Attendance is Up

28,030 Views | 147 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by BiochemAg97
AgBQ-00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
triple decker all the way around. Tiger stadium type overhangs.
You do not have a soul. You are a soul that has a body.

We sing Hallelujah! The Lamb has overcome!
Farmer1906
AG
I just don't see how you get to 16k. I think building out a double-deck LF line, turning the death berm into seats, keeping some OF seating (but nicer and permanent) plus adding a berm to the OF probably only tops out at 12-13k.
greg.w.h
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

triple decker all the way around. Tiger stadium type overhangs.
I certainly think fan comfort should dictate meaningful attention to sheltering from sunshine in late April, May, and June.

Kind of a no-brainer like concession logistics like transport and storage space must be built in. Even ADA considerations. You build to make money not just collect ticket prices.
AgLA06
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I just don't see how you get to 16k. I think building out a double-deck LF line, turning the death berm into seats, keeping some OF seating (but nicer and permanent) plus adding a berm to the OF probably only tops out at 12-13k.
I think our only option unless we tear it down is to do exactly this. Tie in new seats down left field line and expand second deck down the line above it. Also add left field, and center field berms / GA area into the main stadium and add corresponding facilities and concessions.

Not sure exchanging seats for the right field berm makes sense. Probably better to leave it as is and add a protective net to make it the kids / family area.
RED AG 98
AG
You build the most stadium you can afford for SEC weekends and other top-end matchups including Regionals and Supers. You sell as many season tickets as you possibly can, and maybe still have a little seated inventory remaining for one-off sales for donors that are non season ticket holders.

There will be empty seats for midweek games and lesser matchups. Use the fill-in policy and give your tickets to Schloss policy to make sure all the good seats are occupied, and the additional seating in the outfield and down the base lines will go unused... -- why does this matter? I personally think people need to let this particular thing go as a non-issue.

Are folks super upset when the buy-in games at Kyle are not 100% full? Not even in the slightest. Those season tickets still sold right?

Are we stoked that we can cram in 102K+ for Bama, tu, LSU, etc? Absolutely.

Build it. and they will come.

ETA: no this isn't me saying 16K; I think 10-12K is where we land.
Frisco
AG
I just want a chance at getting them
LB12Diamond
AG
100% agree

Have a stadium that you don't have to buy a SRO seat to see a nice match up or pay a stupid mark up by a season ticket holder.
BiochemAg97
AG
We heard all these concerns about building Kyle field to 100k+. Anyone saying Kyle Field is too big today?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.