Pitcher Tomorrow

8,607 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TAL06RES
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I dont recall Rob's MO other than always putching his #1 in game 1, but surely we have to pitch someone other than As a tomorrow to give us a chance of a deep run? With our lack of run support, we can't waste Asa against Fordham. If we lose tomorrow throwing Roa, we deserve to be knocked out anyways.
trouble
AG
I'm expecting Roa or Weber
twk
AG
No. It will be Asa. With Roa and Weber after that
Leander - Ag
AG
But can we score a run?
Serious Lee
i dont disagree, but if you go 0-2 without even giving one of your co-aces a chance to pitch, you are going to have alot more questions to answer as a manager. Easy decision for us fans whose job aint on the line.
BanderaAg956
Leander - Ag said:

But can we score a run?
Ding, ding, ding.... we have a well... would have been a winner with runs scored...this is the question.
Lance Uppercut
AG
Should be someone other than Lacy. I'd go with Roa.
Reno Hightower
Pitching doesn't matter if you can't score runs.
Wicked Good Ag
Who cares if we go 0-2 or 2-2 we still have two losses and are out

You pitch Roa or maybe even Dustin if against Fordham and save Lacy

If WV is who we play you pitch Lacy because they would be pitching their ace to survive so we pitch our best. I would hate to lose Lacy and Dox and still have at least three more to win with the bats the way they are
We can win three with our bullpen and Weber and Lacy and possibly even Roa provided we hit with runners on base. The first inning set the tone. We go up 2-0 after one and I think Dox pitches an entirely different game.

But RC will likely play to win one at a time thus Lacy
Jarrin' Jay
AG
The bigger ? is whomever pitches, do we let him bat to improve the lineup and increase our chances of scoring (when it matters)..

Clown_World
You start Lacy 100%.

We can't score. Leaves you no room to try to play with the rotation.
Ags77
AG
I would guess Asa. I doubt Rob, or any coach, would want to go home with his best guy not pitching.
Gigem
twk
AG
You pitch Asa tomorrow and hope that he can get you deeper than he has recently and save your bullpen, because to win this thing, you have to win 2 games on Sunday. If we get by tomorrow, we will need the bullpen likely in both games on Sunday behind Roa and Weber, then if you get to Monday, it's Johnny Fullstaff.
tam2002
AG
It will be Lacy. You can't go 0-2 and not have him throw a pitch
atm0812
AG
Does anyone think the WVU or Duke 3&4 pitchers will be better than Roa and Weber? If not, we project to have the pitching advantage in those games anyway. Give yourself the best chance to keep playing, and hope that these other staffs fall apart as they go deeper into the weekend.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Quote:

i dont disagree, but if you go 0-2 without even giving one of your co-aces a chance to pitch, you are going to have alot more questions to answer as a manager. Easy decision for us fans whose job aint on the line.

You might get the local press up in arms, and maybe a story or 2 from the national media. Everyone who actually follows understands the reasoning.Winners play to win, not protect their jobs. Losers keep Pedro Martinez in after 120 pitches.

I will go on the record and say I will defend the decision to hold back Asa against Fordham.
AG
We need to win 4 straight. We should have an 80% chance of winning tomorrow even if we pitch Roa/Weber. We NEED Asa later against the 2 better teams or else we'll have no chance of winning consecutive games against teams that can score. Pitching Asa tomorrow to me means that Rob is just striving to not go 2 and Q. If you want a chance of getting out of this regional, you save Asa for when he is truly needed.
I already have a dog
AG
At the moment Fordham is up on WV. If that holds we start Asa tomorrow and the countdown thread the next day.
TMF
AG
24601 said:

We need to win 4 straight. We should have an 80% chance of winning tomorrow even if we pitch Roa/Weber. We NEED Asa later against the 2 better teams or else we'll have no chance of winning consecutive games against teams that can score. Pitching Asa tomorrow to me means that Rob is just striving to not go 2 and Q. If you want a chance of getting out of this regional, you save Asa for when he is truly needed.

I would agree if we had some bats. It's hard when the pitching staff has to be perfect. I think Asa with the hope we can then advance wooing against lesser pitchers.
W
AG
honestly...I don't think it matters who the Ags start.

have to win 4 games in 3 days now --- usually have to slug your way out of the loser's bracket
Bondag
AG
Asa can pitch 9 innings tomorrow and save Bullpen. Hopefully bats give us runs to go to some lower guys if needed, but need to win tomorrow to start thinking about Sunday.
HoustonAg2106
AG
At this point RC is trying to save embarrassment, Lacy for sure tomorrow...and Roa can beat Duke's number 3...

