Softball regional

15,218 Views | 94 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by sharpdressedman
Buford T. Justice
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That run down play that took place late in the game told me all that I need to know about the program.

That's a basic level process, and it was executed poorly.
Stone44
AG
We have some talented players that need to be coached up. We need a coach who can recruit elite pitchers and one that can hire the best staff available. It's ridiculous to invest 40 million in a facility and still not be competitive in the SEC. We know what to expect from Jo, and that won't cut it.
Fat Black Swan
AG
CharlieMike said:

Half the team looks grossly out of shape

That's what the numbers say.
APHIS AG
The sips just took game two tonight and must beat Houston, twice.
BadMoonRisin
AG
The two (three) errors that caused runs and the blown pickle shows me that this game is a disgrace to sports. Shut it down.
I know I ain't leavin' you like I know He ain't leavin' us
I know we believe in God and I know God believes in us
Artimus Gordon
You knew the ultimate outcome of the game at the end of the second inning. In big games jo always comes up on the short end of the stick. One thing they need to do is hire Marie osmond as the team's nutritionist. It wouldn't hurt to bring in a hitting coach that can teach the team how to get the ball out of the infield!
docb
AG
Que Te Gusta Mas said:

CharlieMike said:

That's why there needs to be a change in recruiting philosophy. Recruit athletic players!
FCBlitz
A coach should be fired losing to t.u.
HiddenAg2
A&M had no business being in the postseason, so losing a close game to a far superior Texas squad isn't terrible. Having no earned runs in 2 games is terrible. This was arguably A&M's worst season in 40 years even though we made the tourney. We missed the tourney several times in the 90s but that was when the field was much smaller than today. Evans will need to show serious improvement in 2020 regardless of the new AD. She might have the hottest seat of any coach next year.
Wicked Good Ag
FCBlitz said:

I will let the new VB coach know of her release from her contract.
Colt98
AG
We have one of the more athletic teams we have had in a long time. We have 4-5 extremely fast girls. In the past the team would only have one or two. We just don't implement an offensive philosophy to utilize this speed. We still play for the home run to bail us out and when we don't get those, we aren't successful.
mullokmotx
AG
I thought Jo should have tried a double steal in the 5th inning with Kelly on 3rd and Kelbi on 1st. They had already committed 2 errors and we can't hit with runners in scoring position. In the 6th inning against houston with 1 out and the bases loaded, Jo pinch hit for Taudrea. Jo should have let her bat but tell Taudrea, who is 5' 4", to not swing and hope for a walk. The pinch hitter swung at 3 breaking balls and missed each one by several inches.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
bookmyer said:

Que Te Gusta Mas said:

CharlieMike said:

That's why there needs to be a change in recruiting philosophy. Recruit athletic players!
Have you guys seen the other teams ? They ALL have hefty players ! There is a reason why there are so

many homers - heft helps !
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
Danny Vermin
FCBlitz said:

This is a dumb post. They are the #9 team in the entire country with a superstar pitcher . What I'm shocked about is Elish has pitched all but 5 innings the entire regional.
PhatMack19
AG
James Madison just double dipped #15 Michigan to advance. They are the only non National Seed to advance.
Danny Vermin
And that pitcher, Megan Good, should be a supermodel.
docb
AG
And she's tall and athletic. More like we need.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Artimus Gordon
Amazing how Show couldn't do this or couldn't do that while she was here at A&M but goes to okie state where they have a good coach and is having a helluva Senior season. Good for her.

Meanwhile Jo is reassigning coaches looking to hire two more after they had been let go and checking her roster to see who is left after evidently more are transferring out this year too.

And not that it is a bad thing. Too many of them couldn't compete in the SEC and sure weren't getting coached up by Jo and her staff. Unfortunately I don't know if there are any good assistants out there that would want to join a staff whose HC is on the ropes already.

We got another billy Kennedy situation going on, where good assistants leave and not so good ones are all that he can hire. Now jo is getting rid of some assistants that weren't getting the job done and is looking at a limited pool of applicants who would want to risk their careers by getting involved in this mess.

BoozingAg
And some people feel sympathetic for the coach
docb
AG
Yea sometimes a sinking ship can't be righted!
mullokmotx
AG
The commentators said 2 things of interest last night. 1 was that Show said she had learned to love the game again, and the other was that she went back to the batting stance she had in high school. Glasco was the hitting coach here her first 2 years.
She seems to have it over FSU. She beat them 2 years ago in California.
I'm not surprised there might be transfers. If no one does transfer the team will have about 25 players next year, which seems too many. With 20 players this year there were several who barely played, and there would be more players who wouldn't play next year.
PhatMack19
AG
TXAggie2011
AG
Softball pitchers need to wear the mask.

I know some find it annoying, but they'll get use to it and thank the mask after they're done playing softball.
Belton Ag
AG
Several years ago at the old Aggie Softball Complex we saw a pitcher for Kansas take a shot right off her forehead. She was on the ground for a while and after the game we saw her in the concourse behind the stadium and she a huge gnarly knot sticking out of her head. Weirdest knot I've ever seen, it was massive. She actually had good humor about the whole thing but it was scary.
sharpdressedman
PhatMack19 said:

Numerous of the disgusting comments reminded me why I don't Twitter.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.