*****Aggies vs. Auburn - Thursday*****

68,669 Views | 1097 Replies | Last: 27 days ago by BWS54
Ag 11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Great win over the tigers/war eagles/plainsmen
William_C_G
AG
WTG, Ags!
Sea Pony 07
AG
Thanks you two for the pbp
Hubert J. Farnsworth
Love watching Aschenbeck pitch. Way to go Ag's.
lagoag
Whooop
you moran
AG
We need to clone Aschenbeck. One of you nerds get on that.
Bondag
AG
Whoop.
SchizoAg
you moran
AG
Also...big win for Lance as well.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
THE DUDE GRACKLE ABIDES!!!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AgEng06
AG
Arky finishes off LSU, 7-4. And Arky left 12 on base.
BeatHellOutOfTU
AG
Not a great game but it's a Win
TyHolden
AG
It's a W
greg.w.h
AG
BeatHellOutOfTU said:

Ws are great.
trouble
AG
Maxie got a little one-on-one chat with his BFF Ryan so we're all happy tonight.
trouble
AG
BeatHellOutOfTU said:

If I can't have moral victories, you brats can't have moral losses.
jkag89
greg.w.h said:

BeatHellOutOfTU said:

Ws are great.
Any win in league play is a great game.
McInnis
AG
I used to be a pretty volatile fan. But the years, and many disappointments, have tempered me in my old age. I can't remember when I last cursed at my TV. But when Stewart backhanded that line drive, then dropped the ball, then picked it up, and threw the ball away trying to go home, I completely lost my virtue.

Credit to our guys for keeping their cool and to keep plugging away. Only wish Asch hadn't have had to throw 61 pitches. Our bullpen's gonna have to hold it together tomorrow.
ObviousLazyRiverIsObvious
KCup17
AG
Wow. I never knew ISU's baseball team was cut back in 2001…
jkag89
Watching the replay since I was unable to watch most of the game live this evening. How come fans can't keep their damn hands behind the fence and just let any possible home run ball travel? IMO, we got lucky that Schott's home run was not ruled fan interference.
RED AG 98
AG
Borderline to be sure. Call definitely could have gone either way without much argument.
twk
AG
RED AG 98 said:

Borderline to be sure. Call definitely could have gone either way without much argument.
disagree. The outfielder had already hit the peak of his jump and missed the ball. The fan wasn't out over the field. Best argument Auburn could have made was that they were deprived of a chance to bring it back in play, but it was never going to happen.
trouble
AG
yup. he had no chance at that ball at that point
RED AG 98
AG
twk said:

RED AG 98 said:

disagree. The outfielder had already hit the peak of his jump and missed the ball. The fan wasn't out over the field. Best argument Auburn could have made was that they were deprived of a chance to bring it back in play, but it was never going to happen.

The outfielder did miss and didn't have a true play, but it's at least debatable as to whether the fan is reaching into the field of play. I think it was the right call and I think it was a homer, but I don't think is it clearcut either way. Here's frame in question and the video for reference. His left arm is clearly in front of his body and appears to be over the rail.

twk
AG
The fan is standing up straight or maybe leaning back a bit and has his hand out at an angle, not perpendicular to the fence. I could be wrong, but I don't think the bleachers are flush up against the fence. His hand is at least a couple of feet higher than the fence. I don't think he's got long enough arms to actually get over the fence, especially in that posture. But, I'm curious enough that a I may go take a look tomorrow.
you moran
AG
Hands/arms over their heads. Good strategy. But hey, good to see Timmy Lupus again.
RED AG 98
AG
His arm is fully extended and about 45 deg or so relative to the fence, so it's definitely a good foot or two in front of his body. Good point on distance between the rail and the fence. That is likely the key here.
you moran
AG
Hey, maybe one of those nerds can clone Aschenbeck.
t - cam
AG
Catch the ball!
RED AG 98
AG
Paraphrasing Schloss in the postgame: We fired our bullet with Asch tonight. Asch of course won't be available tomorrow. Maybe an out or so on Saturday. Some other pitchers are going to have to step up.
RED AG 98
AG
What is sam hill is going on up there with those posts?
trouble
AG
I have no idea what you are talking about
RED AG 98
AG
trouble said:

I have no idea what you are talking about
there are random posts on this last page that look like they are on the wrong board or from a few hours ago or on the wrong board or ...

you moran
AG
Referring to your picture on the Schott home run.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.