Edit... or West Virginia's number 3 too
aggietony2010
AG
I think we actually do have the pitching to climb out of the losers bracket. I can see us holding teams to 4 or under over 4 games.

Unfortunately we'd likely just put up 2, 1, 2, and 0 runs.
God save the Patriarchy!
Serious Lee
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

I will go on the record and say I will defend the decision to hold back Asa against Fordham.
i would defend it too, but keep in mind, we have one of the top 5 largest fanbases in the collegiate world so there will be lot of varying opinions and unfortunately with that many people there are quite a few ignoramuses...many of which have found their way into money and influential positions. Just look at the guy who ran woodward off
threeanout
AG
If you want want to win a game.....start Asa.....if you think you can win the tourney start Weber or Roa.
AG
SBDavis87 said:

this team can no longer put two straight wins together, much less four.

wva will win their host regional and then when they mock aggie supporters at the park by chanting SEC, SEC and taunt rc, he'll say something real engaged like, "we should have played better." To which some super intelligent aggie fan base representative on here will say, "wow, he's right - let's give him a contract extension because after all he's done the past 14 years we're lucky to have him".....just then an equally dynamic and super intelligent aggie fan base representative will say, "he's a nice man". A&M will then go on to play for another 100 years without winning a CWS game....

This man has been paying attention. This is how we do it.
AG
threeanout said:

If you want want to win a game.....start Asa.....if you think you can win the tourney start Weber or Roa.

It's all academic at this point, isn't it?

I mean, unless they let us start using tees at the plate, this team will never score enough runs to win more than one or two games.
BeatHellOutOfTU
AG
I say we pitch Weber tomorrow
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
tam2002 said:

It will be Lacy. You can't go 0-2 and not have him throw a pitch

Who ducking cares if we lose this game or the next game or the next game after that? It's the same outcome: no super.
We have to win 4 games to win the regional and that's the goal and whatever gives us the best chance to do that is what we should do. Pitch your #3 tomorrow. If our number #3 can't beat Fordhams #2, we deserve to go home
Agsuffering@bulaw
Our pitching depth is good enough to do this. Fordham has 1 good RP and no good SPs remaining. Duke has 2 good RPs and no good starters. WV has 3 good RPs and will be out of good SPs. Duke is an average offensive team. The other 2 are below average.

The plan needs to be focused on giving us the best chance of surviving until Monday. We cannot use 4-5 pitchers in the first Sunday game and hope to win the second.

Yes, I realize this is academic since RC doesn't have the stones to hold Asa back.
twk
AG
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

Our pitching depth is good enough to do this. Fordham has 1 good RP and no good SPs remaining. Duke has 2 good RPs and no good starters. WV has 3 good RPs and will be out of good SPs. Duke is an average offensive team. The other 2 are below average.

The plan needs to be focused on giving us the best chance of surviving until Monday. We cannot use 4-5 pitchers in the first Sunday game and hope to win the second.

Yes, I realize this is academic since RC doesn't have the stones to hold Asa back.

The only way we make it through is if Asa, Roa, and Weber all give us quality starts. I fail to see what is so magical about switching the order. Roa shut down Vandy and Arkansas. Weber took a no hitter into the 8th against UGA in his last start. Based on recent form, Asa against Fordham makes all the sense in the world. We need Asa to go dominate Fordham, save the bullpen for a doubleheader Sunday, and maybe take some pressure off the hitters.
Alpha Texan
AG
Asa might not get to pitch if he doesn't do it tomorrow. When you're one loss away, you play to the next day. I want to take the risk and throw Weber but no, pitch Asa. Win tomorrow. Worry about game 3 once we know we can play it
Chuck Gay
AG
If we were a better hitting team, you might roll the dice but given tomorrow's game could be a 1-0 or 2-1 type game, I think you have to start Lacy.
Texags Meltdown
AG
If Roa/Weber can't beat Fordham they aren't beating Duke or WVU. I'm an RC supporter but if he chooses Lacy tomorrow I don't know if I can keep supporting him
Basketball and Chain
AG
I'd start Lacy. Can't count on us hitting and can't go home without throwing him.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.