*****Aggies vs. Auburn - Friday*****

81,248 Views | 1355 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Sea Pony 07
Sticks&Stones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fquin said:

Tired of us getting up big and then throwing scrubs out there just to see what they can do.
Agreed!!! We should just wait until they are absolutely needed and then see what they can do!
W
AG
W said:

the objective for Friday...

win an SEC game without Aschenbeck

Ags are 0-3 in the league when A-Beck doesn't pitch
there it is

a win without A-Beck

the bullpen is in pretty good shape for Saturday...assuming Lamkin goes 5 or 6 innings

Cortez, Stewart, Sdao, Morton, maybe Peery, and maybe A-Beck to finish
Fquin
AG
Or we could , as we have in the past, throw them out there on Tuesdays against weaker opponents and possibly give them some confidence.
NiagraSpews2014
AG
@trouble have we had stev(ph)en before? Seems like he went to the jeff head school for blind umpires.
Killzone3abc
AG
We have been testing these guys in the midweek. Performances agaisnt Prairie View aren't going to say much about their chances against SEC competition.
trouble
AG
We've had him before but not often. Had him last year's Auburn series, in fact

He's inconsistent and while not the egomaniac that Head is, he has tossed players and coaches for arguing with his inconsistent zone.
RED AG 98
AG
Killzone3abc said:

Yall we had an 8 run lead. Pulling Sdao guaranteed he's available tomorrow. Low stakes opportunity for Smith to take a step or two forward. I don't hate the decision by Schloss. I actually like it. Bummed Smith didn't capitalize, and I suspect it's the last we'll see of him on a weekend for a while.
Nailed It
NiagraSpews2014
AG
So yes, jeff head amoeba zone, lol.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Break out the brooms
trouble
AG
Kevin Sweeney is in the bucket tomorrow and I don't dislike him.
RGLAG85
AG
Nice win tonight for the Ags!

Nice series win, now get the sweep.
CharlieBrown17
AG
I'm tired of everyone piling on our deep rotation bullpen pitchers. I'm sure their families and friends and maybe even pets read TexAgs and see this.
trouble
AG
Bullpen pitchers don't have friends
Aggie12B
AG
Aggie12B said:

10Aggie10 said:

Aggie12B said:

Holy shi-ite, I just noticed that Lance started this *****official***** game thread and I posted my BTHO post before it was actually game day, Has that ever happened before??

it almost happened yesterday, but it looks like you showed restraint and held off til 12:01
I did Not realize that Lance started the Thursday *****Official***** game thread before it was actually game day, as well until I just went back and checked it after reading your post. We win tonight's game and it will officially be a tradition
Hey Lance, 2 games in a row, you've started the *****Official***** game thread before midnight. It's a tradition now
ObviousLazyRiverIsObvious
25txag
AG
If y'all actually came to the games instead of sitting at home being keyboard warriors you'd see the effort actually put into that play and that it should've been caught.
SchizoAg
Aggies1322
AG
25txag said:

If y'all actually came to the games instead of sitting at home being keyboard warriors you'd see the effort actually put into that play and that it should've been caught.

You can put a lot of effort into something and it still be a stupid decision. Absolutely no reason to throw that away there.
themissinglink
AG
Rudis was great and has been all season. Max has done an incredible job with him. I have almost as much faith in him getting us out of a jam as I do Aschenbeck.
LB12Diamond
AG
That's a hard play to make for a first baseman. Laser throw from that short a distance is hard to react to.

Can it be made. Maybe but it would require a great play.

But really neither player should be given any grief on that one. It did not change the Auburn scoring at all. They still would have gotten one run on the play even if the ball was not thown. So what if the other runner would have still been on third. He would have scored in the hot shot to SS anyway. It amazes me the complaining on that play when it changed nothing in the end.
Sean98
AG
trouble said:

Bullpen pitchers don't have friends
What the...?

What??

Minks and I will have to discuss and get back to you.
trouble
25txag
AG
What was thrown away? We won. Be happy
CharlieBrown17
AG
25txag said:

No one can post on the baseball board unless they're physically within Olsen Field at Blue Bell Park.
Aggies1322
AG
The ball.. he threw the ball into the Auburn dugout.
Sea Pony 07
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

25txag said:

No one can post on the baseball board unless they're physically within Olsen Field at Blue Bell Park.

I guess this is good bye then

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.