watching the tech game

8,738 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Billy Heywood
la_guns
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Texas Tech has the best baseball, men's basketball and men's track team in the state of Texas. Now they need to get their football team to start winning 7-8 games per year and its on. The thing is is that it has not taken them anytime at all to improve especially with basketball and baseball.
dermdoc
AG
You know, I have tried to pull for tech because they were not near as petty and spiteful as the sips and cubbies when we left. But then you watch a game and hear and watch their fans(and not talking about the special needs guy)and reality steps in and I just can not pull for them.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dermdoc
AG
Serious question, why do your fans act the way they do at games?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TAMU1990
AG
TTUgc said:

RGLAG85 said:

TTUgc said:

I know you all don't know, and definitely don't know the use of your standard, juvenile "tard" response is really not appropriate here.

His name is Eric, and he is a mentally disabled fan that dresses up and attends every home Tech event he can with his mom. Alumni have taken turns purchasing season tickets for him and his family so he can attend these games.
Thanks tard!

Eh, not surprised. 8th grade response from a - mostly - immature fan base. Enjoy your summer home before you head back to school.

That's awesome!
Ragoo
AG
la_guns said:

Texas Tech has the best baseball, men's basketball and men's track team in the state of Texas. Now they need to get their football team to start winning 7-8 games per year and its on. The thing is is that it has not taken them anytime at all to improve especially with basketball and baseball.
coaching matters. Tadlock has been great. Tech baseball is nothing outside the last 7 years.

Additionally Beard has been at tech for 3 years and has had great success.

Let's see how long it lasts.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Wendy 1990 said:

TTUgc said:

RGLAG85 said:

TTUgc said:

I know you all don't know, and definitely don't know the use of your standard, juvenile "tard" response is really not appropriate here.

His name is Eric, and he is a mentally disabled fan that dresses up and attends every home Tech event he can with his mom. Alumni have taken turns purchasing season tickets for him and his family so he can attend these games.
Thanks tard!

Eh, not surprised. 8th grade response from a - mostly - immature fan base. Enjoy your summer home before you head back to school.

That's awesome!

A Tech fan calling another fanbase immature?? Oh, that's rich.
trouble
AG
Just bless his precious little heart
TAMU1990
AG
Yelnick McWawa said:

Wendy 1990 said:

TTUgc said:

RGLAG85 said:

TTUgc said:

Thanks tard!

That's awesome!

A Tech fan calling another fanbase immature?? Oh, that's rich.
I'm talking about the special needs kid getting tickets to go to athletic events. That's good bull - regardless of the school.
dermdoc
AG
and everybody on here agrees. What is not good is tech fans using this to excuse their fans bad behavior.
jkag89
dermdoc said:

You know, I have tried to pull for tech because they were not near as petty and spiteful as the sips and cubbies when we left. But then you watch a game and hear and watch their fans(and not talking about the special needs guy)and reality steps in and I just can not pull for them.
Agree 100% doc. Respect Tadlock and kudos for the success he has brought to Lubbock but I just can not bring myself to pull for tech and they're even playing Okie State, the one Big 8 baseball program I came to despise.
dermdoc
AG
Every fan base helps special need kids. Every fan base does not drop fbombs on my 80 y/o mom.

Strive for honor.
Hamburger Dan
Every fan bases has *******s. That is a small part of what makes a good rivalry. On to the game this afternoon. The wind is running about 30-35 out of the north - there could be some bombs hit. Should be a good contest.
8T2
iluvpoker said:

Like I said originally it's like a steakhouse saying that except for our steaks the rest of our food is pretty good.

If it was called the Football Department, your analogy might apply. It's not.
dermdoc
AG
Hamburger Dan said:

Every fan bases has *******s. That is a small part of what makes a good rivalry. On to the game this afternoon. The wind is running about 30-35 out of the north - there could be some bombs hit. Should be a good contest.
Yep. But the tech fan base is special. Ask anybody who has played in Lubbock. Go cowboys!
dermdoc
AG
8T2 said:

iluvpoker said:

Like I said originally it's like a steakhouse saying that except for our steaks the rest of our food is pretty good.

