Attendance is Up

28,025 Views | 147 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by BiochemAg97
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

RED AG 98
AG
9k or we aren't even trying... should be 10k+.

Me +1 in 202!!!
12th Man Ag
AG
RED AG 98 said:

9k or we aren't even trying... should be 10k+.

Me +1 in 202!!!

Add 3 in 206 for our group!
BLSmith04
AG
Anyone know the official attendance from tonight?
Ag13
AG
BLSmith04
AG
Wow that's crazy. It felt way higher. You could hardly even walk around throughout the concourse because it was so tightly packed with SRO. And there's the new bleachers in left-center. I don't know how that agme against Vandy earlier this year had 400 more people.
Ag13
AG
BLSmith04 said:

Wow that's crazy. It felt way higher. You could hardly even walk around throughout the concourse because it was so tightly packed with SRO. And there's the new bleachers in left-center. I don't know how that agme against Vandy earlier this year had 400 more people.

Agreed. I think the NCAA may limit the amount of GA sold.

Also unfortunately Aggie alley doesn't count toward this. It looked packed out there.
RED AG 98
AG
That's wild. Most crowded game I've been to in quite a long while.
Ag1188
AG
I'd definitely go to the game tomorrow if there were more seating. Can't wait for a bigger stadium!
trouble
AG
I think there were that many people just on the third base side
tjack16
AG
So you're telling me tonight there were less people than the Vandy game

No way. This was at least 8,000 before Aggie alley
trouble
AG
We was packed in there like sardines
Farmer1906
AG
Only 2 to 3 games left at Olsen.

New Avg - 6,355
New Total - 241,489

Weekend Total for our 3 Games - 21,299
Farmer1906
AG
themissinglink
AG
Farmer1906 said:

At least, that's what we told the fire department
BuckshotJ
Since Aggie Alley doesnt count in official attendance figures, maybe we ought to sell 25 cent tickets there. Could include a free bottle of water with ticket purchase….?
Farmer1906
AG
Last's Night's Attendance - 7,934
-4th highest attended game of the year

Season Average - 6,431
Total Attendance - 257,258

I am fairly certain both are record highs. If anyone had any previous concerns about Olsen expanding, this year should have addressed it.
TyHolden
AG
I've been up for 72 hours. May be time to call a doctor.
tjack16
AG
They need to find some way to count Aggie alley. Last night was easily 9,000+
AgLA06
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Season Average - 6,431

I am fairly certain both are record highs. If anyone had any previous concerns about Olsen expanding, this year should have addressed it.
I'm all for renovation and some expansion, but man averaging 6,400 fans a game and maxing at 7K ish fans for the most important games makes the claims of a 15K or more seat stadium seem like a reach.
HeyAbbott
AG
The newly renovated Olsen Field should have around 10-12 thousand seats that give us room for the bigger baseball series as well as tournament play.
trouble
AG
I mean, where else were we going to put larger crowds?
twk
AG
AgLA06 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Season Average - 6,431

I'm all for renovation and some expansion, but man averaging 6,400 fans a game and maxing at 7K ish fans for the most important games makes the claims of a 15K or more seat stadium seem like a reach.
We aren't going to have 15,000 seats. Probably less than 9000 would be my guess, but we will be able to accommodate crowds over 10,000 with SRO.
AgBQ-00
AG
Im guessing we are in the range of 10,500. If they incorporate Aggie Alley for SRO that could give us huge game capacity between 12k and 13K
You do not have a soul. You are a soul that has a body.

We sing Hallelujah! The Lamb has overcome!
Farmer1906
AG
AgLA06 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Season Average - 6,431

We maxed at 8k and had overflow to around 9k (guessing). And this is in a ballpark that only has ~5k in physical seats. About 40% of the fans are standing or sitting in grass. There is zero doubt in my mind we could've been well over 11k or 12k if there was actual room.
The Marksman
AG
AgLA06 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Season Average - 6,431

Who's gonna tell him?
AgLA06
AG
The Marksman said:

AgLA06 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Season Average - 6,431

Who's gonna tell him?

Obviously not you. What do I need to be told?

You can't expand a stadium that will be half empty for 60% or more of the games for 5 regional / super games and 6 Saturdays in conference. As nice as it would be, it doesn't work financially.

This is Schloss' quote on what he wants.

