*****Aggies @ Ole Miss - Friday*****

103,328 Views | 1379 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Aggie Therapist
Aggie Therapist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Trust in Schloss my friend
Fquin
AG
41-9 is fantastic. But, if we continue to play the we have been recently, we are still capable of playing our way out of the top 8. And we have proven we are definitely not invincible away from home. This team can be great when they get out of their own way.
aginlakeway
AG
Fquin said:

41-9 is fantastic. But, if we continue to play the we have been recently, we are still capable of playing our way out of the top 8. And we have proven we are definitely not invincible away from home. This team can be great when they get out of their own way.

Ok. But we have the best road record in our division.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
Fquin
AG
Think about the fact you had to say our division, which we won't win, and you didn't say the country or even the SEC.
aginlakeway
AG
Fquin said:

Think about the fact you had to say our division, which we won't win, and you didn't say the country or even the SEC.

What does it matter? We have a very very good road record compared to most teams. Best in our division. 3rd in the SEC.

You said we were not invincible on the road. No team is.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
Strike One
So far, what I see from the Ags in conference is that our hitters are probably only about the fifth or sixth most competitive group of hitters in the SEC while our starting pitchers would only rank somewhere around the middle of all SEC starters. Though our fielding has been pretty solid if rather unspectaular this season, we have been fielding rather poorly the last few series and our relief staff, besides Aschenbeck (who is sensational but still beatable and does not possess dominating stuff) and Cortez (who does have wipe out stuff but struggles with control) is probably only in the top 1/3rd of the conference's best relief staffs. In other words, even though this combination makes the Ags an extremely competitive team in the SEC, it will be really difficult for this team to overcome A+ level pitching or A+ level hitting in post season play (or in our series with Arkie next week for that matter). We really, really need Gavan, Braden, Appel and Schott to perform at their highest level while batting in clutch situations the next few weeks and for LaViolette to do more than hit a HR here or there while striking out a lot with runners on base. Besides for that, we need Cortez to become the dominant closer (or starter) that he has the ability to be and for our entire team to field consistently. Quite simply, the SEC is absolutely full of teams with amazing talent making it extremely difficult for any team to win the championship that is not obviously dominant in at least 2 or 3 of these categories.
StinkyPinky
AG
Strike One said:

So far, what I see from the Ags in conference is that our hitters are probably only about the fifth or sixth most competitive group of hitters in the SEC while our starting pitchers would only rank somewhere around the middle of all SEC starters. Though our fielding has been pretty solid if rather unspectaular this season, we have been fielding rather poorly the last few series and our relief staff, besides Aschenbeck (who is sensational but still beatable and does not possess dominating stuff) and Cortez (who does have wipe out stuff but struggles with control) is probably only in the top 1/3rd of the conference's best relief staffs. In other words, even though this combination makes the Ags an extremely competitive team in the SEC, it will be really difficult for this team to overcome A+ level pitching or A+ level hitting in post season play (or in our series with Arkie next week for that matter). We really, really need Gavan, Braden, Appel and Schott to perform at their highest level while batting in clutch situations the next few weeks and for LaViolette to do more than hit a HR here or there while striking out a lot with runners on base. Besides for that, we need Cortez to become the dominant closer (or starter) that he has the ability to be and for our entire team to field consistently. Quite simply, the SEC is absolutely full of teams with amazing talent making it extremely difficult for any team to win the championship that is not obviously dominant in at least 2 or 3 of these categories.
Good take.
BLSmith04
AG
Once again, we lack clutch hitting and can't win close games. We're now 2-8 in SEC games decided by fewer than 3 runs.
Sq 17
Alex580 said:

Losing to a bad team when you get that start out of prager is not good

A few thoughts
Auburn and Mizzou are the only bad teams in the sec
4 th in the SEC might get us on the wrong side of the National Seed cut line
Playing on the road is hard and even if his record is average I am very confident the Friday night starter for Ole Miss ( and LSU ) are talented players.
The Ags need to make a few more plays
Hopefully the bats warm up soon
Personally I blame the guy who was even thinking about betting the money line on the Ags in a different thread
W
AG
Charlie 31 said:

Please do NOT let this season turn into 1989 all over, again.
this is shades of the 2015 team

the '15 squad went 11-3 in the 1st half of conference play -- won every series

but then slumped to 7-7 in the 2nd half -- lost 3 series

hosted a regional but wasn't top 8 -- despite being RPI #5 on selection day
Charpie
AG
Meh. I'd rather these guys have a slump now than later on.
Adam87inSA
AG
tjack16 said:

Adam87inSA said:

jt2hunt said:

Copied from Brauny

That's A&M's 9th loss of the year. The differentials in those 9 losses are:

Not winning close games may be this team's epitaph.

There is time yet to change that.

But very, very little time.

We've also won plenty of close games…

Plenty?

Not in SEC play. What, we beat last place Auburn in extras at home?

And our OOC schedule was WEAK.

Again, there is time to start winning tight games in late innings, to show end of game clutch performance, but the sand is rapidly draining out of the hourglass.
Sean98
AG
My least favorite thing about the game last night... Maddox had 14Ks in conference play coming in to last night, roughly 0.5 per inning. Last night he had 7Ks in 6IP. Double his normal pace.

Now, like Prager hrs coming off TJ so maybe he's just getting better as the season goes along. Or maybe we had a bad scouting report (would be shocked). Or more likely just a bad approach at the plate.

I think the worst thing we could do is overreact with our approach but we have to eliminate something to simplify the hunt.
NewEra2023
AG
aginlakeway said:

NewEra2023 said:

Ags showin who they really are on the road

We have the best road record in our division. Is that your point? Is that who we really are?

You right. Just a level of anxiety I'm and maybe the players aren't used to. Ever since we became #1 seems like a lot of uncharacteristic things have happened.
Our team is still stupid good I just want the hardware so bad like all of us.
Aggie Therapist
AG
NewEra2023 said:

aginlakeway said:

NewEra2023 said:

Ags showin who they really are on the road

We have the best road record in our division. Is that your point? Is that who we really are?

You right. Just a level of anxiety I'm and maybe the players aren't used to. Ever since we became #1 seems like a lot of uncharacteristic things have happened.
Our team is still stupid good I just want the hardware so bad like all of us.
Team doctor should prescribe everyone Lexapro to decrease their anxiety and increase their stamina.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.