Opening Weekend in the SEC (2/19 - 2/22)

5,863 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Luke The Drifter
jkag89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Other Sunday Top 25 Scores
San Francisco 8 - #2 UCLA 3
Bellarmine 1 - #5 Louisville 13
Santa Clara 4 - #11 California-Santa Barbara 5
Davidson 3 - #13 North Carolina St. 13
Davidson 4 - #13 North Carolina St. 6 (DH)
#14 West Virginia 3 - Georgia St. 2
Eastern Kentucky 1 - #15 Georgia Tech 7
Connecticut 2 - #16 Virginia 4
Northeastern 14 - #17 Wake Forest 11
#20 Okie State 3 - Wichita St. 1
Ball St. 5 - #22 Arizona 2
North Florida 7 - #24 Florida St. 14
Rhode Island 4 - #25 East Carolina 12
PhatMack19
AG
SEC is 5-1 vs the Big 12 in Arlington with 3 games left to play today.

Monday February 22nd
11:00 AM #7 Mississippi St. vs #3 tech
2:30 PM #6 Ole Miss vs #9 t..u.
6:30 PM # 8 Arkansas vs #10 TCU
AggieFrog
AG
It's been a fun tournament - was at all the games the first two days.

I will say the sips' crowd was pretty underwhelming compared to the rest. Fewer of them and they have been pretty quiet.
Luke The Drifter
AG
PhatMack19 said:

Monday February 22nd

Interesting how the Rangers and/or Globe Life were able to secure such a high level field while the Astros/Minute Maid regularly have to rely on teams like Sam Houston, Texas State, and a declining Rice program to fill out the docket.
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
Luke The Drifter
AG
I mean...look at this slate. Just about as underwhelming as you can get.

TCU, SHSU, A&M-CC, Tech, TxState, and Rice
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
src94
AG
PhatMack19 said:

Monday February 22nd
State takes it 11-5 vs. the tortilla tossers.
SEC 6 - BigXII 1
src94
PhatMack19
AG
PhatMack19 said:

#1 Florida and #2 UCLA both lost their opening series.

#3 Texas Tech went 0-3
jkag89
PhatMack19 said:

PhatMack19 said:

#1 Florida and #2 UCLA both lost their opening series.

#3 Texas Tech went 0-3
Maybe the tards will be tards and fire Tadlock after all they now have a 5 game losing streak going back to last season. Then again he might not be SEC material, all five of those losses to the SEC; 3 to MSU and one each to the Hawgs and Ole Miss.
PhatMack19
AG
Ole Miss leads tu 8-1 in the 9th. tu has scored 4 runs this weekend.
AggieFrog
AG
Ole Miss just beat tu 8-1. Arkansas beat the sips last night.

jkag89
As did sippy. BDF 1 - 7 against the SEC in Arlington with the Frogs and Hawgs to play this evening.
jkag89
AggieFrog, have the given a game time for the night cap?
AggieFrog
AG
7:38 is what they announced here.
jkag89
Thanks!
AggieFrog
AG
Ole Miss Twitter is pretty brutal:

PhatMack19
AG
Arky beat TCU 4-1

The BDF went 1-8 in Arlington vs the SEC
RGLAG85
AG
Nice showing by the bdf this weekend.
Thomas Jefferson: "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
jkag89
Other Monday Top 25 Scores
Ball St. 5 - #22 Arizona 11
#20 Okie State 14 - Wichita St. 6
Warsteiner
The SEC going in dry on the big12.
I laugh at this but also cringe thinking we have to play all these teams......
I don't think its gonna be pretty
Agsncws
AG
The Ole Miss twiiter thing is spammed on that same thread 100s of times. Its far from the end of the world, but Im not a fan. Its a tad bit obnoxious for a team that has made Omaha once in 49 years.
Luke The Drifter
AG
Agsncws said:

The Ole Miss twiiter thing is spammed on that same thread 100s of times. Its far from the end of the world, but Im not a fan. Its a tad bit obnoxious for a team that has made Omaha once in 49 years.

You know what Omaha stands for?

O - Ole
M - Miss
A - at
H - home
A - again

LSU Baseball Fan
This past weekend is another classic example of why you can't really judge LSU baseball until SEC play begins. Mainieri gets a hunch about certain players and will experiment in OOC games, even to the direct detriment of our chances to win.

Mainieri wanted to see if one of our pitchers could be a two-way player and started him at 3B. He proceeded to make 3 errors on Sunday, probably should have been 4, that pretty much gave Air Force the game. With a normal 3B, we win that game like 4-1. Then instead of bringing in our All-American closer to win the game in the 9th, we used a true freshman and our 15th best pitcher who proceeded to walk a bunch of guys and allow Air Force to win the game. We'll do stuff like this all the time early in the season. It's frustrating to lose games like that, but as long as this team is ready to gel by April, there's a method to Mainieri's madness. I've seen it happen enough times to not worry at all about an opening week loss to Air Force.

LaTech will be a scary team this year. I can easily see them win around 50 games and be a nightmare 2-seed in someone's regional. Senior-heavy lineup that can really hit. They remind me a lot of 2016 Coastal Carolina.
Luke The Drifter
AG
LSU Baseball Fan said:

This past weekend is another classic example of why you can't really judge LSU baseball until SEC play begins. Mainieri gets a hunch about certain players and will experiment in OOC games, even to the direct detriment of our chances to win.

Mainieri wanted to see if one of our pitchers could be a two-way player and started him at 3B. He proceeded to make 3 errors on Sunday, probably should have been 4, that pretty much gave Air Force the game. With a normal 3B, we win that game like 4-1. Then instead of bringing in our All-American closer to win the game in the 9th, we used a true freshman and our 15th best pitcher who proceeded to walk a bunch of guys and allow Air Force to win the game. We'll do stuff like this all the time early in the season. It's frustrating to lose games like that, but as long as this team is ready to gel by April, there's a method to Mainieri's madness. I've seen it happen enough times to not worry at all about an opening week loss to Air Force.

LaTech will be a scary team this year. I can easily see them win around 50 games and be a nightmare 2-seed in someone's regional. Senior-heavy lineup that can really hit. They remind me a lot of 2016 Coastal Carolina.

I completely get this. Back when A&M was good, it seemed we did a lot of this as well. What infuriated me was when we'd have a good run through the Big 12 or SEC schedule, but the early season losses to Northern Colorado or Illinois-Chicago or Incarnate Word or Sacramento State put such a hickey on our RPI, it seemed to be the difference between hosting or not...or being a national seed or not.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.