Fire RC, unacceptable

32,608 Views | 226 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Jarrin' Jay
Tamu_mgm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Absolutely unacceptable to lose to acu in anything let alone in baseball. Is this the UCLA sumlin game for RC?

Flat out embarrassing
Captain Pablo
AG
Can't judge a baseball team on one loss to an inferior team. It's baseball. It happens

Good teams can lose to the ACUs of the world

Good teams can lose to the Xaviers of the world

Good teams do not typically lose 3 of 4 to the ACUs and Xaviers of the world

There's obviously a problem, and IMO recruiting is the root of it

The baseball board "experts" have tee'd off for years every time it's brought up, but there is a lot of local and regional talent that ends up elsewhere.

As for firing a coach before the season is over, I don't rule that out.

If you think a head coach is the problem, and is impeding success and development, then I don't think it hurts to let him go and hand it over to an assistant to finish the season. Maybe it could be the spark that is needed. Then you make a more permanent decision in May

Sometimes you just want to salvage a season, even if you know a permanent change is coming. It's doesn't cost
You anything and it might breathe life into the club

I'm not arguing for, or against it in our situation.

I just think that people are typically overly and reflexively averse to the idea, When in some situations, it might be a good thing
GEA89
AG
It's long overdue, COVID saved him last season, Rob is on borrowed time as it is. The contract is up this year and I sure hope we have our next guy lined up
Warsteiner
How many college baseball coaches are let go mid season? Can't think of one.
I don't think RC should be shown the door before the season ends, but I DO think we need new blood
2020P.O.
Seems a lot of big D1 teams are losing to....scrubs. Ou lost to SFA last night, I'm pretty sure SFA plays in a parkiing lot. .(..glad we don't play them)

But back to the Aggies......pitching outside of 2 or 3 individuals looks a mess right now. You shouldn't be giving up 10 and 6 run games to Xavier and ACUs of the world. If you can't dominate lineups to these teams what's going to happen...like say this weekend when you play decent teams?

Hitting.......there is none. Only reason we were in the Xavier games was because of the boatload of walks we got. Bunting looks like 8yr olds out there trying to bunt.....I don't like bunting usually - but we're not just giving away outs, we're giving away at bats as well.
skins74
AG
If our hitters can't handle Abilene Christian pitching, what will they look like when they see LSU or Miss State or any other SEC school??? Won't be pretty.
Buck Turgidson
RC has to go. NOW. One more underachiever milking our school for money year after year, while never delivering. He simply is not capable of delivering an SEC championship, much less a CWS championship.
Aggies2009
AG
Buck Turgidson said:

RC has to go. NOW. One more underachiever milking our school for money year after year, while never delivering. He simply is not capable of delivering an SEC championship, much less a CWS championship.

...you know he's won an SEC Championship, right?
rather be fishing
AG
Captain Pablo said:

Can't judge a baseball team on one loss to an inferior team. It's baseball. It happens

The baseball board "experts" have tee'd off for years every time it's brought up, but there is a lot of local and regional talent that ends up elsewhere.

If you think a head coach is the problem, and is impeding success and development, then I don't think it hurts to let him go and hand it over to an assistant to finish the season. Maybe it could be the spark that is needed. Then you make a more permanent decision in May

Sometimes you just want to salvage a season, even if you know a permanent change is coming. It's doesn't cost

I just think that people are typically overly and reflexively averse to the idea, When in some situations, it might be a good thing

As we enter the bottom of the 10th against Tarleton, are you kiddi6ng this team off it's performance yet?
Captain Pablo
AG
rather be fishing said:

Captain Pablo said:

As we enter the bottom of the 10th against Tarleton, are you kiddi6ng this team off it's performance yet?

Huh?

Also, we won
Aggieranger
Captain Pablo said:

rather be fishing said:

Captain Pablo said:

Huh?

Also, we won

But it took 10 innings to beat, Tarleton? Typically this would be a 7-0, 10-0 type of game with 2nd stringers playing
alvtimes
Tarleton lost like 14-1 the night before to UTA ... got like 3 hits
85AustinAg
AG
If it put us first in line to get the best guy out there to make a change during the season I'd be all for it. Not sure that's the case though. I think you can begin looking even while RC's finishing his term.
rather be fishing
AG
Captain Pablo said:

rather be fishing said:

Captain Pablo said:

Huh?

Also, we won
that should have been "are you judging this team off it's performance yet?" Cell phone + fat fingers.
Captain Pablo
AG
rather be fishing said:

Captain Pablo said:

rather be fishing said:

Captain Pablo said:

Huh?

Also, we won
that should have been "are you judging this team off it's performance yet?" Cell phone + fat fingers.

