we will win just as my basketball team won.

Too bad you didn't also spill scalding hot coffee on yourself. You could have had a McSettlement.
AG
Actually watching the press conference made me feel better. Schloss said he tweaked it, not pulled it, and that he probably could have played. Idk if he'll play Wednesday but it doesn't sound like he's out for the season.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.