Kaeden Kent - Unsung hero

11,400 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by RED AG 98
Muy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Chris Cortez absolutely put this team on his back and turned a nightmare game 1 into an awesome victory.

But gotta give some huge props to Kent. With Braden's injury, he comes in and hits 2 RBI's his first 2 at bats, and quietly stepped up big time when we needed it.
Matsui
AG
Excellent game yup
tjack16
AG
Kent also had a big leadoff hit against Texas last weekend and good defensive plays. He's just a baller and I really hope he's here next year as a starter all season.
txag72
AG
The silver lining on the cloud of Montgomery's injury? For the future?
ensign_beedrill
AG
I really hope he shines in this opportunity.
LB12Diamond
AG
Expect nothing less from Kent. He's done this the last two years multiple times.

Middle of our lineup was key to me. These three guys will be a big part of finishing this thing off.
AggieBB
AG
tjack16 said:

Kent also had a big leadoff hit against Texas last weekend and good defensive plays. He's just a baller and I really hope he's here next year as a starter all season.
He will. He's our starter at 2b next year.
LB12Diamond
AG
Where do you have Bell playing next year?
tjack16
AG
AggieBB said:

tjack16 said:

I think he might be our SS. With Bell at 2B
Muy
AG
Whoever has the better arm and infield leadership will be SS.
ReelAg6
Muy said:

Whoever has the better arm and infield leadership will be SS.
Is Ali out of eligibility?
LB12Diamond
AG
tjack16 said:

AggieBB said:

tjack16 said:

Most likely if Ali goes pro. But if not Kent will be 2nd or 1st. Bell might have to be in the same role as Kent was this year. Primary infield backup.
Muy
AG
I don't think so, was just addressing the comment about who would move into the SS and 2B roles.
safety guy
AG
Kent had 4 somewhat productive at bats yesterday. Just missed a home run in his first at bat. Two rbi ground balls in his next two ab's. Then a hit in the 8th. But I would not try to run him as he seems to be a slower runner.
Muy
AG
We definitely aren't a team loaded with speed.
Lance Uppercut
AG
Was also a few feet away from a homer to right center
MMantle
AG
He's not that slow.

He was thrown out on a hit-and-run, not a straight steal, didn't get much of a lead, or a good jump.

RR
Sean98
AG
MMantle said:

He's not that slow.

He was thrown out on a hit-and-run, not a straight steal, didn't get much of a lead, or a good jump.

RR
He really is that slow though. He is not a speedy fella. ...not saying it wasn't a hit and run, but speed is an element that KK really doesn't possess

Edit: I re-read and I didn't want to say he's slow. But he has below average speed for a middle infielder based on what I've seen.
TexasLeaguer
AG
Agreed. Kent is a ball player. Hate the circumstances, but he will do just fine!
Wabs
AG
Versatile player that can play anywhere in the infield, smart ABs, and most importantly the consummate teammate. Bad situation with Monty, but glad to see Kent get his chance to shine.
duroc
AG
tjack16 said:

AggieBB said:

tjack16 said:

Camarillo is a junior and will be back at SS
MMantle
AG
I doubt that Coach would've sent Kent, on either a hit-and-run or a straight steal, if he didn't have at least decent speed.

RR
ag0207
AG
He had a good game but Schott deserves some praise also. He has been struggling but really did well yesterday. I hope both continue to impress.
Muy
AG
ag0207 said:

He had a good game but Schott deserves some praise also. He has been struggling but really did well yesterday. I hope both continue to impress.

Definite praise for him and lots of players yesterday. Just saying Kent is the most unsung hero of the game given he's a backup role player and the average fan may not even realize the impact he had.
Thisguy1
Wonder if we decide to start someone else since they are throwing a lefty. Pretty sure Targo would be the only option unless we moved Chestnut back to 2nd and started a right handed OF which seems like a lot of work just to get a right handed bat in the lineup. I think Jett is the only other RH bat that can play OF. Hopefully we keep it simple and start Kent.
Wicked Good Ag
Doubt he is on the post season roster
RED AG 98
AG
Way too early and nonsensical prediction -- kid from Penn is your 1B next season, GG stays put at 3B*, Kent and Bell are in the middle barring some crazy portal stuff.

*Not what GG played growing up but maybe projects better there for MLB...
LB12Diamond
AG
RED AG 98 said:

Way too early and nonsensical prediction -- kid from Penn is your 1B next season, GG stays put at 3B*, Kent and Bell are in the middle barring some crazy portal stuff.

Ali will be SS
Wicked Good Ag
Ali would be best to leave from a leverage standpoint if drafted anywhere good. And I wouldnt count on Wyatt from Penn making it to campus until we see where everyone slots in the draft
Sean98
AG
RED AG 98 said:

I think this is most likely. If Ali comes back that's gravy. His hit till improved significantly this year. Maybe enough to go, maybe enough that he thinks he could improve with another year. I'll assume he's gone until he isn't.

GG played OF and C most prior to college.
Sean98
AG
MMantle said:

I doubt that Coach would've sent Kent, on either a hit-and-run or a straight steal, if he didn't have at least decent speed.

RR
OR, knowing Kent doesn't have great speed, he put on a hit and run with one of our best contact guys at the plate because he knew Kent needed the head start to move 1st to 3rd on a single or to have a chance to score on a ball in the gap.

You move a erage runners a LOT on hit and runs because they need it.
Sean98
AG
Better than fair odds that Targo isn't on the active roster for the Supers.
Muy
AG
Sean98 said:

MMantle said:

RR
OR, knowing Kent doesn't have great speed, he put on a hit and run with one of our best contact guys at the plate because he knew Kent needed the head start to move 1st to 3rd on a single or to have a chance to score on a ball in the gap.

You move a erage runners a LOT on hit and runs because they need it.

Is that the goal of a hit and run, or to take advantage of the middle infielders being out of position when the runner steals, so a typical single moves that runner to 3rd.
EnergyAg
AG
He's here, he's there, he's every-f'ing-where Kaeden Kent!
Muy
AG
EnergyAg said:

He's here, he's there, he's every-f'ing-where Kaeden Kent!

Brilliant!

Just need to start it…

Kaeden Kennnt!

Kaeden Kennnnt!

He's here! He's there! He's every f'ing where, Kaeden Kennnt!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.