Stanford Regional Roll Call

13,848 Views | 158 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by ColoradoMooseHerd
PascalsWager
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I ended up needed more tickets than what I originally bought!

So I have two tickets available in Row E Section 1 right behind the Ags dugout!

Selling them on stubhub for 10/ ticket which is 50% off the listed price. But I don't mind giving them away too to any Aggies who will go!

Let me know!
ensign_beedrill
AG
Perfect. And those suitcases with matching neck pillows? Butterflies and sharks? Next level.
AgsBro
AgBQ80
AG
Got to Stanford and went out to the ballpark. Found an open gate. Looked around the stadium a bit. Only a couple other folks in there. Lots of foul territory here. If I could post a pic, I'd show our view for baseball the next 3 days .
Bullpen Chias
AG
It's easy. Take a photo, go to post a message and then click this button:
AgBQ80
AG
It won't let me because I'm not a paid subscriber .
Bullpen Chias
AG
Ahhh. Got ya. Well...I'll see ya out there.
trouble
AG
You can email it to me at northcutt.jenn@gmail.com and I'll post it for you
AgBQ80
AG
Sounds good. We're in section 8. Row K. Seats 1-2. Come by and say howdy .
AgBQ80
AG
Just sent it to you. Thank you so much .
trouble
AG
Happy to help
AgsFTW
AG
Any decided place to meet before the game for drinks or dinner?
akm91
AG
I do miss the weather out there! I'll be there Friday night in spirit and my son will be there in person to see the Aggies beat the hell outta CS Fullerton!

Whoop!
Eike Mlko
PascalsWager said:

Here's some tips/thoughts for people visiting from out of town:

In terms of airports they're both (SJC and SFO) pretty close, but SFO might actually be closer. If you find cheaper tickets at OAK, that's not even that crazy if you rent a car anyway; even if you fly in on Friday during rush hour to Oakland, you're going to be going counter commute on the bridges.

If you have time, GO to San Francisco. There are many fair criticisms of the city, the people, state whatever. Its not anywhere close to the dystopian hellscape some people make it seem like. If you stay outside of some niche areas you have no reason to go to, you might not see a single homeless person at all. Go the Bridge, go the fisherman's wharf, go to all the touristy places. You'll enjoy it. Bring a medium jacket;/sweatshirt/hoodie; it'll be cold. An option to get there is to take them Cal Train Palo Alto Station to the final stop in San Francisco and walking from there.

Stanford itself is a unique and beautiful campus. If you go up Hoover tower, you'll get a beautiful view of the entire Bay Area; I think its free to do so. There's also a LOT of really cool naturey areas and hikes around. IF people are interested in those, just respond and I can recommend some. One that's on campus is a hike around the famous Stanford Dish.

In terms of food, the best Asian food in the entire country is arguably in and close to Palo Alto. I think akm91 already mentioned a Chinese spot. Good sushi is everywhere here. One of the fanciest Indian restaurants in American is in Palo Alto: Ettan. I have some other recommendations for Indian food further south too if people are interested.

The weather will be nice! Bring sunglasses and prepare for night to be colder than you expect. I hope everyone enjoys their visit! Hopefully the Ags advance!

Oakland is worse than SF. It's like a 3rd world country with homeless tents for miles. What a gross and worthless city.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
AgsFTW said:

Any decided place to meet before the game for drinks or dinner?

This place looks decent and close:
https://maps.app.goo.gl/TYUznjcC1QgXoQx56?g_st=i EVGR Pub & Beer Garden
(650) 736-5241

Might be full of law school students preparing for their finals, but it's not too far from the sunken diamond or the parking lot G.

Hoe about a poll?
Anyone interested before the game, 5:45ish?
-Ben There/R.C.
Hillcountryag12
AG
We are also from Boerne!
Hillcountryag12
AG
Any must do things that are kid friendly?
dermdoc
AG
Man, there is a lot of foul ground.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Bullpen Chias
AG
Best regional weather of all time.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Jealous you were able to go. If I didn't have the little ones I would have loved to have joined.
AgsFTW
AG
Bullpen Chias said:

Best regional weather of all time.

