*****Aggies vs. Arkansas - Thursday*****

208,363 Views | 2624 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by twk
CapCityAg89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
trouble said:

It still got annoying when it was after damn near every pitch.

Oh. I never said I wasn't annoyed. Just that I couldn't stay too annoyed because I love watching great pitching so much.
RGLAG85
AG
trouble said:

I hear ya, but what else were they supposed to talk about when we were at bat? We did absolutely nothing against him. He was just that dominant.
CapCityAg89
AG
I'd have preferred a Monty walk off but otherwise that game was as good as i could've wanted.
tjack16
AG
CapCityAg89 said:

Lots of noise about the announcer love for Smith. Dude absolutely deserved it. Prager shut down a mediocre Hog offense. Smith dominated an elite offense. I can't remember the last time I saw a pitching outting like that.

Prager was really good for sure but not near Smiths level. Even when we have struggled, we made contact and got hits. That should've been a no hitter against a top 5 offense.

I will say I'd love to see Smith vs our offense when it was hot. He faced an ice cold Aggie offense
trouble
AG
RGLAG85 said:

trouble said:

I hear ya, but what else were they supposed to talk about when we were at bat? We did absolutely nothing against him. He was just that dominant.

That's just it. It's TV. We don't need a comment after every single pitch. It's okay to just be quiet and let us watch sometimes.
NukeAg10
AG
I have been on night shift all week, and missed the game last night. I'm still at work and can't check, but is there an espn app replay available?
BadMoonRisin
AG

Here's the highlights.
NukeAg10
AG
You're the best. I will be watching this when I get home. Thank you.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Great performance by Chestnut.

The bunt for a hit, the double play in the 6th, the stolen bases.
tjack16
AG
Since the finale of the Georgia series..
Braden is 4 for his last 36

He needs to break out of that ASAP
GarryowenAg
AG
tjack16 said:

Whoa. I knew he was in a slump but didn't realize it was THAT bad.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Has to be mental. His body language last night (and for the Ole Miss series) was very telling. You can tell he is frustrated.

Hoping he's able to ball out tonight!
TheBonifaceOption
GarryowenAg said:

tjack16 said:

Whoa. I knew he was in a slump but didn't realize it was THAT bad.

Hey man it's only a handful of games. Did you not see the homerun on a Tuesday?

/sarcasm
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
I am glad we defeated Arkansas 1-0 in the bottom of the 11th inning in Game 1 to remain in contention for the SEC West division title.
Charpie
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

Has to be mental. His body language last night (and for the Ole Miss series) was very telling. You can tell he is frustrated.

Honestly? He needs to get laid.
missinAggieland
AG
archangelus2 said:

I missed you all, i realized i left my phone in the car when i got to the gate and never went to get it.

Also, i take full credit for the win. I was on the 1st base berm and yelled at their last pitcher as he trotted in front of me that the game was on the line and not to blow it. He then proceeded to throw his first warmup pitch 3 feet over his catchers head.

The rest is history...

Your phone stays in the car the rest of the weekend.

Respect the streak.
RGLAG85
AG
trouble said:

RGLAG85 said:

trouble said:

That's just it. It's TV. We don't need a comment after every single pitch. It's okay to just be quiet and let us watch sometimes.
Between pitches? I have no problem with them singing his praise, he's earned it as evident last night. I get it, he's not an Aggie and he was embarrassing our hitters, it was frustrating. But, I think sometimes our homerism can get the better of us. Again, he's earned their praise and it was fun watching a great pitcher master their craft, I just wish it wasn't against us.

And by the way, Prager and Ash pitcher brilliantly last night, and the announcers were constantly singing their praises. I just think we sometimes have selective hearing and develope rabbit ears.
trouble
AG
I didn't think he was embarrassing us. He's just freaking good. It was amazing to watch him last night. I just don't need an announcer (mostly incorrectly) trying to dissect each pitch. Just let us watch the man work.
AgEng06
AG
Charpie said:

BadMoonRisin said:

You're a genius. Someone send him a slump buster!
RGLAG85
AG
trouble said:

I didn't think he was embarrassing us. He's just freaking good. It was amazing to watch him last night. I just don't need an announcer (mostly incorrectly) trying to dissect each pitch. Just let us watch the man work.
Come on, he was embarrassing us just as Prager was embarrassing them.
trouble
AG
I just don't think that's embarrassing.
RGLAG85
AG
trouble said:

I just don't think that's embarrassing.
Common baseball term when one player makes another look fooled, clueless, overmatched, but you know that.
trouble
AG
Now A-beck made some folks look silly as hell. Swinging in circles and such.

But I love a beautiful pitcher's duel.
203Raggie
AG
Prager and A-Beck being the only 2 pitchers we used while DVH threw what seemed like every pitcher in their pen just for us to end up winning that game feels very significant.
Decay
AG
I think both coaches got what they wanted from pitching in terms of arms used.

Arky has most of those guys available if needed.

We burned only two arms, and Asch could throw a few Saturday if absolutely needed.

Both probably feel good about the bullpen.
AgEng06
AG
Decay said:

I think both coaches got what they wanted from pitching in terms of arms used.

Arky has most of those guys available if needed.

We burned only two arms, and Asch could throw a few Saturday if absolutely needed.

Both probably feel good about the bullpen.
Agree. Although I kind of hope the rest of this series revolves around the offenses, because we have the edge there.
usmcbrooks
AgEng06 said:

Charpie said:

BadMoonRisin said:

You're a genius. Someone send him a slump buster!

Pull a Mark Grace

*****NSFW*****
TexasRebel
AG
Charpie said:

BadMoonRisin said:

You don't **** with a streak!
LB12Diamond
AG
trouble said:

RGLAG85 said:

trouble said:

1000%

That's why I like McDonald. When he's announcing, they talk about other things. Bring funny stories and don't talk constantly.
W
AG
wow, needed some good news this morning

no power, no phone, no internet since the storm hit
W
AG
I trust that somewhere on this thread someone mentioned the 1989 extra-inning thriller vs. Arkansas

but this time the game had a happy ending
Agdad081216
I definitely could see Abeck pitching an inning or two less than 30 pitches on Sunday.
Just an old dad who raise 3 Ags. Inherited 2 more. GIG’EM
75AG
AG
Agdad081216 said:

I definitely could see Abeck pitching an inning or two less than 30 pitches on Sunday.
but could he do it on Saturday?
Agdad081216
Yes. Correction. Thanks.
Just an old dad who raise 3 Ags. Inherited 2 more. GIG’EM
twk
AG
W said:

I trust that somewhere on this thread someone mentioned the 1989 extra-inning thriller vs. Arkansas

but this time the game had a happy ending
Dont know about the thread, but it was discussed in section 103 by a couple of us who were there in '89.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.