*** 2024 Aggie Softball Season Thread ***

384,733 Views | 3926 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by frankie00
tjack16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think we're one great pitcher away from a 2025 OKC trip.
MSTC Man
AG
Class of 2026,

Did you watch a 3 game series and now know everything about Aggie Softball?
MSTC Man
AG
I had this same feeling in 1989 supporting our baseball team.
StinkyPinky
AG
MSTC Man said:

Class of 2026,

Did you watch a 3 game series and now know everything about Aggie Softball?
No. And he's not even an Aggie.
gambochaman
AG
Series turned yesterday with the throw home from 3rd that resulted in the obstruction

Get the out at first and we win

Ugh it hurts
LB12Diamond
AG
Lovely

Posters propping themselves up bc they do not condone a losing culture. By acting like a personality that would never be able to motivate anyone to be a winner.
Tobias Funke
AG
The worst two parts of losing this series are the fact that 1) it brings out the morons who tend to show up on any sport's board right at the end of the season to complain about how Aggies overpay their coaches / accept failure / don't know how to win / whatever other woe-is-me baby BS they can think of, and 2) it brings out the morons who think they speak for the entire fanbase by saying it's a massive mistake to ever play Texas in anything because they are part of the Illuminati and they'll be the death of college sports and possibly Western civilization. Just the perfect storm of sorrowful internet boomer Aggie nonsense.

This series was a hell of a lot of fun to watch, and I will definitely be a more tuned in softball fan next year. Proud of the fight and frustrated with the unforced errors, but no matter the result those girls played their guts out.
VegasAg86
AG
Tobias Funke said:

The worst two parts of losing this series are the fact that 1) it brings out the morons who tend to show up on any sport's board right at the end of the season to complain about how Aggies overpay their coaches / accept failure / don't know how to win / whatever other woe-is-me baby BS they can think of, and 2) it brings out the morons who think they speak for the entire fanbase by saying it's a massive mistake to ever play Texas in anything because they are part of the Illuminati and they'll be the death of college sports and possibly Western civilization. Just the perfect storm of sorrowful internet boomer Aggie nonsense.

This series was a hell of a lot of fun to watch, and I will definitely be a more tuned in softball fan next year. Proud of the fight and frustrated with the unforced errors, but no matter the result those girls played their guts out.

lol, yep, it never fails. It really builds the block list.
TexasRebel
AG
Now corndog is getting screwed.

Ball clearly hit the runner.
Fquin
AG
I prefer not to block posters. You never know when somebody you disagree with may post something thought provoking, positive or inspirational. It can sometimes happen. I don't wish to close myself off with people who I only agree with. Just my unrequested opinion on blocking.
LB12Diamond
AG
You guys watching the LSU Stanford game.

5th inning, LSU out of challenges. Stanford runner gets clipped by the ball but called no contact. It would have been the 3rd out. Not reviewable bc it's the 5th. And now flood gates. 7 runs in the inning so far.
LB12Diamond
AG
gambochaman said:

Series turned yesterday with the throw home from 3rd that resulted in the obstruction

Get the out at first and we win

Ugh it hurts

Too bad it was not the 5th inning. No crew chief review could take place.
TexasRebel
AG
t.u. Would have gotten a free one.
LB12Diamond
AG
It's just the rule
The LSU coach tried to and they said they could not.

Crew chief review cannot occur until 6th inning.
TexasRebel
AG
You're assuming the rules apply to them.
taylorswift13_
tjack16 said:

I think we're one great pitcher away from a 2025 OKC trip.
incoming freshman Della Jasinski and Kate Munnerlyn will boost the pitching room! And I bet we go get a proven transfer as well!
taylorswift13_
https://12thman.com/news/2023/11/10/softball-texas-am-assembles-no-12-ranked-recruiting-class
AgEng06
AG
It's not my nature to question our coaches, but the PH of Kramer and the PH of Allie today are head scratchers. I don't think I would have done that in those situations.
TexasRebel
AG
I can see Allie. She was guessing in her last AB.
Belton Ag
AG
Stone44 said:

Sorry, but tu is not very good. If they were in the SEC they would be Missouri. And they think this is the best team they've ever had? Way overrated. The Aggies took him to the very end with an average team

This is straight up dumb. I'd say you're probably embarrassed that you hit post but I'm not sure you have that kind of self-awareness.
sharpdressedman
Late inning collapses have wrecked numerous games this season. It's an important teaching point for the off season.

