***Official Aggies vs. 2021 MLB Draft Thread***

17,469 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Mr.Ackar07
Mr.Ackar07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tanner Bibee selected by Cleveland at #156
ratfacemcdougal
At pick 116 the slot value was under 500.000. I am sure the threshold is different for each person, but what is the lowest slot value that a kid might decide not to go pro and go back to college if eligible? or even decide not to go pro at all. If someone is drafted low, they are going to be in low a and may never make it to high dollar pro. Just curious on thoughts and some education for me. thanks
Mr.Ackar07
ratfacemcdougal said:

At pick 116 the slot value was under 500.000. I am sure the threshold is different for each person, but what is the lowest slot value that a kid might decide not to go pro and go back to college if eligible? or even decide not to go pro at all. If someone is drafted low, they are going to be in low a and may never make it to high dollar pro. Just curious on thoughts and some education for me. thanks
Teams are assigned a pool of money based on the slot value of their first 10 picks which teams can allocate as they wish. However, a team needs to actually sign the players in order to use their slot value; if they do not sign a player, they forfeit that use of that money. Most teams will have had conversations with players taken in the first 10 rounds prior to announcing them as their pick. If a player is taken within the first 10 rounds, their is a very high chance they have already verbally committed to a dollar amount; that dollar amount is dependent on each player's situation and choice of weighing college vs going pro.
Mr.Ackar07
Will Frizzell to the Nats!
W
AG
Frizzell lasted until the 8th round?

is this a situation where he doesn't project to a certain defensive position?
Mr.Ackar07
W said:

Frizzell lasted until the 8th round?

is this a situation where he doesn't project to a certain defensive position?
Probably projects as a future DH and thus has a low ceiling. Plus he was not on any draft rankings prior to the season, so a late surge, even though it was an All-American surge, put him towards the back.
12thMan9
AG
FWIW, Boomer White left when he was a 10th Rd. selection that was a tad over $100K back then signing.

So, don't see Frizzell coming back at this point.
Ronnie '88
CapCityAg89
AG
12thMan9 said:

FWIW, Boomer White left when he was a 10th Rd. selection that was a tad over $100K back then signing.

So, don't see Frizzell coming back at this point.

Lefty is (and should be) gone. Really can only hurt himself coming back. He was likely gone even before this great season.
Mr.Ackar07
Brandon Birdsell (2019 RHP) was taken in the 11th round
213 Grove
AG
Ugh hard for me to watch. My brother in law is the only First Team All-American still not drafted. Getting nervous...
Mr.Ackar07
Jozwiak to the Marlins!
12thMan9
AG
Who is he? Sorry if you listed him somewhere else.
Ronnie '88
Ag 11
AG
Hunter Wells?
213 Grove
AG
Ag 11 said:

Hunter Wells?
Yes.

How does no one select a First Team All American that batted .385 with 14 bombs?
Secolobo
AG
Wow. Yeah, I'd like to know too.
213 Grove
AG
Secolobo said:

Had the second most hits in the entire nation...undrafted. unbelievable.
powerbelly
AG
213 Grove said:

Ag 11 said:

Hunter Wells?
Yes.

How does no one select a First Team All American that batted .385 with 14 bombs?
It's probably a combination of age and size. Someone will still give him a shot.
213 Grove
AG
powerbelly said:

213 Grove said:

Ag 11 said:

Hunter Wells?
Yes.

It's probably a combination of age and size. Someone will still give him a shot.
I figured he would fall down into the later rounds because of that but to go undrafted just seems absurd
powerbelly
AG
213 Grove said:

powerbelly said:

213 Grove said:

Ag 11 said:

Hunter Wells?
Yes.

I figured he would fall down into the later rounds because of that but to go undrafted just seems absurd
Mike Piazza was a 62nd round pick. Hopefully, he will get a chace.
themissinglink
AG
213 Grove said:

Secolobo said:

That sucks. You would think someone would take a flyer on him. Was his asking price too high?

On another note, if he has another year of eligibility and is looking to perform on a bigger stage, I know of a school that is rebuilding fast and could use him.
Mr.Ackar07
213 Grove
AG
themissinglink said:

213 Grove said:

Secolobo said:

That sucks. You would think someone would take a flyer on him. Was his asking price too high?

On another note, if he has another year of eligibility and is looking to perform on a bigger stage, I know of a school that is rebuilding fast and could use him.

He said no one ever even contacted him. He would sign for a pb&j sandwich just to have a shot. And unfortunately he was a super senior. No more eligibility left
Mr.Ackar07
213 Grove said:

themissinglink said:

213 Grove said:

Secolobo said:

He said no one ever even contacted him. He would sign for a pb&j sandwich just to have a shot. And unfortunately he was a super senior. No more eligibility left
Not sure how it exactly works when it comes to contacting teams about interest, but there is always free agency.
213 Grove
AG
Mr.Ackar07 said:

213 Grove said:

themissinglink said:

213 Grove said:

Secolobo said:

Not sure how it exactly works when it comes to contacting teams about interest, but there is always free agency.

For sure. I think he will sign with a team but after dedicating your whole life to baseball and putting up the numbers he did it's just not the same as hearing your name called on draft day
Mr.Ackar07
adbono
Mr.Ackar07 said:

Logan Henderson too

Logan Henderson signed his minor league deal yesterday. Before the coaching change he said he would not report to campus at A&M. Was hoping to see if anything had changed his mind but we will never know now.
Mr.Ackar07
All Aggie related draftees signed their contracts. I'll update the op when I get a chance.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.