I think we play tonight

11,571 Views | 98 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by ensign_beedrill
BucketofBalls99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't think the game is played tonight. It's not just rain. The lightning will cause enough delays on its own.
jja79
AG
StinkyPinky said:

jja79 said:

Hate this for those of you trying to determine whether or not to make the drive and those of you who may be out late but I'm 2 hours behind so 8, 9 or 10 is perfect for me.
That's what I miss about living in Oregon. It was great to have Monday Night Football over at 8:30 pm
Arizona here, love the 9AM college football kickoffs too. I find myself monitoring CS weather radar today.
Ags77
AG
I hope you are right Derm, but i don't think we play tonight at all.
Gigem
Gyles Marrett
Sq 17 said:

aTm 99 said:

Capitol Ag said:

ensign_beedrill said:

Driving in is going to be rough.
Ya, was thinking that too. If you're coming from DFW, you'll get to drive through a lot of it. Be careful Ags (and Arkansas fans too).
We'll be driving up from Houston and it's a real question of whether I want to risk the hail damage to my new truck. I'm still going to take the risk but I'm sure some people won't.
It will really suck if I drive up, get pummeled with hail and then they move the game to tomorrow instead...

Arrive early go to Century Square, Park in their garage. Eat drink with your car safely in their garage.
I think the drive from Houston will be far more tame than a drive down from DFW...and yes follow this garage advice if concerned!
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Already back from your morning golf by then?
jja79
AG
If we're playing yes, if not the smartphone is a wonderful invention

Looking at the weather.com radar it doesn't look bad but have had some people tell me otherwise.
BadMoonRisin
AG

That had to be the rain
Charpie
AG
They just put us under a tornado watch until 10
TyHolden
AG
Charpie said:

They just put us under a tornado watch until 10
why not 9:59 ??? weather people are jerking us around!
PWR85
AG
It isn't just whether we can play, but should we. Top 5 matchup. Two aces. Don't let weather conditions affect the outcome when you have a clean weekend of weather. America wants to see these two teams duke it out, not see a sloshfest with intermittent lightening delays.
ArlingtonAg2015
AG
Just arrived at Olsen. Drove from DFW and there was rain the entire way here. Lots of lightning and windy as well. It's coming down pretty steadily here at the ballpark.
dBoy99
AG
PWR85 said:

It isn't just whether we can play, but should we. Top 5 matchup. Two aces. Don't let weather conditions affect the outcome when you have a clean weekend of weather. America wants to see these two teams duke it out, not see a sloshfest with intermittent lightening delays.

With lakes in the OF...
aggirl11
AG
Postponed until 8:00 p.m. per Aggie Baseball social media.

aTm 99
AG
Officially delayed until 8pm at the earliest.
dermdoc
AG
PWR85 said:

Forgive me but I just want to win and believe playing tonight gives us the best chance of that.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dBoy99
AG
Yeah, whatever knocks their starter out. Ligthning or Aggie bats.
AggieBB
AG
I'm about 30 min outside of CS and I have a literal lake in my front yard. I hope CS isn't getting this much rain!
dBoy99
AG
PWR85
AG
not sure how playing tonight gives us the best chance. I want our hitters to have the best conditions, chestnut to be able to steal bases at will, and our D to be able to play flawless behind Prager. I want the ball jumping out of the park for us. and I want full and loud stands. None of that is happening tonight, IMO.
dBoy99
AG
Only way playing tonight helps us is if its a close game around the 3rd inning and lightning causes a long delay and knocks out the starters...
Devotedaggie
AG
The biggest question is how well the field drains. There's been 2-3 inches fallen in the area and videos of street flooding. If it drains well enough, then I can see the game tonight.
aginlakeway
AG
PWR85 said:

not sure how playing tonight gives us the best chance. I want our hitters to have the best conditions, chestnut to be able to steal bases at will, and our D to be able to play flawless behind Prager. I want the ball jumping out of the park for us. and I want full and loud stands. None of that is happening tonight, IMO.

I agree. I'd rather play 3 games in 2 days with perfect weather and packed stands.

twk
AG
With the field not draining as well as it used to, I think we are going to have enough rain by 6:00 for them to conclude that field conditions will be poor even if the rain stops.
dBoy99
AG
https://app.truelook.cloud/dashboard/11701/12676/live?code=16920n9styuwnl1yq08yy26fp
ArlingtonAg2015
AG
Still raining and really windy at the ballpark. But…Arkansas team bus just rolled in a few minutes ago.
SHSU-AG
I live in north Bryan and my gauge goes to 5" and it's overflowing. Don't see how this game gets played.
Hustle, hit, never quit!
twk
AG
At some point, road conditions for people trying to get to the game may be a factor.
Charpie
AG
twk said:

At some point, road conditions for people trying to get to the game may be a factor.

BucketofBalls99
Max w/Ch 3 weather is on right now and said this next heavy rain band is about to come through and then around. 6pm it should pretty well die down.

If that holds true, then maybe there's a possibility? Assuming the drainage for the field is top notch
Aggie Therapist
AG
I heard the system under Olsen could suck the chrome off a trailer hitch.

We should be good.
Gap
AG
Time to postpone tonight and let people deal with the flooding whether they be security, ushers, concession workers, or just regular fans.

This has been far worse than expected.
Ags77
AG
I hope I'm wrong, but I think the problem will be the amount of rain we got and how much time it takes to get the field playable after it stops. I don't see it happening tonight.
Gigem
Charpie
AG
Gap said:

Time to postpone tonight and let people deal with the flooding whether they be security, ushers, concession workers, or just regular fans.

This has been far worse than expected.

This. Y'all have no idea who and how it's impacting folks
pasquale
AG
What is the urgency for Schloss to get this game in tonight?
W
AG
it's a safety issue now
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.