Our girls were very capable of winning either of the games that would have sent them to the WCWS and created one of the most amazing stories about beating tu in Aggie athletics history. **** happens and we move on.

Congratulations to the team and coaches on both another year of solid improvement and winning the Regional. The trend is upward and strong.

The pain of the two gut punches taken by the players to end their season is exceded only by my admiration of their competitive spirit and love for them as Fightin' Texas Aggies!
BiochemAg97
AG
TexasRebel said:

They didn't on the missed call at first in the 5th on Sat. ump called the runner out but replay showed she would have been safe if tu had any challenges left.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Great season, Aggies!
greg.w.h
AG
Tough ending to a great campaign. But Trisha will use it as a learning session and motivator. Care we agree that expectations were met and nearly exceeded against the #1 team in the home park?

WE DUR!!!!
sharpdressedman
I could not find a rankings list on a free site. Do you know of such a list? I'm curious about how other SEC teams' recruiting classes are ranked.

Thanks for your many comments on multiple sports. Your knowledge is highly informative and admirably encyclopedic!
TexasRebel
AG
BiochemAg97 said:

TexasRebel said:

They didn't on the missed call at first in the 5th on Sat. ump called the runner out but replay showed she would have been safe if tu had any challenges left.

It also showed they had a runner leave early in the top of the 6th, but that wasn't worth looking at…apparently.
taylorswift13_
sharpdressedman said:

I could not find a rankings list on a free site. Do you know of such a list? I'm curious about how other SEC teams' recruiting classes are ranked.

Thanks for your many comments on multiple sports. Your knowledge is highly informative and admirably encyclopedic!
the best sites are behind a paywall, like Extra Innings Softball and Softball America! It's hard to find an actual recruiting rankings list, but I'm sure others on here more knowledgeable than I am in this area should know!! I was just going on the article, but now for some reason the article link doesn't work
sharpdressedman
No worries. Thanks.
TexasAggie81
AgEng06 said:

It's not my nature to question our coaches, but the PH of Kramer and the PH of Allie today are head scratchers. I don't think I would have done that in those situations.

The series was lost when our coach replaced our pitcher. It all unraveled after that. Game 3 would have been unnecessary.
Wooahhhh
AG
AGGIEGMA9
Stats: 1 vs #16. All three games were won by 1 run. That's how close we played tu. Other teams in Oklahoma now know that tu is beatable. IMO
6 Aggies
LB12Diamond
AG
No

That pitcher got a ground ball for an easy out at first. But she went home. And the overturned call got the momentum going in their direction.
Faustus
AGGIEGMA9 said:

Stats: 1 vs #16. All three games were won by 1 run. That's how close we played tu. Other teams in Oklahoma now know that tu is beatable. IMO

Oklahoma, OSU, and Stanford all previously beat Texas this season too.
jrodwh00p
AG
Yeah, just not by us evidently
..The history of the world is that of religion. Violent faith, in either God or Man has shed an endless river of blood. It is not a matter of what you can live without, but which allows you the freedom to be indifferent..

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Boozer92
AG
This was a very fun season to watch these girls play.

They treated the game the right way and fought to the end. This is strong step to setting the standard for the program.

Thank you to the seniors who have run out of eligibility. Trinity Cannon, Rylen Wiggins, Julia Cottrill, Jaz Hill, Shaylee Ackerman, Brooke Vestal, Sav Price and Page Lott.

I know I saw somewhere that 3 of them will be back with team next year in some sort of staff role. Graduate assistants I assume. I can only remember 2 of the 3 so if anyone else knows for sure please post. This will help carry the culture onto the next class.

Should be a fun off season. One transfer announced so far. I expected more portal acquisitions and unfortunately some portal losses. It is the nature of the state of college athletics.

On to baseball for 3 weeks our so.

First Page Last Page
Page 105 of 113

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.