Why are our pants at our ankles?

7,701 Views | 69 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Lemmys Rickenbacker
alvtimes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MooseJr1994 said:

Dirty mids > short pants.

Im exactly the opposite….. and thats why there will always be this discussion
AggieBand2004
AG
Pants on the ground
Pants on the ground
Lookin like a fool with your
Pants on the ground
TexasRebel
AG
Long pants are for cricket.
greg.w.h
AG
LB12Diamond said:

Good, players should get to wear what they like.
More importantly, the team aren't enslaved and they're preferences as current students sets the direction for how traditions work at Texas A&M. Many students are students of tradition while also acknowledging that change is constant in life so it is the overriding "tradition."

I appreciate you if you disagree, by the way. But at least consider what I write when you find yourself needing to make people behave specific ways. It very much is not worth it to insist.
TexasLeaguer
AG
AggieBand2004 said:

Pants on the ground
Pants on the ground
Lookin like a fool with your
Pants on the ground

So well done! Classic!
BCWD
S
I enjoy winning. if long pants gets us to Omaha and a natty, i'm good!
waco_aggie05
AG
jah003 said:

Outscore a team 31-1 in a series and you can wear shorts for all I care.
Begrudglingly, this. I love the tradition and look of the knee length pants, but there are bigger fish to fry.
Joe12
Maybe they have skinny ankles?
96AustinAg
AG
The things Texags finds to b**** about...
KR Training staff instructor - www.krtraining.com
Sea Pony 07
AG
I personally prefer the look of the short pants but the players don't and it's their opinions that matter, not mine.
RED AG 98
AG
Sea Pony 07 said:

I personally prefer the look of the short pants but the players don't and it's their opinions that matter, not mine.
Yes ma'am!

Team high socks or stirrups as well. But this is the player's decision all the way.
dixichkn
AG
As long as it's their call it's fine. Again not the look I prefer but I'm not playing so NBD. Keep winning series by 30 runs and you can go out there in jockstraps for all I care
RED AG 98
AG
RED AG's officials rankings:

#1a. Stirrups
#1b. High Socks

Distant #3
Long pants

Extremely distant kill it with fire abomination
#1,083,484: Pants above the knee
trouble
AG
I can get on board with this
jkag89
dixichkn said:

As long as it's their call it's fine. Again not the look I prefer but I'm not playing so NBD. Keep winning series by 30 runs and you can go out there in jockstraps for all I care
Family game!

dixichkn
AG
trouble said:

I can get on board with this
I figured you might
AggieBand2004
AG
RED AG 98 said:

#1a. Stirrups
#1b. High Socks

Distant #3
Long pants

I'd agree, but you've still got the Little Lord Fauntleroy pants listed too high.
victory
AG
regardless of up or down, they should all look the same IMO, Its a "UNIFORM". But then again, everything is so relaxed no days, so do as you please.
RED AG 98
AG
AggieBand2004 said:

RED AG 98 said:

#1a. Stirrups
#1b. High Socks

Distant #3
Long pants

I'd agree, but you've still got the Little Lord Fauntleroy pants listed too high.
GigEmADED
You're weird
BohunkAg
AG
My son hates wearing his pants high in baseball. Of course he has really big legs. Maybe that has something to do with it. What does it matter to all of us what some college kid's baseball pants look like?
ensign_beedrill
AG
It's because Schloss has lost control of the team.
LB12Diamond
AG
greg.w.h said:

LB12Diamond said:

More importantly, the team aren't enslaved and they're preferences as current students sets the direction for how traditions work at Texas A&M. Many students are students of tradition while also acknowledging that change is constant in life so it is the overriding "tradition."

I appreciate you if you disagree, by the way. But at least consider what I write when you find yourself needing to make people behave specific ways. It very much is not worth it to insist.

You are way overthinking this one. My thoughts are simple, the teams pants styles don't have to match for me. If some like long pants. So be it. If some want the short pants and socks, that's works as well. Whatever makes the individual player most comfortable to play at his best.

Maybe there are some players that could care less. But the players I have known definitely preferred one.
greg.w.h
AG
LB12Diamond said:

greg.w.h said:

LB12Diamond said:

You are way overthinking this one. My thoughts are simple, the teams pants styles don't have to match for me. If some like long pants. So be it. If some want the short pants and socks, that's works as well. Whatever makes the individual player most comfortable to play at his best.

Maybe there are some players that could care less. But the players I have known definitely preferred one.
I'm not overthinking it. I'm suggesting how we should look at maintenance of traditions after we are no longer current students.
Divining Rod
If we screw up this season, then I'm gonna be pissed about the long pants. Right now, I'm tolerating it.
jkag89
What would be a screwed up season in your opinion?
ensign_beedrill
AG
jkag89 said:

What would be a screwed up season in your opinion?
One in which we wear long pants.
Biggame12
AG
Dr Lane Trowlan said:

Instead of our knee. It looks ridiculous. Dirtbags wear their pants at their knees. Why did this change?
because we have out scored our opponents 40-4 with them like that!!
swimmerbabe11
victory said:

regardless of up or down, they should all look the same IMO, Its a "UNIFORM". But then again, everything is so relaxed no days, so do as you please.

I do agree with this.
swimmerbabe11
I prefer the stirrups, but I can imagine that it's less comfortable
canaAg12
AG
The Knickers/Knee length pants look is phasing out all throughout baseball. We rarely see them at the High school level. Starting to see the tapered look make a push as well as the "dirty mids". Our guys in our program don't like the short pants, and there is the ol' "you look good, you feel good, then you play good" adage. Who cares what the Ags wear, just win baby!
TexasRebel
AG
I'd wear baseball pants to work if they'd let me.

(Baseball pants, not cricket)
swimmerbabe11
I kinda like the dirty mids. They feel like they are inspired by the stirrups look, but more comfortable
Mister Mystery Guest
Lemmys Rickenbacker
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.