Anatomy Of A Prospect: A&M's Asa Lacy

3 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by twk
Jugstore Cowboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://d1baseball.com/analysis/drivelines-anatomy-of-a-prospect-texas-ams-asa-lacy

Quote:

One of the main attractions in 2020's all-too-short college baseball season was Texas A&M star pitcher and lefthander Asa Lacy. A potential top pick in this year's draft, Lacy has climbed draft boards since his arrival at A&M in the fall of 2017.

In this Driveline Player Profile, we'll take a closer look at Lacy's success

Quote:

With added velocity and a more complete arsenal, Lacy's abbreviated 2020 performance was in a class of its own, posting an excellent 0.75 ERA (1.57 FIP) in 24 innings, while striking out half the batters he faced (a 15% increase from his sophomore year). He also slashed his BB% from 11.6% in 2019 to 8.6%, and limited batters to a .177 wOBA against.

Texas A&M fans and scouts may have missed out on witnessing another career year from Lacy, but we can look at his pitch metrics more closely to evaluate what contributed to his dominant rise in the SEC.
Much, much more at the link.
ClassOf17
Just came across this article on ESPN.

https://www.mlb.com/news/asa-lacy-draft-prospect-draws-aroldis-chapman-comparisons
Goro Majima
AG
I remember watching him in action for the first time during a blowout of Cornell in 2018 and I thought then and there:

This kid is gonna be really ****ing good.
twk
AG
I remember Asa from the first time I saw him pitch, which was at a Fall world series game when he was a true freshman. It's unusual for me to get to make one of these, but the schedule worked out right, and I wanted to see this other kid, whose name escapes me, that was considered the big catch out of the recruiting class. I can't remember if that kid ever pitched, but I remember being impressed by some kid named Asa.

Not getting to see him finish out this year was just crushing. Hopefully, he has the kind of pro career that we all expect. He deserves it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.