***Official Aggies vs. 2020 MLB Draft Thread***

10,958 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Mr.Ackar07
Mr.Ackar07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No recruits were picked. Still the option for any eligible player to sign for $20,000 max. We'll see if there are any takers.
2020P.O.
That recruiting class looks a lot better comparably now that everyone will make it in. Going to be a great year!
W
AG
Congratulations to DeLoach.

that Cape Cod summer season made him his money. Mega-kudos to his Cape Cod coaching staff.

and not so kudos to...well, I guess that's a subject for another thread...yeah
Agsncws
AG
I dont know that we see a lot of guys sign for the $20K amount, but I'll be interested to see who / how many jump to the JUCO route to retain quicker draft eligibility.
Mr.Ackar07
https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/2020-mlb-undrafted-free-agent-tracker-agreements-for-all-30-teams/

Baseball America is keeping track of all non-drafted players that have signed free agent contracts limited to $20,000. So far, there are a few SEC players that have already signed offers.
PhatMack19
AG
Wow. Remind me not to hire his agent

W
AG
I'd say its upwards of 15 SEC players that have signed for $20k.

wonder how many have already graduated...or blew off the spring semester grade-wise...or got the lead handshake from the head coach
Mr.Ackar07
Asa Lacy signs for $6.67 million!

https://www.royalsreview.com/2020/6/23/21300824/royals-agree-to-terms-with-asa-lacy-entire-2020-draft-class

ptothemo
AG
Welp, I guess he's not coming back. I feel like it would have been a tough call if they only offered him 6.62 or something like that.
src94
AG
Good for Asa! Gig'em.
Really feel deprived of getting to enjoy watching him and the rest of the team this spring.
src94
Mr.Ackar07
Mr.Ackar07
https://www.coalvalleynews.com/sports/reds-sign-hendricks-other-draft-picks/article_f2c1b83f-348e-5c0c-91e8-19aef662e0cb.html

Quote:

The savings from the under-slot signings could help the Reds land second-round choice Christian Roa, a right-handed pitcher from Texas A&M, and third-round pick Jackson Miller, a catcher from J.W. Mitchell High School in New Port Richey, Florida. Roa is expected to sign for slot ($1.54 million) or near slot. Miller, who committed to play at Wake Forest, probably will require an over-slot deal, more than $1.03 million.
Mr.Ackar07
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.