"So we have physical limitations as to how far out we can go, we can certainly go up but you also have the sun to deal with out in right field. So for me, I mean, I was hoping anywhere from 12 to 15,000. "
The Asset 07
AG
Ain't just local attendance. I am not a baseball guy and I'm having hella fun watching this team and Schloss is doing.
The Marksman
AG
AgLA06 said:

The Marksman said:

AgLA06 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Season Average - 6,431

Who's gonna tell him?

You can't expand a stadium that will be half empty for 60% or more of the games for 5 regional / super games and 6 Saturdays in conference. As nice as it would be, it doesn't work financially.

"So we have physical limitations as to how far out we can go, we can certainly go up but you also have the sun to deal with out in right field. So for me, I mean, I was hoping anywhere from 12 to 15,000. "
The fact that our maximum attendance is only around 7-8K(not counting Aggie Ally) is not representative of how many people want to watch the Aggies play baseball, but is only representative how many people physically can fit in Blue Bell to do so. When we build a bigger stadium, it will be full.
AgLA06
AG
The Marksman said:

AgLA06 said:

The Marksman said:

AgLA06 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Season Average - 6,431

Who's gonna tell him?

The fact that our maximum attendance is only around 7-8K(not counting Aggie Ally) is not representative of how many people want to watch the Aggies play baseball, but is only representative how many people physically can fit in Blue Bell to do so. When we build a bigger stadium, it will be full.

It will be more than half full for the 45ish non-conference and non Saturday conference games?
twk
AG
AgLA06 said:

The Marksman said:

AgLA06 said:

The Marksman said:

AgLA06 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Season Average - 6,431

Who's gonna tell him?

It will be more than half full for the 45ish non-conference and non Saturday conference games?

Thats not the question. The real questions are:

1. How many season tickets can we sell?

2. How much seated general admission do we need?

3. How much non-seated GA do we need (berm and standing room).

Do you think LSU actually has 10,000 fans in the stands every game? Not even close. Yet no one would make the case that the Box is too small because they sell out season tickets
Farmer1906
AG
AgLA06 said:

The Marksman said:

AgLA06 said:

The Marksman said:

AgLA06 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Season Average - 6,431

Who's gonna tell him?

There were only 40 home games this year so your 45 estimate is a little high.

Based on this season #'s alone with a small season ticket base due to a limited # of physical seats, we topped 6k in 60% of the games & 7k in 43% of the games. If we sell an extra 1-2k in season tickets with an expanded ballpark, then its safe to say we'll have 6k+ tickets sold in even the smallest of games. If we build a ballpark that expands to 12K, we should have no problem being more than half full.

What is more important?

Maximizing revenue and having the best possible experience for 12 of the home games and maybe dealing with a semi empty park for 12 of the weaker Tuesday night and early OOC

or

Having a ballpark look full for most of the season even if it means people get left out being able to attend big games and selling the most season tickets.
Ag13
AG
Farmer1906 said:

AgLA06 said:

The Marksman said:

AgLA06 said:

The Marksman said:

AgLA06 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Season Average - 6,431

Who's gonna tell him?

Based on this season #'s alone with a small season ticket base due to a limited # of physical seats, we topped 6k in 60% of the games & 7k in 43% of the games. If we sell an extra 1-2k in season tickets with an expanded ballpark, then its safe to say we'll have 6k+ tickets sold in even the smallest of games. If we build a ballpark that expands to 12K, we should have no problem being more than half full.

What is more important?

Maximizing revenue and having the best possible experience for 12 of the home games and maybe dealing with a semi empty park for 12 of the weaker Tuesday night and early OOC

or

Having a ballpark look full for most of the season even if it means people get left out being able to attend big games and selling the most season tickets.
Bigger is better ... As the last baseball renovation proved

It's really a no brainer.
AgLA06
AG
Farmer1906 said:

AgLA06 said:

The Marksman said:

AgLA06 said:

The Marksman said:

AgLA06 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Season Average - 6,431

Who's gonna tell him?

What is more important?

or

All that matters is maximizing revenue is the most important thing for our AD regardless of what I want. We didn't lay off the staff we did not to do so.
greg.w.h
AG
It should be built with 10,000 permanent seats and have a plan for incrementally adding more attendance with a combination of permanent and temporary seating.

Building up 16,000 only makes sense immediately if we win the CWS and you can sign up the crowd with some kind of long-term financial commitment like PSLs. But traditionally those have transferable property rights…

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.