Question about LSU

5,263 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by HoustonAg2106
HoustonAg2021
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Why are they all of the sudden expected to absolutely dominate this season and go from middle of the pack last season to the very top?
BQ_90
AG
they added major talent from the portal
HoustonAg2021
Ah thank you. Can't wait to play them. Man do I dislike them.
Bullpen Chias
AG
BigDave21 said:

They have 4 players that are first team of second team all Americans. We have none on first, second or third team.

If there was a draft of college baseball players this year, they may have 4 go in the top 10-15.
Ray Baker
In addition to the portal, they brought in the college baseball version of A&M's 2022 football recruiting class, and got the Twins pitching coach to quit mid-season and return to college baseball, former PC at MissState and Arkansas.
dermdoc
AG
They spend serious NIL money on baseball.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ensign_beedrill
AG
Driving through Baton Rouge last year, I saw LSU baseball players on a big ol' billboard on I-10 advertising some law firm.
jkag89
Quote:

In addition to the portal, they brought in the college baseball version of A&M's 2022 football recruiting class
Hoping the swamp kitties baseball season crashes and burns like our past football season.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Their Friday night pitcher will be the first college pitcher taken in the draft and one of their outfielders will most likely be the first overall player taken. They also got Tommy Tanks from NC state who hit 27 homers as a freshman and UCLA's ace who will be their Sunday starter

A lot of their players coming back from last year will have a much smaller role this year
OKCAGS
Team chemistry will be interesting in Redstick ….. they will be as talented or more than Tennessee was last year . Lots of Chiefs in that dugout , we will see how many Indians they have.
Wrecking Crew 21
Implosion would be nice!
Aggie 63
HoustonAg2106
AG
Wrecking Crew 21 said:

Implosion would be nice!

The LSU fans are really feeling themselves these days, an implosion for them would be glorious
LOYAL AG
AG
Bullpen Chias said:

BigDave21 said:

They have 4 players that are first team of second team all Americans. We have none on first, second or third team.

If there was a draft of college baseball players this year, they may have 4 go in the top 10-15.

I don't really read a lot of the preseason stuff about baseball and this might be why. You telling me that Moss isn't preseason All American? He's one of the best returning hitters in college baseball.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
Mister Mystery Guest

Come on LSU…. Save some 8th graders for the rest of us.
Bullpen Chias
AG
LOYAL AG said:

Bullpen Chias said:

BigDave21 said:

I don't really read a lot of the preseason stuff about baseball and this might be why. You telling me that Moss isn't preseason All American? He's one of the best returning hitters in college baseball.

LSU 1B is better defensively than Jack, but I'd take Jack's bat over Morgan's. I will say Morgan did have more RBI than Jack last year on a lesser team.

I believe Jack was just rated by one of the publications as the 5th best First baseman in college baseball.

LOYAL AG
AG
Bullpen Chias said:

LOYAL AG said:

Bullpen Chias said:

BigDave21 said:

LSU 1B is better defensively than Jack, but I'd take Jack's bat over Morgan's. I will say Morgan did have more RBI than Jack last year on a lesser team.

I believe Jack was just rated by one of the publications as the 5th best First baseman in college baseball.

Good stuff, thanks. Jack was the highest average on the best lineup in the game last year. I would have expected that to generate more respect coming into this year but apparently not. For a school that likes to have a chip on its collective shoulders that might be a good thing.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
phatty26
It's why they play the games.

Don't forget the stud from AF who also transferred in Paul Skenes
Bullpen Chias
AG
phatty26 said:

It's why they play the games.

Don't forget the stud from AF who also transferred in Paul Skenes

He's been counted above, but he and Tommy transferring in along with Crews, Morgan and the loaded recruiting class make them #1
TheCurl84
AG
Don't care. Got Schloss.
Bullpen Chias
AG
TheCurl84 said:

Don't care. Got Schloss.

This may have been the thinking of our biggest donors last year. Hopefully seeing what LSU has put together will change the game on the NIL front for A&M.
DGrimesAg92
BigDave21 said:

Well, there ya go!!
Aggie1188
dermdoc said:

They spend serious NIL money on baseball.
of course we're pathetically behind on NIL like in every sport. Poors.
Mark Fairchild
AG
We have to be more aggressive with NIL money for Baseball. LSU pumps a lot of dollars into Baseball.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
Buford T. Justice
AG
While they have brought in new talent, their core group has played together for two full seasons now.
That helps.
phatty26
They seem like the least cocky lsu team ever compared to the old teams they had. The fans are always gonna be bad any thoughts?
Decay
AG
phatty26 said:

They seem like the least cocky lsu team ever compared to the old teams they had. The fans are always gonna be bad any thoughts?

Finally have professional players instead of just the Corn Doggiest?
phatty26
Skeenes seems like a really good kid and professional in the way he goes about his business. That kid is very impressive and looks like he could pitch in bigs now.
AgBQ-00
AG
Was very impressed with him. I expect him to be in the majors very quickly
phatty26
59k's and 4 walks for Skeenes that is beyond impressive
TMartin
https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/lsu-dwarfs-most-sec-brethren-others-nationwide-in-baseball-revenue-profit/article_5edd22c0-465c-11e7-8b99-c709d5eb08c1.html
AgE2theBONE
AG
I honestly don't know that I've seen a college pitcher better than Skenes.

Everything about his game is exceptional.

First time he threw to first I thought, "Good grief, even his pickoff move is scary good."
phatty26
AgE2theBONE said:

I honestly don't know that I've seen a college pitcher better than Skenes.

Everything about his game is exceptional.

First time he threw to first I thought, "Good grief, even his pickoff move is scary good."

I'm in agreement with that and I've seen a lot of college baseball in the last 35 years and he's as good as anyone I've ever seen. Throw that hard with that control and a great pick off move.
BoerneGator
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

Wrecking Crew 21 said:

Implosion would be nice!

The LSU fans are really feeling themselves these days, an implosion for them would be glorious
They are easily the most insufferable fan base in the SEC. It's a cultural thing. It's also projection/compensating. More than any other fan base, they see their own worth as a human through their athletic teams. It's pathetic really, while comical at the same time.
BoerneGator
AG
That article is from 2017, btw.
dixichkn
AG
Quote:

They are easily the most insufferable fan base in the SEC.
Ole Miss is in this conference as well. You sure?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.