After 2 days of bit cloudy weather and cold breeze days, it's beautiful today! It is a perfect evening to beat Cal State Fullerton
Biggame12
AG
dermdoc said:

Man, there is a lot of foul ground.
up to 1st and 3rd… but then it narrows due to both Bullpens. .. passed balls are death. It has to be 30yds to the backstop behind home.
PascalsWager
AG
Hillcountryag12 said:

If you go up the city (of San Francisco) there's quite a lot that kids would like!

Alcatraz is a legendary island on the bay side and you can visit tomorrow before (hopefully!) our game. Its an old non used prison for those who don't know. Kids might be interested in that!

The Exploratorium is a pretty cool museum for kids to tinker around in.

Aquarium by the Bay, never been but my nephew (4) liked it.

Golden Gate Park has live free Bison, other animals and at the very least ability to run around safely away from cars in natural beauty.

Rancho San Antonio County Park is south of Stanford and has some good hikes I would've recommended if other's hadn't recommended better ones. But they do have a working farm where the animals might be having babies right now. If do the short hike to the farm, you can see them and get pretty close. It's free!

Let us know how it goes to this or any other places?
AgsFTW
AG
I can be there! Already @ Stanford Campus
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
AgsFTW said:

I can be there! Already @ Stanford Campus

I figured people already had plans after not seeing responses. Wrapping up work now but probably won't make it in time to the bar before the game
-Ben There/R.C.
Tanya 93
We are winning this.

We just are.
Biggame12
AG

AgsFTW
AG
Perfect Start! BTHO Stanford tomorrow!

Anybody coming for tomorrow's game from East Bay? I am still a student at A&M and would love to share a ride! Cabs are way too expensive!

Appreciate any help! Would love to attend game again tomorrow.
Bocephus
AG
AgsFTW said:

Perfect Start! BTHO Stanford tomorrow!

Anybody coming for tomorrow's game from East Bay? I am still a student at A&M and would love to share a ride! Cabs are way too expensive!

Appreciate any help! Would love to attend game again tomorrow.

You have venmo?
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
hipnix
Hillcountryag12 said:

The memorial church on campus is pretty spectacular, but doesn't look like it's open for tours on the weekend. Maybe you can sneak in?

https://live.stanford.edu/plan-your-visit/venues/memorial-church
Hillcountryag12
AG
PascalsWager said:

Hillcountryag12 said:

If you go up the city (of San Francisco) there's quite a lot that kids would like!

Alcatraz is a legendary island on the bay side and you can visit tomorrow before (hopefully!) our game. Its an old non used prison for those who don't know. Kids might be interested in that!

Golden Gate Park has live free Bison, other animals and at the very least ability to run around safely away from cars in natural beauty.

Rancho San Antonio County Park is south of Stanford and has some good hikes I would've recommended if other's hadn't recommended better ones. But they do have a working farm where the animals might be having babies right now. If do the short hike to the farm, you can see them and get pretty close. It's free!

We had the best time yesterday!

Knocked out the Golden Gate Bridge, Lombard Street, and Fisherman's Wharf.

Game was great, weather was awesome.

We are thinking about heading out to explore Half Moon Bay today.

Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Hillcountryag12 said:

PascalsWager said:

Hillcountryag12 said:

We had the best time yesterday!

Knocked out the Golden Gate Bridge, Lombard Street, and Fisherman's Wharf.

Game was great, weather was awesome.

We are thinking about heading out to explore Half Moon Bay today.

If heading to Half Moon Bay and looking for food, this is one of my favorite restaurants:
Half Moon Bay Brewing Company
(650) 728-2739

Everyone talks about Sam's Chowder House out here. It's not as chalked up as people make it out to be and it's certainly not worth 2 hour wait times.

Go for Half Moon Bay brewing outdoor seating, bring a jacket
-Ben There/R.C.
AgsFTW
AG
Yes Sir, I certainly do have Venmo.
Tailgate88
AG
It might be prudent to post it.
AgsFTW
AG
Tailgate88 said:

It might be prudent to post it.
Thank you

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.