Season ticket renewals

4,113 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by twk
ensign_beedrill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just got the email. Season ticket renewal is available October 15 through November 5. Prices have gone up.

https://12thman.com/news/2018/10/11/season-ticket-renewals-for-aggie-baseball-softball-tennis-and-track-field-set-for-oct-15-nov-5.aspx

[Sorry guys, I posted the wrong link earlier.]
Bullpen Chias
AG
Not by enough unfortunately
moag94
Anyone have the comparison between last year and this year on prices? Can't seem to find what we paid last year to have a bearing of how significant the increase is.....
ensign_beedrill
AG
Not by enough? You want to pay more? We are already among the highest priced tickets in college baseball.
ensign_beedrill
AG
I don't know what it is for all levels. For my level, last year was 255. This year is 290. About a 14% increase.
Bullpen Chias
AG
If you are renewing near 100% every year, and there is a line 50 miles long to buy season tickets, you have not priced them correctly. What other schools charge is actually irrelevant.
Leander - Ag
AG
Bullpen Chias said:

If you are renewing near 100% every year, and there is a line 50 miles long to buy season tickets, you have not priced them correctly. What other schools charge is actually irrelevant.
Or our park is too small
Bullpen Chias
AG
A larger park would help some. It would open up opportunities for people to buy in less desirable areas. Based on the survey they sent a year or two ago, it could mean new premium areas which is what I would like to purchase. I can offer twice what someone pays for their club seats and not get a single taker. That shows that the prices still aren't in alignment with demand.
AgFlyGuy
AG
ensign_beedrill said:

Just got the email. Season ticket renewal is available October 15 through November 5. Prices have gone up.

https://12thman.com/news/2018/10/11/season-ticket-renewals-for-aggie-baseball-softball-tennis-and-track-field-set-for-oct-15-nov-5.aspx

[Sorry guys, I posted the wrong link earlier.]
FIFY
ensign_beedrill
AG
Thanks. For some reason I thought the 15th was already passed.
W
AG
so I guess this means the price of an individual game ticket (reserved & GA) is also going up?

it needs to for season ticket holders to have any chance of reselling tickets on StubHub for games they cannot attend
trouble
AG
I don't think whomever is in charge of pricing cares about that.
tonytx05
AG
Looks like we finally get an online system for making seat changes. Not that there will be much/anything available to move to, but at least now I can see for myself how I can't get where I want to be.
12th Man Ag
AG
tonytx05 said:

Looks like we finally get an online system for making seat changes. Not that there will be much/anything available to move to, but at least now I can see for myself how I can't get where I want to be.
Yup. I signed up, but I am betting when my appointment time comes around I will just be looking at a screen full of "not available" seats.
Anonymous Source
S
Leander - Ag said:

Bullpen Chias said:

Or our park is too small
Both can be correct
Gig 'Em
96ags
AG
What is the donation levels for the club/suites?
wareagle044
baseball and softball both renewed.
KaneIsAble
AG
damnit - parking is now $180.
ensign_beedrill
AG
With 34 home games, that's slightly over $5 per game. Even if you go to every game, it would be cheaper to just pay at the lot when you get there.

Unless they're raising single game parking prices too.
12th Man Ag
AG
ensign_beedrill said:

With 34 home games, that's slightly over $5 per game. Even if you go to every game, it would be cheaper to just pay at the lot when you get there.

Unless they're raising single game parking prices too.

Unless you have Olsen parking. They don't let you park in Olsen on the weekends without the pass.
tonytx05
AG
Yes but it takes an ungodly amount of priority points to get Olsen parking.

I wish they would let you designate you only want Olsen parking if available. I'd pay for that, but if I end up with Reed Arena then I'd rather just pay cash the day of the game.
12th Man Ag
AG
If you get Reed and don't want it, just call them and they will refund the payment.
Bullpen Chias
AG
If you can't get Olsen parking, the Reed 20 game pass is not bad. It keeps me from having to stop at the ATM on the way to the park. Just leave that little book in the truck.
tonytx05
AG
12th Man Ag said:

If you get Reed and don't want it, just call them and they will refund the payment.

