Pinch hitter?!

6,939 Views | 72 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by TXAGBQ76
cords12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You bring in an ice cold pinch hitter batting .233 with the game on the line?! Mind boggling
Aggies2009
AG
Yeah, I wonder if Schloss spends every day with the team and knows a bunch of stuff we don't or something.
AWP 97
AG
I wonder if someone forgot to tell the batter about the expanded strike zone. You can't pitch hit and strike out looking.
TAMUallen
AG
I'll admit that this one was a little bit strange

Who knows though... been a long but quick weekend at the end of a game, maybe he was cramping up and needed to do it
OlsenAg15
AG
I don't mind the matchup there, but dang if Schloss gives you that shot you simply CANNOT watch a third called strike..and on tv it looked like that pitch caught a lot of plate.
Ags played great all weekend though, no need to get caught up. On to the next…!
frenchtoast
This was Schloss's App State. Jimbo 3.0
Aggies2009
AG
frenchtoast said:

Lmao
Hungry Ojos
frenchtoast said:

Dude.
frenchtoast
That was a joke btw
AG86PF
AG
Didn't see your " this was a joke". Sorry
dcg4403
AG
cords12 said:

You bring in an ice cold pinch hitter batting .233 with the game on the line?! Mind boggling

I was just going to make a thread about this.

Absolutely Schloss made it 1st major F-UP as coach this season. Horrible, horrible choice.

I dont care if a righty batter was strategically better. You cant take out the game winner for Game 2 who has played very well for us. Dude could have easily given us the needed pop out...if not better.

Ahhhhhh!
LB12Diamond
AG
Bc of his smaller strike zone.
TAMU1990
AG
I've would have stayed with Sorrell. All we needed was a fly ball and he's been doing that well lately.

Maybe a bunt from Ali during his AB, but he likes doing that down 3rd base line. It would have to been down 1st base line. No way they would have been ready for it. But he had been swinging well so I don't have any issues.
aggiewilliford
That wasn't done well in the 9th. You know that will bother schloss!
Gig Em Ags, God Bless Old Army and Marching in Behind the Band! Whooooopppp
Mark Fairchild
AG
like the idea of a bunt from Ali.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
aggiewilliford
Mark Fairchild said:

like the idea of a bunt from Ali.

Yep!
BLSmith04
AG
Sorrell hit a sac fly in his last at bat, and it was off the same pitcher. Exactly what we needed here. Hate taking the bat out of his hand there, especially for a guy who's barely played since February and has struggled every time he has.
aggiewilliford
I also would have let Bell PH in that hole. There are so many other ways I would have played it. This one is really bothering me!
Polska
AG
Was hoping for Targac there. Didn't like the decision, but learn from it and move on.
William_C_G
AG
I also didn't like the decision. Unless you are a great hitter, a cold bat rarely turns out well. But I won't throw a fit about the decision either.
swc93
AG
I think he took the opportunity in a hostile environment with the series in the bag to see what a young freshman can make of the situation. Experience.
milner79
swc93 said:

I think he took the opportunity in a hostile environment with the series in the bag to see what a young freshman can make of the situation. Experience.
MaroonStain
AG
cords12 said:

Your FING aspirin shows up after we take a road SEX series from a ranked SEX team? Gump was bludgeoned by this Texas Aggie squad.

I think you are MaroonPawn's sock. People of baseball board update your spreadsheets.
AggieBB
AG
swc93 said:

Except he's not a freshman
BLSmith04
AG
AggieBB said:

swc93 said:

Bindy is a redshirt freshman
AggieBB
AG
aggiewilliford said:

God I hope so. That game was there for the taking. Schloss set BB up for failure. Winning two out of three is great and all, but I don't want to see this team fall into the pattern of being happy with it like much of the fan base. I want to see this team win an sec championship and tear ass through the post season all the way to the CwS championship.
AggieBB
AG
BLSmith04 said:

AggieBB said:

swc93 said:

Correct. Not a young freshman. Jack Bell is a young freshman.
eeaggie11
AG
Schloss is playing 4D chess. Making decisions to try and avoid the dreaded #1 overall seed
aginlakeway
AG
AggieBB said:

aggiewilliford said:

God I hope so. That game was there for the taking. Schloss set BB up for failure. Winning two out of three is great and all, but I don't want to see this team fall into the pattern of being happy with it like much of the fan base. I want to see this team win an sec championship and tear ass through the post season all the way to the CwS championship.

Consistently winning 2 of 3 = National title.
AggieBB
AG
aginlakeway said:

AggieBB said:

aggiewilliford said:

Except we don't get to play Alabama, South Carolina, Auburn, etc in SR and Omaha.
TAMU1990
AG
AggieBB said:

BLSmith04 said:

AggieBB said:

swc93 said:

Correct. Not a young freshman. Jack Bell is a young freshman.
In Blake's defense, he didn't start hitting until after last season. Still wouldn't have called his number in that spot though.
TAMU1990
AG
AggieBB said:

aginlakeway said:

AggieBB said:

aggiewilliford said:

Except we don't get to play Alabama, South Carolina, Auburn, etc in SR and Omaha.
Except the committee likes to pair regionals with SEC teams going against each other in the Supers to limit the number of SEC teams at Omaha
McInnis
AG
dcg4403 said:

cords12 said:

I was just going to make a thread about this.

Absolutely Schloss made it 1st major F-UP as coach this season. Horrible, horrible choice.

I dont care if a righty batter was strategically better. You cant take out the game winner for Game 2 who has played very well for us. Dude could have easily given us the needed pop out...if not better.

Ahhhhhh!

Binderup doesn't have a hit against left handed pitching this season. I think he'll be a good player for us, but what a situation for him to be put in.
Hehateme1
NVM
HoustonAg2106
AG
TAMU1990 said:

AggieBB said:

aginlakeway said:

AggieBB said:

aggiewilliford said:

Except the committee likes to pair regionals with SEC teams going against each other in the Supers to limit the number of SEC teams at Omaha

Has our regional ever been paired with another SEC regional?
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.