203 student told me

8,297 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by A-A Ron
htxag09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tjack16 said:

Bjkasper said:

First super for me. Will be in 203 wearing maroon camo with my 11 yr old. Do we need to be discreet w bubbles at the gate?

Not at all. Treat it like it's an average home game when you come in. Only thing different is some random presentation things during the game
And they will only sell generic NCAA gear. My son asked me to get him an A&M hat last weekend. How dumb is it that you can't buy an aggie baseball hat at an aggie baseball game....
tjack16
AG
htxag09 said:

tjack16 said:

Bjkasper said:

First super for me. Will be in 203 wearing maroon camo with my 11 yr old. Do we need to be discreet w bubbles at the gate?

Not at all. Treat it like it's an average home game when you come in. Only thing different is some random presentation things during the game
And they will only sell generic NCAA gear. My son asked me to get him an A&M hat last weekend. How dumb is it that you can't buy an aggie baseball hat at an aggie baseball game....

Yeah that was odd. At least sell an A&M postseason shirt. I would have bought one.

Also no programs suck. Nobody wants a digital program
Decay
AG
Imagine wearing NCAA gear, Rob Lowe style
trouble
AG
I was more annoyed that the regional shirts for youth were not location specific like the adult shirts.

And yeah, Mal was really used to having a program to keep score on
tjack16
AG
It wouldn't be much trouble to make a generic regional program for each day. Just take the image that was on the shirt of all 4 logos and throw a scorecard in there for each game of that day.
tamc93
AG
i was more annoyed that they kept "Texas" on the bracket rather than "t.u."
BiochemAg97
AG
tjack16 said:

It wouldn't be much trouble to make a generic regional program for each day. Just take the image that was on the shirt of all 4 logos and throw a scorecard in there for each game of that day.

Softball did multiple tournaments during the season where all teams rosters were on the back with 1 score card. Get a new scorecard each game.

I didn't get a look at the softball regional program, if there was one.
jmfshr
AG
Someone please dress like Elmer Fudd.
txag72
AG
Quote:

"t.u."
tu
Capt. America
AG
Stay strapped kids
ensign_beedrill
AG
tjack16 said:

htxag09 said:

tjack16 said:

Bjkasper said:

Yeah that was odd. At least sell an A&M postseason shirt. I would have bought one.

Can't keep score on a digital program.

However, it was always my gripe that they only put four scorecards in a program for an event that would host at least 6 and possibly 7 games. And then they had no space to write down pitchers. Not worth the $10. I just print and bring my own now.
StinkyPinky
AG
Capt. America said:

Stay strapped kids

Gold!
ensign_beedrill
AG
Decay said:

Imagine wearing NCAA gear, Rob Lowe style
I caught a T-shirt in the T-shirt toss at the Stanford regional. It's just a grey T-shirt that says "NCAA Championships."

LOL. I guess I will wear it if I ever go to an NCAA Championship that my Aggies aren't playing in. Just to be the most neutral observer.
ensign_beedrill
AG
htxag09 said:

tjack16 said:

Bjkasper said:

They used to set up a trailer outside the gate with Aggie merchandise. It's odd; when I went to Regionals in Austin in 2018, they were for sure selling t-sip stuff at their shop inside the park. Hmmm.
trouble
AG
Mal asked for a book for next year
A-A Ron
Capt. America said:

Stay strapped kids

Heads up, your registration is out of date, lol.
milner79
gracecokinos said:

Derm Doc!!! Yes we are. We're going full Duck Commander. Gotta be discreet about duck calls though
If anybody asks, just tell 'em some soccer nerd across the street gave you a miniature vuvuzela.
75AG
AG
TXAGBQ76 said:

Maybe they should get some shotgun sound makers instead?!
Have The Rifleman shooting a shotgun for strikeouts. But then he'd have to be The Shotgunman, so that wouldn't work.
WildcatAg
AG
tjack16 said:

htxag09 said:

I attended the Lexington Regional last weekend and they still had UK gear for sale inside the stadium. Must be an A&M regional thing (or UK ignored the NCAA directive).
TexAg1987
missinAggieland said:

Need an edit of this screen with Reveille
ensign_beedrill
AG
WildcatAg said:

tjack16 said:

htxag09 said:

I attended the Lexington Regional last weekend and they still had UK gear for sale inside the stadium. Must be an A&M regional thing (or UK ignored the NCAA directive).
It is an NCAA rule: no team merchandise can be sold inside the stadium.

Kentucky ignored the rule. Like I said, t.u. sold t.u. stuff at Disch-Falk in 2018. Some schools don't always follow the letter of the law. It's up to the NCAA representative that gets sent to each regional to enforce these rules, but I guess sometimes they don't notice or don't care.
Rongagin71
AG
Be kind...
A-A Ron
ensign_beedrill said:

WildcatAg said:

tjack16 said:

htxag09 said:

It is an NCAA rule: no team merchandise can be sold inside the stadium.

Kentucky ignored the rule. Like I said, t.u. sold t.u. stuff at Disch-Falk in 2018. Some schools don't always follow the letter of the law. It's up to the NCAA representative that gets sent to each regional to enforce these rules, but I guess sometimes they don't notice or don't care.
I would venture to guess it's more this than anything. Another pointless NCAA rule that makes zero sense to make. It is a home game for the host, no reason to sterilize it.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.