So if I own a business and 99% of the profits comes from the sales department yet I still call it Dermdoc industries, what does that mean? The liberal bone is strong in you sir.
DGAG92
AG
4 trips to Omaha in the last 6 years......Texas ****ing Tech. Let that sink in while some still defend Childress.
Class of 1992
iluvpoker
Dgrimesag92 said:

4 trips to Omaha in the last 6 years......Texas ****ing Tech. Let that sink in while some still defend Childress.

I don't care about trips to Omaha. I don't care about whether a coach has won a game in Omaha. All I care about is national titles. I will take Andy Lopez over Mike Martin any day of the week. For the same reason I would take Gene Chizik over Kevin Sumlin. I would rather be inconsistent but win a title or several, than be consistently good but never win the title.

Further, now that the NCAA gerrymanders the bracket to aid the Big 12 and Pac 12 in getting a team to Omaha, the number of trips a team from those conferences means even less to me.
iluvpoker
8T2 said:

iluvpoker said:

What sport generates the money? What sport generates the eyeballs? What sport has a higher attendance at a spring practice game than we will ever have at a game at Reed arena or Olsen field? A spring practice game!!!!

Why did the Big 10 go after Nebraska? Why do they have zero interest in Kansas, which has one of the greatest basketball programs in the country?

The answer is football.

I'm one of the few people that watch college football, baseball and men's basketball. Most people stop watching college sports in January and , except for a week or 2 in March because they have an office bracket contest, don't watch college sports again until September. They can't even tell you who won the natty last March in hoops, but they can tell you who won the last 10 nattys in football.

You can shoot the messenger but you can't change the reality of college sports.
GoAgs92
AG
iluvpoker said:

8T2 said:

iluvpoker said:

M

What sport generates the money? What sport generates the eyeballs? What sport has a higher attendance at a spring practice game than we will ever have at a game at Reed arena or Olsen field? A spring practice game!!!!

Why did the Big 10 go after Nebraska? Why do they have zero interest in Kansas, which has one of the greatest basketball programs in the country?

The answer is football.

I'm one of the few people that watch college football, baseball and men's basketball. Most people stop watching college sports in January and , except for a week or 2 in March because they have an office bracket contest, don't watch college sports again until September. They can't even tell you who won the natty last March in hoops, but they can tell you who won the last 10 nattys in football.

You can shoot the messenger but you can't change the reality of college sports.
Thanks Captain Obvious.

Crowing about going 8 - 4 in football is sad.
rockylarues
iluvpoker said:

Dgrimesag92 said:

I don't care about trips to Omaha. I don't care about whether a coach has won a game in Omaha. All I care about is national titles. I will take Andy Lopez over Mike Martin any day of the week. For the same reason I would take Gene Chizik over Kevin Sumlin. I would rather be inconsistent but win a title or several, than be consistently good but never win the title.

Further, now that the NCAA gerrymanders the bracket to aid the Big 12 and Pac 12 in getting a team to Omaha, the number of trips a team from those conferences means even less to me.
You think the NCAA is trying to make sure a Big 12 team makes it? Weird. Most people complain when two teams of the same conference are aligned in the supers because it also guarantees at least one is eliminated. You also remember not that long ago (2016) 3 of 8 teams in the CWS were B12? Not bad for a 10 team conference.

For all the other arguments on here, I get it. It is hard to compliment a rival's athletic department. Do we wish that football were better? Absolutely. But that doesn't take the shine off of the spring semester we are having. As far as the Aggie athletic department, any complaints you guys have are basically first world problems. It's not like you're not competitive. Lots of schools would kill to have RC, so if you are in a position where his accomplishments are not adequate, that's a good place to be.

I tip my cap in return. Seriously.
la_guns
[You are not, for a while anyway--Staff]
Billy Heywood
Good year for Red Raiders. Track, basketball, now baseball. TTU Athletics making some noise.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.