***2020 Aggie Softball Season Thread***

45,825 Views | 291 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BigBubbaAggie82
Colt98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
At least they will get to play and we have the sec network. And espn plus
Rambotx
Rambotx
WHAT THEY SAID

Head Coach Jo Evans
On her takeaway from the win
"We can win in different ways. You look at this previous weekend, we scored a bunch of runs. It's good to know that we can pitch and play defense to win a close game like this. I think this is a really important win for us. It's a valuable experience for our kids."

On Hannah Mayo
"She's getting better and better. We red-shirted her in her freshman year, because I wanted her to be able to develop. That's what she's doing. For her to be able to come out, pound the strike zone and attack hitters, you can see that she's growing into that pitcher."

On Coach Craig Snider's impact
"You think about how mental hitting is. I'm sure Yogi Berra has got tons of quotes about that. I do think that when you're at the plate and you have a plan, as opposed to thinking about your mechanics, you're going to be a more effective hitter. I think that our kids are really learning how to have an approach at the plate, how to stick to a plan and how to adjust a plan in-game. I think Coach Snider does that really well."

Sophomore pitcher Hannah Mayo
On her approach for the last two batters
"Nothing changes. I make it a point of focus to keep the same mindset when it comes to aggression, especially when it's in relief. It doesn't matter whether it's the start of a new inning or with the bases loaded. Being in this relief role, I've had a lot of opportunities to get comfortable with runners on and with that high-pressure situation. I felt ready for it and welcomed this opportunity tonight with open arms."

On her success
"I've been putting in a lot of work, after hours and behind the scenes. If you have an ounce of doubt in yourself, I feel like that's corrected in preparation. I've felt extremely prepared and I'm waiting on my next opportunity."
Belton Ag
AG
Colt98 said:

At least they will get to play and we have the sec network. And espn plus
I look for the remainder of the season to be either cancelled or postponed.
98Mom03
NOT NOW!!! Hopefully March 30 things will be different!
Captn_Ag05
AG
So, does Jo get another season out of this?
BigBubbaAggie82
Captn_Ag05 said:

The biggest question of the day. Let's hope Bjork uses this time wisely to evaluate and replace.
Rambotx
BigBubbaAggie82 said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

The biggest question of the day. Let's hope Bjork uses this time wisely to evaluate and replace.
I believe it depends if the 2020 softball season is allowed to continue.
Rambotx
BigBubbaAggie82
Looks like its not over for our seniors yet
Marvin
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

I don't know if she'll be back, but if so she hit the hot seat exacta with the AD change last year and now the season cancellation. Go to Vegas with her when it opens back up, haha.
BigBubbaAggie82
Senior Spotlight: Aggie Softball's Kelbi Fortenberry hoping for a second senior season
BigBubbaAggie82

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.