Season ticket renewals

4,112 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by twk
MMantle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone have a guesstimate as to how many Priority Points you need to get a parking pass in Olsen (i.e., not in Reed) ?

RR
zagman
AG
We could fill 10,000 seats for SEC games.
Full Speed Ahead - Fire At Will - Gig'em

"I have never enjoyed any position more than being president of Texas A&M University." Robert Gates 11/08/06
12th Man Ag
AG
MMantle said:

Does anyone have a guesstimate as to how many Priority Points you need to get a parking pass in Olsen (i.e., not in Reed) ?

RR

I am ranked around 2100 and had Olsen parking last year.
Tex100
AG
LOYAL AG said:

My hunch is that they'll build reserved seats down the LF line, raise the price for downstairs seats by 50% then offer those of us that have been downstairs forever the chance to move to the new reserved seats at 80% of our current price or pay the new significantly higher price. So my choice will be to stay in 103 at $600/seat or move to the new LF seats for $300/seat. I'll get first right of refusal on worse seats at a similar price.

The bright side would be the lack of a net in the new LF line seating!
I think that is right. Or they may build club seats and give high PP folks a chance for the additional new club seats they add downstairs and the rest like you said: Pay more for downstairs or move to what was left field berm if you want to stay.
Tex100
AG
12th Man Ag said:

MMantle said:

RR

I am ranked around 2100 and had Olsen parking last year.
Whereas, 5000 was not enough. They had a pool and a pond.....

My daughter is a student and uses a lot of our tickets. She can already park at Reed, so if that my assignment this year, I will ask for a refund.
Bullpen Chias
AG
Yes. Drink booze and an escape from the elements. Same concept as Zone Club. Turn some of your worst seats into something you can get a lot of money for.

Red Sox making bank on those Green Monster seats too.
Hop
Staff
AG
Bullpen Chias said:

2000 $8 seats isn't worth the addition. Would take forever to pay for itself. The premium stuff with donation is what will make this happen, and there is demand for more. Adding 2000 seats to replace say 750 berm seats that will be used 20x per season doesn't work.

A 500 seat club generates 5x in revenue what you'd get from just throwing another 2000 "cheap seats" down the line. Good convo though. I think the next phase of Blue Bell will be significant donor seats.

Curious where you got that math. Let's stick with your 2000 seat section where the 3rd base/left field berm is located. That's not a huge infrastructure project turning grass into seats and not as expensive as you are projecting. Most of that section could be sold as season tickets with the waiting list. And if not, those tickets would sell at $12/ea. But for brevity's sake, let's assume all seats are sold as season tickets at $400/ea. That's $800,000 in guaranteed revenue and doesn't include other indirect revenues. Thus, the ROI and payback will be relatively short for such a project.
Bullpen Chias
AG
First, I don't believe they would do this project on the cheap like they did the RF bleachers in 1996. It would be done to look like the rest of Blue Bell. That renovation was $24M and was more cosmetic and infrastructure. I'm not sure you could do it well for under $10M

Second, the current per game season ticket price is $8 for upper level seats. You're proposing a 50% increase to seats that are down the foul line. I do think 2000 new seats in less attractive areas, could significantly decrease demand on full season seats. Part of the reason demand is so high right now is someone can sell a small chunk of their seats and pay for their season tickets in full. With 2000 more seats, the high prices on the secondary market would be reduced and people may be less motivated to buy full seasons. I think you could add 2000 premium seats and sell them out. I'm not sure you can add 2000 foul line seats and sell them out. Plus, the first 750 are just replacing the lawn seat revenue you are already getting.

I believe the revenue increase tops out at $300k annually. Jack the prices up 50% as you proposed and maybe you take that to $450k/year.

Also, I'd be fine if they renovated Reed and somehow took out the upper deck. Demand would greatly increase on full season seats. If you priced it right, you could make more money in the smaller venue.
ensign_beedrill
AG
Reed?

If you're talking about Olsen... no way. Creating a smaller venue is what got us into this. Second deck is a great place to sit and it really makes Olsen unique among college baseball stadiums.
Bullpen Chias
AG
Yes. Reed is too big for Aggie hoops. But 13k (or more) seats needed for grad/muster/shows
Hop
Staff
AG
Bullpen Chias said:

First, I don't believe they would do this project on the cheap like they did the RF bleachers in 1996. It would be done to look like the rest of Blue Bell. That renovation was $24M and was more cosmetic and infrastructure. I'm not sure you could do it well for under $10M

Second, the current per game season ticket price is $8 for upper level seats. You're proposing a 50% increase to seats that are down the foul line. I do think 2000 new seats in less attractive areas, could significantly decrease demand on full season seats. Part of the reason demand is so high right now is someone can sell a small chunk of their seats and pay for their season tickets in full. With 2000 more seats, the high prices on the secondary market would be reduced and people may be less motivated to buy full seasons. I think you could add 2000 premium seats and sell them out. I'm not sure you can add 2000 foul line seats and sell them out. Plus, the first 750 are just replacing the lawn seat revenue you are already getting.

I believe the revenue increase tops out at $300k annually. Jack the prices up 50% as you proposed and maybe you take that to $450k/year.

Also, I'd be fine if they renovated Reed and somehow took out the upper deck. Demand would greatly increase on full season seats. If you priced it right, you could make more money in the smaller venue.

I'm not suggesting to put aluminum bleachers on the berm, but it certainly won't cost $10 million to make a permanent, long-term conversion because you aren't making any changes to the infrastructure. It would take a little dirt work, concrete, and green folding seats.

The $24 million included complete structural changes to concourses, rest rooms, exterior brick, major landscaping, construction of all new baseball offices and locker rooms, weight room, suites, new premium seating areas, new press box, etc.

We're talking about some dirt work, concrete, and nice seats. That's nowhere close to $10 million.

Current season tickets in the lower level were increased to $435/each for this season. Those new seats are just past 3rd base and will be facing the infield with good sight lines and relatively close to the action. With the waiting list, you could easily sell those for around $400...maybe $395.
Bullpen Chias
AG
Sounds like we're talking about two different things. I believe you'd have to extend the first deck and second deck to get 2000 seats. The second deck is what costs a lot and those seats are currently $290 for the season. Just extending the lower level makes more sense, but it probably only replaces the berms with permanent seats and really doesn't change capacity of Olsen.

I think we both want a bigger Olsen, I just want more premium space vs a quantity add.
twk
AG
Bullpen Chias said:

Sounds like we're talking about two different things. I believe you'd have to extend the first deck and second deck to get 2000 seats. The second deck is what costs a lot and those seats are currently $290 for the season. Just extending the lower level makes more sense, but it probably only replaces the berms with permanent seats and really doesn't change capacity of Olsen.

I think we both want a bigger Olsen, I just want more premium space vs a quantity add.
At the focus group, they told us that putting armchair seats in place of the LF berm would add about 600 seats. That's definitely going to happen, it's just a question of what else.

One thing that may give them pause is the alcohol situation. If the SEC were to permit alcohol in general seating, and A&M decided to go that route, that would take a lot of the luster off club seats, and would probably affect their expansion/renovation plans at Olsen.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.