Yes, but then you have the hassle of returning the ticket book to get your refund. It would be so much easier if they let you specify up front that you wanted Olsen parking only.
Tex100
AG
tonytx05 said:

preparing for the reseating in a couple of years.
Hop
Staff
AG
The long line for season tickets and the price increase is a clear reflection that the decision to reduce "real" seating capacity for Olsen Field was a ridiculous strategic move at the time. It still boggles my mind that A&M invested $15 million in a renovation that reduced seating in a venue that had a waiting list at the time.

Tex100
AG
Byrne was an under build vs over build guy. Keeps demand high. Before SEC move the plan was to redo the west side and lose 7,000 seats.

OTOH, There was no waiting line when I got season tickets around 8 years ago. I think demand has increased
12th Man Ag
AG
I agree demand is high now due to limited supply, but would those who want tickets really be beating down the door to have tickets where the berms are now?
Bullpen Chias
AG
That's the right question to be asking.

The park needs more premium space. The outfield suites/picnic areas are an easy addition. They would sell out and pay for themselves rather quickly.

You could also add some premium space down the lines. A 500 person club on each outfield line could push some of the non-club lower level seat holders and best upper level seat holders out further to get club seating.

Those additions could easily take Olsen up 1500-2000 seats. I'm not sure replacing the berms makes a ton of sense. We already had seats down the RF line once and someone thought the berm was a better idea. Maybe it was.
Hop
Staff
AG
12th Man Ag said:

I agree demand is high now due to limited supply, but would those who want tickets really be beating down the door to have tickets where the berms are now?
Yes. People won't travel from Houston or Dallas with the chance to sit on a berm or stand up in the concourse in general admission. They want a reserved seat before they invest the time and money. I bet they could easily sell another 1000 season tickets and sell out another 2000 reserved seats on SEC weekends.
Hop
Staff
AG
Bullpen Chias said:

The park needs more premium space. The outfield suites/picnic areas are an easy addition. They would sell out and pay for themselves rather quickly.

You could also add some premium space down the lines. A 500 person club on each outfield line could push some of the non-club lower level seat holders and best upper level seat holders out further to get club seating.

Those additions could easily take Olsen up 1500-2000 seats. I'm not sure replacing the berms makes a ton of sense. We already had seats down the RF line once and someone thought the berm was a better idea. Maybe it was.

The premium stuff is fine I guess, but the stadium needs more reserved seating for the masses. I'm fine with keeping the right field berm, but transition the berm on the 3rd base line to a reserved seating section.
12th Man Ag
AG
Hop said:

Bullpen Chias said:

The premium stuff is fine I guess, but the stadium needs more reserved seating for the masses. I'm fine with keeping the right field berm, but transition the berm on the 3rd base line to a reserved seating section.

I agree this would be the easiest, immediate fix. Extend both decks down the left field line to the bullpen.
Bullpen Chias
AG
2000 $8 seats isn't worth the addition. Would take forever to pay for itself. The premium stuff with donation is what will make this happen, and there is demand for more. Adding 2000 seats to replace say 750 berm seats that will be used 20x per season doesn't work.

A 500 seat club generates 5x in revenue what you'd get from just throwing another 2000 "cheap seats" down the line. Good convo though. I think the next phase of Blue Bell will be significant donor seats.
12th Man Ag
AG
What is the allure of an outfield or left field line club? Is it just the ability to drink and get pricey food? I may be in the minority, but I prefer sitting between the bags and home plate. Would a new club beyond the bags or in the outfield cause anyone to move or just be a good financial play for getting more money from those new season ticket holders?
LOYAL AG
AG
My hunch is that they'll build reserved seats down the LF line, raise the price for downstairs seats by 50% then offer those of us that have been downstairs forever the chance to move to the new reserved seats at 80% of our current price or pay the new significantly higher price. So my choice will be to stay in 103 at $600/seat or move to the new LF seats for $300/seat. I'll get first right of refusal on worse seats at a similar price.

The bright side would be the lack of a net in the new LF line seating!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.