PSA: Apparently they are going to crackdown today on bubbles.

12,663 Views | 85 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by tonytx05
hunter2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Rumor going around that they tossed someone in the outfield Saturday for making bubbles. Can we please just get an explanation from the NCAA because if having them can get you tossed, why does our own school facilitate and peddle bubbles at Olsen without the NCAA cracking down on us there? If they are such a dangerous and so distracting as to disrupt the game why permit them at all? NCAA, Can you show me on the doll where the bubbles touched you?
SemperGigEm
AG
The tossed guy was in my section in the outfield, wasn't even an egregious amount of bubbles.
TyHolden
AG
next thing you know they'll kill the ball 5 chant....it's us against the world!!!
Ag13
AG
Embarrassing for the NCAA. The Regional and Super Regional were run by the NCAA and bubbles were not only allowed but clearly encouraged. And the bubbles helps turn Olsen Field into a very unique and fun atmosphere which translated very well to tv ... this was something that ESPN raved about.

But now on the biggest stage the NCAA wants to crack down on this and throw out paying customers for something that was allowed a few days ago. Embarrassing.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
ricky and julian says F that
Sean98
AG
The NCAA really knows how to piss in their own dinner.
Thunderstruck xx
This is what happens when you let t.u. join the SEC.
Aggie Class of 2026
THE CHILDREN! WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE CONSIDER THE CHILDREN?!?!
TyHolden
AG
Horns down will be an automatic ban from Omaha....
TxAg76
AG
Of all the things for them to get pissy over….friggin bubbles?? Really??
Muy
AG
Game 1 the camera showed a lady with her little Aggie bubble gun. You could tell she was being sneaky as she immediately started to put it away, like an effing assassin.

Not all heroes wear capes, well done Aggie!
halfastros81
AG
I don't get this at all . What's the harm of bubbles?

It ain't worth the risk tho.
TyHolden
AG
halfastros81 said:

I don't get this at all . What's the harm of bubbles?

It ain't worth the risk tho.
could get in somebody's eyes and cause some sip tears....
Eliminatus
AG
And yet the Vandy Whistler persists. This, my fellow Ags, is what we call a gross injustice.
Furlock Bones
AG
god forbid people have harmless fun at a sporting event.
ensign_beedrill
AG
I don't think it's the NCAA's mandate. It's Charles Schwab Field. It's dumb either way.
twk
AG
I didn't see anyone in the lower bowl get harassed over bubbles. The closer you sit to the field, the further away the ushers are.
ensign_beedrill
AG
SemperGigEm said:

The tossed guy was in my section in the outfield, wasn't even an egregious amount of bubbles.

Was he doing anything else? Being unruly or obnoxious or fighting with the security? If literally all he did was blow a few bubbles into the air, why toss him for that??
The Weast Side of Kyle
AG
Not in Omaha, but this might call for some signs or coordinated T-shirts or something! If the rest of the world knew about our bubble oppression, I'm sure we could get some recognition. ESPN LOVES all the side stories during the CWS

#LETUSBUBBLE #FREETHEBUBBLES
mustang1234
hunter2012 said:

Rumor going around that they tossed someone in the outfield Saturday for making bubbles. Can we please just get an explanation from the NCAA because if having them can get you tossed, why does our own school facilitate and peddle bubbles at Olsen without the NCAA cracking down on us there? If they are such a dangerous and so distracting as to disrupt the game why permit them at all? NCAA, Can you show me on the doll where the bubbles touched you?
Causing Climate Change. Advertisers getting complaints??
clinte234
AG
ensign_beedrill said:

I don't think it's the NCAA's mandate. It's Charles Schwab Field. It's dumb either way.
I posted in the other thread...but there is nothing on the Charles Schwab Field website about bubbles not being allowed. However, the NCAA has bubbles listed on their CWS website as a banned item.
barbacoa taco
AG
did Mississippi state fans bring cowbells to the CWS when they won a few years ago?
DD88
AG

Sips hate Bubbles.
Girlhowdy
AG
The NCAA being so uptight about it just makes me want to do it more
Gig 'Em, Ags
Serious Lee

Quote:

Game 1 the camera showed a lady with her little Aggie bubble gun. You could tell she was being sneaky as she immediately started to put it away, like an effing assassin.

Not all heroes wear capes, well done Aggie!
i laughed at that. permissable or not, its engrained into the pysche of some fans now. they cant be dissuaded.
FTAG 2000
AG
Someone needs to make come and take it shirts with a bubble gun on it
trouble
AG
Someone did a couple years ago.
ensign_beedrill
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

The problem is they absolutely will come and take it and there's nothing you can do about it.
FTAG 2000
AG
ensign_beedrill said:

FTAG 2000 said:

The problem is they absolutely will come and take it and there's nothing you can do about it.

Well the real problem is it's not listed on stadium website.

Besides the fact it shouldn't be an issue at all
SemperGigEm
AG
Nope, just a happy Ag. I was about ten rows down, so no idea on specifics, but certainly wasn't unruly. Just Very Scary Bubbles.
halfastros81
AG
I don't know but a) I doubt they allowed cowbells, and b) it's not remotely the same thing.
RED AG 98
AG
sleepybeagle
AG
Let's be honest... bubbles are very intimidating and highly addictive!
Do you even know where that bubble-fluid you put in those machines are made?

Probably cooked in a back-wood mobile home by a toothless LSU grad or smuggled across the border via backpack from China...and don't get me started with the chemicals used in the manufacture!
sleepybeagle
Funky Winkerbean
AG
We need a bubble drone that can be controlled by someone sitting in their car.
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.