*** 2024 Aggie Softball Season Thread ***

343,350 Views | 3882 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by Positivelyag512
Iraq2xVeteran
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It was very disappointing to blow a 5-1 lead in the bottom of the 5th inning to lose 9-8 to No. 1 Texas in 9 innings. Hopefully, we bounce back with a Game 3 win to reach the Softball World Series for the first time since 2017.
Ag1188
AG
You have to feel good about our bats. It's just whether our pitching can limit the runs. It's not obvious that we have a lot of swing & miss pitches still in the chamber. Definitely need a clean, smart game in the field. Maybe walk Atwood if only a runner on 2nd.
Ag1188
AG
Coach and players pretty optimistic postgame. Got to like that.
Wooahhhh
AG
One of the richest athletic departments in America; yet they can't iron the fitted sheet used for a backdrop on the press room and can not prevent a stadium outfield padded panel on the fence from becoming a 100 gallon Hefty Trash Bag.
Wooahhhh
AG
LB12Diamond
AG
If we play clean on defense today I like our chances. If we get a lead, take the easy outs.

Hopefully we can play more relaxed. I do think there's more pressure on the sips being the one seed. The players and coaches have made mistakes bc of the pressure. I hope it happens more today. I have no doubt the right fielder for them was crying bc they had fans yelling at her after the first play of that inning. My boy was at the sip baseball game this year. He said their fans were yelling insults to both of their outfielders after their missed plays. We need things such as that getting around the recruiting circles. It should be used against them. If you go there you better play perfect or you are going to hear it during the game.
Indianrider
gunan01
AG
WildAggie said:

I really doubt coach told them to do any of those things. Sometimes players make mistakes in the heat of the moment even when they've been coached on the proper play in practice.
someone (either Ford or an assistant coach) should've reiterated it to the fielders before the plays in question, specifically before UT's second run.
Agdad081216
They ain't SKEERED. BTHO tu!!!!
Just an old dad who raise 3 Ags. Inherited 2 more. GIG’EM
greg.w.h
AG
Iraq2xVeteran said:

It was very disappointing to blow a 5-1 lead in the bottom of the 5th inning to lose 9-8 to No. 1 Texas in 9 innings. Hopefully, we bounce back with a Game 3 win to reach the Softball World Series for the first time since 2017.
Women's College World Series.
TyHolden
AG
Who are the starting pitchers for today?
HECUBUS
AG
What a game that was. I've really enjoyed watching this team. They are relentless.
Deerdude
Most likely Kennedy will go for us. Doesn't matter who starts for sip, none have proven to be overwhelming .
Captn_Ag05
AG
Hoping Austin Aggies buy up the tickets out there and come cheer loud for this team.
fitzwatema
AG
No matter what happens today, I am damn proud of this team and how they have represented Texas A&M all year. What Coach Ford and her staff have done in two years is incredible. I am happy for the seniors to be able to experience this level of success and have fun doing it. Now, go out and BTHO tu!!!
Argentina Aggie
Let's get this win today, Aggies!
jt2hunt
AG
All the pressure in the world is on the Texas team. Need to score early and keep that pressure on them and never let up.
GigEmADED
Deerdude said:

Most likely Kennedy will go for us. Doesn't matter who starts for sip, none have proven to be overwhelming .

Very good point they've thrown all 4 of there's and we've responded well!
LB12Diamond
AG
I think they will pitch their drop ball pitcher. #55

I doubt we see 77 again.

We have hit home runs off all 4. Pretty nice.
Boozer92
AG
I expect 77. She was their ace who had a bad outing
AGDAD14
AGDAD14 said:

It's one of the hardest things to do in sports, to eliminate the number 1 seed on their home field, but it's also one of the most satisfying moments in sports, next to winning it all!!!

Fightin' Texas Aggies, put on the blinders, keep your head down, and play with a lot of heart until the last out, and have lots of FUN while you are in the battle! GIG'EM!!!

Lady Ags, you're still in the battle! Go have FUN!! GIG'EM!!!
Horn Saw
AG
Wooahhhh said:

One of the richest athletic departments in America; yet they can't iron the fitted sheet used for a backdrop on the press room and can not prevent a stadium outfield padded panel on the fence from becoming a 100 gallon Hefty Trash Bag.

That's probably my biggest concern regarding Aggie athletics.

Never mind, I miss read the post.
LB12Diamond
AG
Watching gators/Baylor. That Gators field is such a home field advantage. Feels like their fans are right on top of you.
Caesar4
AG
AGDAD14 said:

AGDAD14 said:

It's one of the hardest things to do in sports, to eliminate the number 1 seed on their home field, but it's also one of the most satisfying moments in sports, next to winning it all!!!

Fightin' Texas Aggies, put on the blinders, keep your head down, and play with a lot of heart until the last out, and have lots of FUN while you are in the battle! GIG'EM!!!

Concur with the sentiment but there is no such thing as Lady Ags. It's just Aggies.
Horn Saw
AG
Caesar4 said:

AGDAD14 said:

AGDAD14 said:

Concur with the sentiment but there is no such thing as Lady Ags. It's just Aggies.

Non-binary?
Wooahhhh
AG
cevans_40
AG
Riley Valentine with a grand slam to put Bama ahead of Tennessee
DDowl44
AG
I checked and got a ticket last minute. The wife has to work today and tomorrow so made the 3 hour drive NE to make it.
----------------------------------------------------
I cannot fiddle but I can build a great state from a small city
-Thermistocles

Titan 20 '09, EMPSA '20

OEF VET 2011-12, 13-14
TexasRebel
AG
Horn Saw said:

Caesar4 said:

AGDAD14 said:

AGDAD14 said:

Non-binary?

Yeah. Agricultural Engineer never really had a gender attached to it.

…like doctor.
Rongagin71
AG
TexasRebel said:

Horn Saw said:

Caesar4 said:

AGDAD14 said:

AGDAD14 said:

Non-binary?

Yeah. Agricultural Engineer never really had a gender attached to it.

…like doctor.
Saying Aggies/Maggies was a thing back at the start of Women's sports programs at A&M and was not meant as a knock on anyone, just a way to specify what team was being talked about.
greg.w.h
AG
Horn Saw said:

Caesar4 said:

AGDAD14 said:

AGDAD14 said:

Non-binary?
Women's softball but that's the only kkkd that is NCAA sanctioned. It is the Women's Colpege Wotld Series.
Sean98
AG
greg.w.h said:

Horn Saw said:

Caesar4 said:

AGDAD14 said:

AGDAD14 said:

Non-binary?
Women's softball but that's the only kkkd that is NCAA sanctioned. It is the Women's Colpege Wotld Series.
I just wanted to quote that most misspelled post in history.
Agdad081216
Come on Sean spellcheck tear me a new one all the time!
Just an old dad who raise 3 Ags. Inherited 2 more. GIG’EM
AGDAD14
No disrespect intended, especially since I'm the dad of a petroleum engineering daughter, who is a beautiful mom of two children, while working in a male dominated industry.

GIG'EM AGGIES!!! BTHO tu!!!
Sharpshooter
AG
Time to cook that Ribeye prior to the game. Go Aggies, BTHO tu.
First Page Last Page
Page 85 of 111

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.