*****Aggies vs. Arkansas - Thursday*****

208,567 Views | 2624 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by twk
txag72
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is Montgomery batting any better from that side lately
NorCal
Decay said:

Decay said:

Our 18-month-old was done and we left after 9. Still made it back to the hotel in time to watch the walk off! We're a mess but we'll take it!

I don't know how much fun she was having in the rain but either way, what a day.

Father of the year!
trouble
AG
Agdad081216 said:

Yes for 1 inning.

Prolly 2
RED AG 98
AG
Yes Prager, et al have to actually do it. But also a big ol' blue star for Max W.

Fquin
AG
My eligibility ran out 35 years ago when we had a team every bit the equal of this one. I couldn't play for them either.
Hehateme1
FTACo88-FDT24dad said:

To win on a walk after striking out almost 20 times is brutal irony and I hope it haunts them (pigs) forever
After the way they lost the football game with the dink off the top of the goal post, and now a game like this.

I hope our boys are in their head and they have the doubt in their mind that they they cannot win with all things being equal

Need to be somebody's huckleberry
Hehateme1
RED AG 98 said:

Yes Prager, et al have to actually do it. But also a big ol' blue star for Max W.

The Big Weiner !!
Fquin
AG
Braden has earned the right to hit his way out of this slump. You should never take a player of his caliber out of the lineup or dictate which side of the plate he hits from. At most you can move him in the order.
Rossy
We did ball 5 after the IBB, then he threw a first pitch strike and followed it with 4 balls.
trouble
AG
Definitely couldn't hear it but glad y'all performed correctly
Rossy
I did the best I could, talking is going to be raspy tomorrow.
tamc93
AG
Inspired is all I got tonight. Great win!
trouble
AG
At least your sacrifice resulted in a win
tamc93
AG
We did, but it did not catch on…
archangelus2
AG
I missed you all, i realized i left my phone in the car when i got to the gate and never went to get it.

Also, i take full credit for the win. I was on the 1st base berm and yelled at their last pitcher as he trotted in front of me that the game was on the line and not to blow it. He then proceeded to throw his first warmup pitch 3 feet over his catchers head.

The rest is history...
Rossy
A couple thoughts...

On that grounder that GG tried to leg out, I bet he beat his all-time best split. Was a heart breaker.

I wish Prager got a curtain call he pitched one hell of a game.
TexasRebel
AG
RED AG 98 said:

When is the last time a top 5 matchup walked off on ball4?
sellthefarm
AG
Fquin said:

Braden has earned the right to hit his way out of this slump. You should never take a player of his caliber out of the lineup or dictate which side of the plate he hits from. At most you can move him in the order.

He needs to move down just to give him something else to think about. My order at this point of the season would be

Appel, Jace, Burton, GG, Schott, Braden, Ali, Sorrel, Chestnut
RED AG 98
AG
Man, big ol' monkey off our backs tonight. Just an amazing game, easily the best of the year for me.
I hope we relax and that baseball is fun again tomorrow. Good things happen when we play loose.
Slided bread
AG
Announcers needed a fresh pair of undies after every Hagan smith pitch

Prager performance was equally elite tonight yet they acted like they were calling a late August pga event while he was on the mound

TexasRebel
AG
archangelus2 said:

I missed you all, i realized i left my phone in the car when i got to the gate and never went to get it.

Also, i take full credit for the win. I was on the 1st base berm and yelled at their last pitcher as he trotted in front of me that the game was on the line and not to blow it. He then proceeded to throw his first warmup pitch 3 feet over his catchers head.

The rest is history...

Throw that phone in the steam tunnels.
Hornbeck
AG
Where?
FreezeTag
GarryowenAg
AG
Getting up at 5:30 was rough, but I'm just happy for the win.
RED AG 98
AG
TexasRebel said:

RED AG 98 said:

When is the last time a top 5 matchup walked off on ball4?

The last time I remember: last night.
Charpie
AG
GarryowenAg said:

Getting up at 5:30 was rough, but I'm just happy for the win.

Same. So worth it
Sq 17
Aggies2009 said:

Doubt we get a walk. He hardly walks anyone.

Awesome reverse jinx
You are tonight's MVP
RED AG 98
AG
100%
tjack16
AG
Awesome win to wake up to
AgEng06
AG
dcg4403 said:

CrottyKid said:

At this point, don't you just tell Montgomery to bat lefthanded until you say otherwise?

I actually thought they should have DH-d Braden as crazy as that sounds. Dude hasnt been close to hardly any pitches today or lately. And he whiffed and whiffed. Crazy fun scene at Blue Bell.

Appel was great, just didnt hit the gaps. And Chestnut? Wow! Such a big part of the team.

You mean PH'd Braden. Schott's the DH. And that's not gonna happen. He'll get the time he needs to work through it.
FTAG 2000
AG
AgEng06 said:

dcg4403 said:

CrottyKid said:

At this point, don't you just tell Montgomery to bat lefthanded until you say otherwise?

I actually thought they should have DH-d Braden as crazy as that sounds. Dude hasnt been close to hardly any pitches today or lately. And he whiffed and whiffed. Crazy fun scene at Blue Bell.

Appel was great, just didnt hit the gaps. And Chestnut? Wow! Such a big part of the team.

You mean PH'd Braden. Schott's the DH. And that's not gonna happen. He'll get the time he needs to work through it.

Get the time? It's been a month.
ObviousLazyRiverIsObvious
Decay said:

Decay said:

Our 18-month-old was done and we left after 9. Still made it back to the hotel in time to watch the walk off! We're a mess but we'll take it!

I don't know how much fun she was having in the rain but either way, what a day.

That forehead tattoo ...

CapCityAg89
AG
Lots of noise about the announcer love for Smith. Dude absolutely deserved it. Prager shut down a mediocre Hog offense. Smith dominated an elite offense. I can't remember the last time I saw a pitching outting like that.

Prager was really good for sure but not near Smiths level. Even when we have struggled, we made contact and got hits. That should've been a no hitter against a top 5 offense.
RGLAG85
AG
CapCityAg89 said:

Lots of noise about the announcer love for Smith. Dude absolutely deserved it. Prager shut down a mediocre Hog offense. Smith dominated an elite offense. I can't remember the last time I saw a pitching outting like that.

Prager was really good for sure but not near Smiths level. Even when we have struggled, we made contact and got hits. That should've been a no hitter against a top 5 offense.
Blasphemy!

But you are correct, with the exception of Lav's smash.
trouble
AG
It still got annoying when it was after damn near every pitch.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.