Yes

That has nothing to do with the fact that I like it when we win, and I don't like it when we lose

Wins are good things, losses are bad things

That is not inconsistent with a realization that we are performing rather poorly so far this year

I will be happy if that changes

I will be unhappy if we continue losing
Potcake
AG
Is this the Maroon Dawn Enthusiasts Club?
I already have a dog
AG
Only time you fire a coach mid-season is if the team has quit on them or they've done something off the field that requires an immediate response. As frustrating as this season has been (last night not withstanding) neither of these apply, so let him finish the season.
Burrus86
AG
I know it's early in the season, but for this weekend, this thread is not aging well.
GEA89
AG
Burrus86 said:

I know it's early in the season, but for this weekend, this thread is not aging well.

Actually it's proving that Rob did not have his program ready to play and screwed the teams RPI losing to scrubs in Xavier and Abilene Christian, thank God we won in extras against Tarleton, and ruined the season out the gate....
Aggies2009
AG
The season is not ruined lmao

If you believe that, why are you still posting here?! Seasons over, after all.
The Good Aggieboy19
aginlakeway
AG
GEA89 said:

Burrus86 said:

Actually it's proving that Rob did not have his program ready to play and screwed the teams RPI losing to scrubs in Xavier and Abilene Christian, thank God we won in extras against Tarleton, and ruined the season out the gate....

The season is not ruined. But I'm not surprised you have this kind of attitude.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
aginlakeway
AG
Aggies2009 said:

The season is not ruined lmao

If you believe that, why are you still posting here?! Seasons over, after all.
His posting slows down when we win ... in any sport.

Miserable poster. Eeyore was more optimistic about life.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
Sandman98
AG
Captain Pablo said:

rather be fishing said:

Captain Pablo said:

rather be fishing said:

Captain Pablo said:

Huh?

Also, we won

Yes

That has nothing to do with the fact that I like it when we win, and I don't like it when we lose

That is not inconsistent with a realization that we are performing rather poorly so far this year

Pablo is at least temporarily happy.
Captain Pablo
AG
Sandman98 said:

Captain Pablo said:

rather be fishing said:

Captain Pablo said:

rather be fishing said:

Captain Pablo said:

Huh?

Also, we won

Yes

Beating OU helps
bv86ag
AG
I think we will find out about this team very shortly...as soon as end of March.
I picked Ags to go 0-3 in Round Rock due to the absolute debacle of the first week at home. Some folks said 2-1 as they advised Baylol and OU suck this year.
I still have difficulty wiping Xavier, ACU, and even Tarleton out of memory.
The level of competition in March is about to get serious...so we will find out soon enough.
I wish Ags all the best...but if you are a RC apologist or sunshine pumper...i wouldn't get too giddy over the last 2 games.
Long season ahead. Next 30 days will tell the story.
greg.w.h
AG
bv86ag said:

I think we will find out about this team very shortly...as soon as end of March.
I picked Ags to go 0-3 in Round Rock due to the absolute debacle of the first week at home. Some folks said 2-1 as they advised Baylol and OU suck this year.
The level of competition in March is about to get serious...so we will find out soon enough.
I wish Ags all the best...but if you are a RC apologist or sunshine pumper...i wouldn't get too giddy over the last 2 games.
Opposing firing RC after three games isn't apologizing or pumping.
RangerRick9211
AG
Who are you ranting at?

SEC is again, as has been for our tenure, very strong. Baseball is a weird sport. We won't know it all until the end. Good teams lose. Good teams get hot. That's why baseball is best. Anyone has a shot on any given day.
Aggies2009
AG
Sandman98 said:

Captain Pablo said:

rather be fishing said:

Captain Pablo said:

rather be fishing said:

Captain Pablo said:

Huh?

Also, we won

Yes

Pablo has always been super fair and level-headed in his criticisms.
Sandman98
AG
Aggies2009 said:

Sandman98 said:

Captain Pablo said:

rather be fishing said:

Captain Pablo said:

rather be fishing said:

Captain Pablo said:

Huh?

Also, we won

Yes

Pablo has always been super fair and level-headed in his criticisms.

I like Pablo, too. He's measured and prepared in his RC bashings. All alone, surrounded by the utterly clueless.
terata
AG
Agreed. Then RC needs to go.
Tex100
AG
bv86ag said:

. If you look at TexAgs staff predictions, they don't expect a great year.
Tamu_mgm
AG
Is it a good thing that we had to come back in order to scrape by mighty Incarnate Word?
Jarrin' Jay
AG
Tamu_mgm said:

Is it a good thing that we had to come back in order to scrape by mighty Incarnate Word?

A W is always good. It's not like we are a terrible team, when you consider there are 300 D1 baseball teams and we are in the Top 100, but this team may not be one of the top 64 to make a regional tournament.....

Looking at our SEC competition and peer teams in the state, we are clearly well below average. Even Alabama who does not have much baseball history is good this year. I would be shocked if we don't finish last in the SEC West.
aginlakeway
AG
Tamu_mgm said:

Not a shock. They beat both us and Texas in 2019.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.